The ETC!
    Go To Post #1
The Arcimoto ETC will make it's appearance...
At the Lane County EV Ride and Drive
Sunday Sept. 11th  3 PM PDT in Springfield, OR.
No test drives are available for this event.
But it's great to see this milestone completed.

Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Somebody found my picture!  Here's a few more.

[Image: DSC_0389.jpg][Image: DSC_0380.jpg][Image: DSC_0381.jpg][Image: DSC_0383.jpg][Image: DSC_0379.jpg]

The ETC rocks!  It has been driveable for a few days now, but they want to do more testing themselves before they offer test drives.  It is mostly complete (there are a few cosmetic pieces here and there that they're still finishing up).  The visual changes are subtle, but they're there.  Overall, apart from the paint job it has almost the exact same appearance as Red and Blue unless you look close.

They made it clear that this is still a prototype, so nothing is final, but here are some of the other changes they pointed out to me:
  • There is a small trigger behind the left side of the handlebar that is used to power the SRK on and off.  A short tap powers it on, and a long hold powers it off.
  • The touchscreen now has fairly loud speakers, and it makes all kinds of cool bleeps and bloops when you use various functions.  The screen also has indicators for headlights, turn signals, hazards, etc.
  • When the power trigger is tapped with the SRK running, a loud warning sound comes out of the speakers.  This is intended to be used much like a bicycle bell; it warns people you're approaching, but is way less obnoxious than the actual horn.
  • The ETC has a foot brake only, not a hand brake like Red and Blue.  They're experimenting with using a single break to activate both the regen and hydraulic brakes in a "smart" manner, but have not ruled out going back to the dual-brake system that Red and Blue have, or giving it just a hand brake instead of just a foot brake.
    Go To Post #1
Thanks for posting the photos and info. First I've seen of the ETC. Sweet!

Go To Post #1
I noticed in their New York photos that they added speakers to Red and Blue too.

It really is cool when you press the trigger and the motors engage with a ka-chunk and the screen bleeps at you and lights up with a password request.  It feels like you're activating a spaceship.
    Go To Post #1
I noticed the speakers as well. Cool and functional. I plan on running amplified Harley Davidson V-Twin sound effects through mine..........just kidding........well maybe at the 2017 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Smile

I'm thinking SRK Signature Series Owner's Club Meet up during at centrally located Sturgis Rally......the Sharks all wearing their signature Arcimoto Black T's. Perhaps the wrong event for the typical SRK minded owner.

Go To Post #1
You're getting a Signature Series?  I'm jealous; they're building those now.  I'm not too far down the list though.  66 is pretty good, especially considering they have over 1,100 preorders as of a few days ago.
    Go To Post #1
Unfortunately not! I generally make reference to all reservationist first run production SRK's as Signature Series.....my bad. The A Team better Sign all of the first run Cool-ector Edition SRK's.

1,100 pre-orders is respectable for the limited awareness to date, but sales will go crazy when people see ours flying the road.

Go To Post #1
Heck yeah they will! I'm hoping to get mine signed, "Signature Series" or not!
    Go To Post #1
Sounds like the A Team was lobbying to qualify the Arcimoto SRK in the EV incentive program while in DC.

Another outstanding article on the SRK at:

http://www.autofinancenews.net/the-arcim...ic-future/

Go To Post #1
Haha even the cops want one.