Just a reminder....
    Go To Post #1
(12-29-2016, 08:32 PM)DanCooper Wrote: The Toyota I-road is more suitable for commuting within a city than for more spread-out places, because of its lower speed, shorter range, and narrower track compared with the SRK.  If I happened to hit a big pothole I would rather do it in an SRK than an I-road.  The active tilt probably won't react fast enough and the narrow track will tip you over.  I think the only advantage of tilting is to enable a narrower track, and the only advantage of a narrower track is where parking is really hard to come by but motorcycle parking is available.  I heard that the I-road will only be sold in Japan.  I would like to see it here.  Any light vehicle will help build market acceptance for all of them.

The i-road has been testing in Grenoble, France for a while now. (It's a 'ride sharing' testbed, transit-hub to office-park-hub.)

Based on the type of vehicle (low max speed) it certainly makes sense to only sell them in areas with massive congestion and parking problems in an urban center environment. I see the i-road (because of its low speed AND low occupancy) more of a transit/ride-share solution than a general vehicle solution.
    Go To Post #1
I used to live in the Grenoble suburbs. It is not particularly congested until you get into town. There is a good light rail system with park and rides. A lot of people don't take the rail because it might not go to where they want to go in town. Light rail coupled with I-road could be a real winner.

When I lived in Meylan (Grenoble suburb), the Greens ran city hall. They tried to discourage car travel by building chicanes (lanes to make cars slow down and swerve). It was a really stupid idea. The chicanes made it even worse for bicycles. Once a cop stopped my son for riding his bike on the sidewalk. He told the cop that his mother told him not to ride in the chicane, and the cop said OK, then. So my neighbors busted up the chicane, twice, at night. Then the Greens got voted out of office.
    Go To Post #1
Could be that they´re refreshing their homepage with a new blog .... I dialed to find out whether they´d be keeping their promise .... and the page was down. Hopefully not for long!

BTW ... Rick, I still think that Toyota´s put their money on the wrong horse. The iRoad´s rear wheel steering just cannot be the solution. And the small four-wheeler hasn´t got much to offer: no real doors and no chance of a marketable, small urban vehicle (and `raves´ by journos are two a penny)! Nissan seem to have dumped their Roadrunner concept on favour of a new, delta, three-seater concept. Not much hope for a brighter future ....
    Go To Post #1
Somehow this thread has mutated into a discussion about the Toyota I-road. I've added a new topic in the "similar vehicles' forum ...

Here : http://srkowners.com/showthread.php?tid=70

If you want to move your posts, feel free. If you don't feel free not to do that also ... Wink
    Go To Post #1
I noticed some changes on the Arcimoto website.  All the previous updates are gone and no December Newsletter?  Perhaps the good news is scheduled for New Years Day for a good new year sendoff?

Attached Files
.gif   IMG_5399.GIF (Size: 532 bytes / Downloads: 62)

Go To Post #1
[quote pid='417' dateline='1483226330']
I noticed some changes on the Arcimoto website.  All the previous updates are gone and no December Newsletter?  Perhaps the good news is scheduled for New Years Day for a good new year sendoff?
[/quote]

Looks to me like the old updates are still there.

https://www.arcimoto.com/blog/
    Go To Post #1
Received the December Newsletter just in the nick of time. I have mixed feelings about the news.

Go To Post #1
Me too! Nothing new; really just a summary of what was reported during the last few months. Still no further news about the enclosures, and still not even windscreen wipers. What leads me to believe that I won´t be getting one any time in the near future is that basic elements of the vehicle, like the suspension and the gear box are reported as still in the development stage. A rough sketch of what the production facility could look like is something that Lit C1´s genius CEO Kim would have dreamed up. I am now officially `disappointed´!

PS

I looked in to their web site .... and the the new three-monthly blog is still missing. Think they just cobbled the news letter together as a stop gap and that things at SRK have just about come to a standstill.
    Go To Post #1
Terms like "Cusp of Production" and it was late 2016, but now "looks" to be April 2017 are open ended delay announcements and subject to additional delay statements down the road.  The A Team isn't at a standstill,  but I would rather have seen at least renderings of the enclosure panel finalized design, engineered hinging mechanisms, and windshield wipers, rather than the simple statement we are working on them.  

Oh well, the Summer 2017 Pilot Fleet deployment isn't too far off.  The finish line keeps moving and is always just out of reach. This is my last year of crappin around hoping for an enclosed three wheeler FUV (Fun Utility Vehicle). The process has ceased to be FFM.  (Fun For Me).

I'll end up buying a real EV.........the Tesla Model 3..........oh wait a minute, not much progress on that front either. Smile

The most  likely to deliver is Electra Meccanica's Solo.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Go To Post #1
Yeah, can't help to be just a little disappointed myself. The car I'm using temporarily till the SRK comes is really hanging on by a thread. It's looking more and more like I'm going to have to go used car shopping, which I absolutely despise. It takes super long, dealing with the salespeople is like pulling teeth, and I always end up getting ripped off somehow. I'd rather change a thousand diapers.

That being said, I am looking forward to the product video coming out this week.