Map Comments
    Go To Post #1
(11-14-2017, 10:38 PM)bevhoward Wrote: I know there are privacy issues, but, perhaps arcimoto could be solicited for a database containing reservation numbers (for the username) plus city, state and country... perhaps a small dot or white pin for those that are not forum members... yet.

Beverly Howard

I'd be willing to do the work to pin the reservation holders.
The only thing is that once those people became members we'd have duplicates.
I know that they could give us their reservation numbers to enable me to remove the #'d reservation pins.
But human nature is such that many would likely not notify us and we'd end up with an inaccurate map.

I have faith that our little group (what now, 400+) will continue to grow with time.
The best thing members who are interested in seeing us grow can do is to spread the word.
Not only on Arcimoto's FB page, but everywhere they go on the internet and off.

I'm looking forward to a day (hopefully soon) that we'll have thousands of active members and I'll be a virtual slave to the two three-wheeler sites I run.
Won't mind that a bit, but word of mouth has got to make it happen.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
>> The only thing is that once those people became members we'd have duplicates. <<

Think that would be something that could easily be addressed. If the data included a first and last name that would be kept private, asking for a "place in line number" when they signed up could allow both de-duping and placing pins at sign up or later.

Arcimoto really needs to put something on their site that allows users to get their reservation number... I had to ask via email to get mine.

>> 400+ <<

Shy aren't they ;-)

I would suggest adding a couple of lines to your pin page... took me a while to get it right.

Add a caption to the location field saying,
"Enter your street address plus city, state"
"If you are concerned for privacy reasons, enter only your city, state"
"If you are not located in the USA, add your country after the state"
Then add
"Be sure to press 'OK' and confirm your location when finished."

Know that I'll help any way I can.

Beverly Howard
    Go To Post #1
(11-14-2017, 11:07 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 10:38 PM)bevhoward Wrote: I know there are privacy issues, but, perhaps arcimoto could be solicited for a database containing reservation numbers (for the username) plus city, state and country... perhaps a small dot or white pin for those that are not forum members... yet.

Beverly Howard

I'd be willing to do the work to pin the reservation holders.
The only thing is that once those people became members we'd have duplicates.
I know that they could give us their reservation numbers to enable me to remove the #'d reservation pins.
But human nature is such that many would likely not notify us and we'd end up with an inaccurate map.

I have faith that our little group (what now, 400+) will continue to grow with time.
The best thing members who are interested in seeing us grow can do is to spread the word.
Not only on Arcimoto's FB page, but everywhere they go on the internet and off.

I'm looking forward to a day (hopefully soon) that we'll have thousands of active members and I'll be a virtual slave to the two three-wheeler sites I run.
Won't mind that a bit, but word of mouth has got to make it happen.
Word of mouth will be much easier once there are some FUVs on the Road.  I know once I receive delivery I'll have dozens of discussions with people during my daily drives that questionscomments about the vehicle. Looking forward to it.

Go To Post #1
>> Word of mouth will be much easier once there are some FUVs on the Road. <<

Related to that, it would be great if we could get arcimoto to schedule their Texas "test ride" demos during Austin's SXSW.  

Having two or three SRK's cruising Austin streets during that week would likely create a lot of attention.

Beverly Howard

Links are apparently verboten here, so, just google search for SXSW if you don't know about this annual event.
    Go To Post #1
Sounds cool! I emailed Arcimoto directly about the Big E, a big event in the northeast. They'll check into it when they have time. I guess they're a little preoccupied right now. They have until September next year, so there's time.
    Go To Post #1
(11-15-2017, 12:16 AM)bevhoward Wrote: Links are apparently verboten here, so, just google search for SXSW if you don't know about this annual event.

Hi Bev.
Links are only verboten for noobies, and you're almost ready to cross over that line into seasoned veteran status.
You w o u l d not believe the staggering amount of spammers attempting to crash these hallowed halls every day.
So, with the links, give it another post and another try. The SXSW sounds like info we don't want to miss.
And if that doesn't work, let me know and I'll see if I can create some mischief behind the scenes.
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
You must be registered and logged in as a member of SRKowners.com before placing your pin.
You can register by clicking on this link: http://srkowners.com/member.php?action=register
Or you can click on the "Register" link in the upper left of every SRKowners.com page.

Just to clarify, FUVowners.com simplly redirects to SRKowners.com So they're essentially the same site

A note regarding the location "lookup" on the reservation map...

If the lookup returns an error message that says "Coordinates not found for address."...
hit your back button, make sure the color of your pin is correct and click the "lookup" button again.
For some reason It sometimes takes two attempts for the Google API to look up the locations successfully.

You might also try changing the location's wording around a bit.
Such as abbreviations, no abbreviations, city and state/province only, city, state/province and country, etc.

I believe it may have something to do with using City and State/Province and/or Country without a street address  in lookups.

Occasionally when you get the error message and hit your back button this will happen...
The color of the pin will turn to green by default even though the box will retain your correct status (either "No Reservation yet" or "Solo Received").
If that happens the pin will not change back to red or yellow when you click on your correct status that's still showing in the drop-down box.
In other words, when that happens, the pin color and status will be miss-matched and you'll have to reset them to match.

To match them back up, simply click on either of the status' that are not currently selected...
And then click on your originally selected correct status again. The pin icon should correctly turn either red or yellow at that point.

The great thing about the map is that your pin is secure once placed. No-one can modify it but you.
Also, the map does not disclose your exact location and when clicked, it identifies you by "username" and avitar only.

If you still have problems after trying these work-arounds, contact me and I'll enable you to get on the map ASAP.

--Dale