Signature Series
    Go To Post #1
The side panels are 1/4 doors. There are only on ours and Creativeguys who is picking up his SS-FUV on Friday. It was cool and rainy yesterday so we tested out the seat heaters and they definitely get warm. They are turned on with a dual button set up, one on top other on bottom. You push the one you want and it lights up. in the day light it is hard to see the lights and tell whether they are on or off. Wipers work great with several settings for intermittent wiping. The regen braking is really strong and brings it to almost a complete stop but if on any grade the driver has to use the foot brake.. Which brings up an awareness issue with the foot brake.. The first time I used it I had to push really hard and finally realized that My toes of my shoes were pushing on the lever that goes to the pad rather than just the pad. When I shifted my foot to being directly on the pad the hydraulic brakes worked great. This also happened to Susan.
[+] 2 users Like PAX's post
    Go To Post #1
(06-10-2018, 03:37 PM)PAX Wrote: The side panels are 1/4 doors. There are only on ours and Creativeguys who is picking up his SS-FUV on Friday.  It was cool and rainy yesterday so we tested out the seat heaters and they definitely get warm. They are turned on with a dual button set up, one on top other on bottom. You push the one you want and it lights up. in the day light it is hard to see the lights and tell whether they are on or off. Wipers work great with several settings for intermittent wiping. The regen braking is really strong and brings it to almost a complete stop but if on any grade the driver has to use the foot brake.. Which brings up an awareness issue with the foot brake.. The first time I used it I had to push really hard and finally realized that My toes of my shoes were pushing on the lever that goes to the pad rather than just the pad. When I shifted my foot to being directly on the pad the hydraulic brakes worked great. This also happened to Susan.

Great to hear about the wiper setting, I was wondering about that. Also sounds like the braking is is good shape
    Go To Post #1
Thanks for the pics and info, PAX.  It's great to see these progress photos of owner's machines.  I love those quarter doors.  Hopefully they'll be available on the standard FUV.  The regen action sounds just right as well.  My wife and I purchased a BMW i3 a few months ago and the behavior is similar:  strong regen that allows for one pedal driving, then friction brakes when needed.  Although the steering inputs are completely different, the driving experience should be rather similar.
    Go To Post #1
I will ride with the hardshell panels the majority of the time in my climate.  However, for those in warmer climates the partial soft door panels are a very functional option.  The rear door half panel-option would provide a more secure enclosure if/when taking a pet or carrying cargo/groceries in the rear seat area.

Go To Post #1
Loving all the updates! I hope the quarter doors come standard. If not, I'll at least need a set of those, just to keep curious onlookers from a quick sit.
    Go To Post #1
Head light quiz..Here are two pictures of head lights on my garage door.  one high and one low beam.
[Image: high_beams.jpg]

[Image: low_beams.jpg]
How is this done?

Speed limit - what speed limit.  I am cruising down a two lane freeway in right lane at abou62  when an entrance lane appears out of some trees on the right with a number of cars zipping down to merge in my lane. A quick glance in my left mirror showed a pickup truck back a ways but gaining on me.  I put my left blinker on and twisted the throttle and changed lanes while I accelerated safely in front of the truck. Looking at the speed I was doing 70 MPH- from 62 to 70 was really quick.  One reason I accelerated fast is that the side mirrors are convex and distance is a bit harder to judge. It still had some speed left.

Every where we go in Red people want to know more about it.   Most people don't realize that it is electric.  I took care of that problem.
[Image: Electric_sign.jpg]
on both sides.
[+] 6 users Like PAX's post
    Go To Post #1
I love that! People have stopped to ask me about it twice on the brief test drives I've had. I can't imagine all the questions you get!
    Go To Post #1
(06-29-2018, 01:46 AM)PAX Wrote: Head light quiz..Here are two pictures of head lights on my garage door.  one high and one low beam.
[Image: high_beams.jpg]

[Image: low_beams.jpg]
How is this done?

No one took me up on this!  The top photo is high beams and bottom is low beams. The difference is achieved by  a shield that flips over the upper part of each light when on low beam and flips out completely on high beam.  High beam is bright.
The lights are LEDs and I was told that they have a cooling fan.
[+] 1 user Likes PAX's post
    Go To Post #1
YELLOW REACHES1000 MILES!. I have been enjoying this vehicle every day since picking it up 3 weeks and it just passed 1000 miles on the odometer.
[Image: 037_FB0_BA_171_A_4_FAA_8_AB8_0144039_E996_F.jpg]
[+] 9 users Like CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
(07-06-2018, 07:28 PM)CreativeGuy Wrote: YELLOW REACHES1000 MILES!.  I have been enjoying this vehicle every day since picking it up  3 weeks and it just passed 1000 miles on the odometer.
[Image: 037_FB0_BA_171_A_4_FAA_8_AB8_0144039_E996_F.jpg]

Are you finding the range to be in line with the advertised 70 miles?  I'm guessing that a 130 mile extended range FUV has not yet been produced.