The ETC!
    Go To Post #1
I'm very curious about what sort of windshield wiper design they intend to use. I really expected the ETC to come out with a windshield wiper installed. That's an issue that will need to be addressed and tested before it is released to the public.
    Go To Post #1
No guarantee it still won't. They hadn't quite completed it when I took those pictures.
    Go To Post #1
If the specified windshield wiper is not part of the completed ETC build, it seems it will have to be included on the Signature Series to follow shortly after the official ETC reveal.

Go To Post #1
.... and I still want substantial doors and side windows!
    Go To Post #1
I'm going to drive my open SRK during the good weather days and the Solo on the notsogood weather days when I need doors, windows, or AC. Smile

Go To Post #1
So, Rick, I understand that you´ve given up on the doors too .... Huh
    Go To Post #1
No I am certain we will see the enclosure panel options soon......now that the frame specs are locked in on the ETC...........to be used for the production SRKs.

I may end up buying both the SRK and the Solo pending test drives.  If they both fit, I may use the base model SRK more as a traditional trike......see how much protection I get from wind, rain, etc..  Then decide to buy the hard shell enclosure option later on if/when I need it.   Also, the SRK provides a seat for my combination backseat driver, navigator, and wife of 49 years.  

I plan to use the $2-3K I save towards the purchase of a Solo with the $1K AC option to drive during the less than optional weather days or for just plain personal fun.  Reality is the enclosed SRK is likely to be the easiest to enter/exit, the more comfortable to drive, and logical choice if I have to choose one or the other.  

$11,900 (base SRK) + $15,500 (Solo) = $27,400 (less any applicable EV incentives).  Two for the price of one traditional moderately priced EV currently on the market.

Go To Post #1
I'm super undecided as to whether to get the soft or hard enclosure option. The soft enclosure would be easy to take with me and put on just when I need it but the hard would look and feel nicer. It will probably depend on the little details.
    Go To Post #1
I prefer the more substantial hard shell look and feel. I see it as a seasonal change.........spring, summer open............fall and winter (mild climate winter) enclosed. I don't see it as a quick change convertible option, but is likely for some owners.

Go To Post #1
I´m too old for leaking, loose fitting side panels. Brit sports cars had them, and they were always a pain.
I would have thought that Arcimoto would, at least, have had one set of doors to show prospective customers (and the media) that they were serious about providing and enclosed option. I thus conclude that the doors are definitely an `afterthought´