1.62 the bottom?
    Go To Post #1
(02-13-2020, 03:30 PM)DanCooper Wrote: The beauty of three wheels is simply a smaller, lighter vehicle than a car. It uses a lot less energy, is easier to park, and more fun to drive. The regulatory barrier to a new company is much lower, because it is considered to be a motorcycle.

Yeah, that should be true. However ...

I believe the evergreen has a 20 kWh battery (19.7?) and has a range of "about" 100 miles around town (according to ArcMo).

My 4wheel EV weighs more, has an 18.5 kWh battery pack and routinely gets 110 miles out of a full charge: about 6 m/kWh (I usually drive "around town" - under 50 mph except for short "hops" on the freeway for 4-6 miles). It also has full heating and cooling system for the battery - it can charge at -20F and 120F (*not* the battery pack temp, the outside temp : the HVAC system for the battery will heat or cool the battery pack to what it needs to be before actually charging the battery). It also accelerates like a bat out of hell (over 350 pounds-feet of torque).

I don't know *why*, but (IMO) the FUV isn't getting the 'mileage' that it should.
    Go To Post #1
(02-14-2020, 04:37 PM)SparkE Wrote: Yeah, that should be true. However ...

I believe the evergreen has a 20 kWh battery (19.7?) and has a range of "about" 100 miles around town (according to ArcMo).

My 4wheel EV weighs more, has an 18.5 kWh battery pack and routinely gets 110 miles out of a full charge: about 6 m/kWh (I usually drive "around town" - under 50 mph except for short "hops" on the freeway for 4-6 miles). It also has full heating and cooling system for the battery - it can charge at -20F and 120F (*not* the battery pack temp, the outside temp : the HVAC system for the battery will heat or cool the battery pack to what it needs to be before actually charging the battery). It also accelerates like a bat out of hell (over 350 pounds-feet of torque).

I don't know *why*, but (IMO) the FUV isn't getting the 'mileage' that it should.

Do you have a Leaf? I don’t think the Arcimoto has 20 kWh battery - it is 18.144.
    Go To Post #1
I have a leaf, my avg. speed is @39mph as I drive on country roads and I avg. 3.9 m/kwh. I am really hoping doors help the FUV a lot.
    Go To Post #1
(02-14-2020, 07:24 PM)Trik Wrote: I have a leaf, my avg. speed is @39mph as I drive on country roads and I avg. 3.9 m/kwh. I am really hoping doors help the FUV a lot.

The Evergreen is 5’5” tall which creates wind drag. In addition, Arcimoto is pretty much reinventing the wheel. They started out in a literal garage. They are not a 100 billion a year in sales company that has been making electric cars for over 10 years. I support American jobs. Arcimoto has over 100 employees right now.
[+] 1 user Likes harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
Unfortunately, without doors, the Arcimoto is *less* efficient than my BMW i3 at highway speeds - and at "urban big road" speeds of 35-45 MPH, it's about even. And that's running the i3's climate control system, too, compared to the FUV's "enjoy the wind and rain, but have a toasty bottom and hands".

The FUV is fun, and it is efficient for city driving - but for highway driving, an efficient 4-door EV is better. I'm hoping full doors will help somewhat, but that closer-to-vertical front profile doesn't help.
    Go To Post #1
I do not have a LEAF. (The first gen LEAFs had either a 24 or 30 kWh battery).

I have a 2015 Spark EV.

According to : https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkalogia...80b5111df9

(2nd google hit on my search) :

"A 19.2kWh battery packed into the front gives the Arcimoto about 100 miles of range, but if you hammer it the whole time at its 75 mph top speed, you still get 30 or so miles of travel. "
    Go To Post #1
(02-14-2020, 08:59 PM)harriska2 Wrote: The Evergreen is 5’5” tall which creates wind drag. In addition, Arcimoto is pretty much reinventing the wheel. They started out in a literal garage. They are not a 100 billion a year in sales company that has been making electric cars for over 10 years. I support American jobs. Arcimoto has over 100 employees right now.

I too support American jobs, my Leaf was "assembled/made" in Tennessee by American workers, I also invested in Arcimoto's IPO and have purchased even more stock since then. Please do not miss my point, after driving an EV I will not go back to a ICE powered car, but the FUV will have to be a lot more efficient to get my customer base. Unless they can improve the m/kwh the FUV will only get the (very large) Urban market. I really think doors will help with efficiency, I can tell a big difference in my efficiency when driving into the wind, I had no idea wind drag could have that big of an effect but it does.
    Go To Post #1
(02-15-2020, 01:40 PM)Trik Wrote: I too support American jobs, my Leaf was "assembled/made" in Tennessee by American workers, I also invested in Arcimoto's IPO and have purchased even more stock since then. Please do not miss my point, after driving an EV I will not go back to a ICE powered car, but the FUV will have to be a lot more efficient to get my customer base. Unless they can improve the m/kwh the FUV will only get the (very large) Urban market. I really think doors will help with efficiency, I can tell a big difference in my efficiency when driving into the wind, I had no idea wind drag could have that big of an effect but it does.

A Leaf weighs 3500-4000 lbs. It requires more parts to keep you safe and comfy. Which is really not good for the Earth. That is what’s behind the Arcimoto: less is more.
[+] 1 user Likes harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
Doors and range. The zero motorcycle battery company makes the battery.

They have to partner with LG or someone to make a battery specific fuv.

Hyper miling u can get good range. Leave early and drive slow.
    Go To Post #1
(02-15-2020, 08:37 PM)Templedog1 Wrote: Doors and range. The zero motorcycle battery company makes the battery.  

They have to partner with LG or someone to make a battery specific fuv.  

Hyper miling u can get good range. Leave early and drive slow.

Farasis is a Chinese company that makes the li-ion battery pouches. Zero makes their batteries using Farasis li-ion pouches. Same as Arcimoto. Arcimoto strings the pouches together and places them into 2 battery units. Arcimoto then designed the software for the battery management system. Not sure where you get your info but we have a nice info sheet on the FB page plus I’ve asked if they assemble their own batteries, which they do. I believe they have patents on their BMS.