Someone on the Evergreen list was contacted for color
    Go To Post #1
(06-11-2019, 08:02 PM)4dthinker Wrote: I assume nothing as it is pointless when I have no info to base my assumptions on. I have to wait an unpredictable amount of time until they start making $12k FUVs for those in the midwest region who have reservations.   Eventually I'll get bored with this forum and their facebook pages and simple, maybe, hopefully will be truly surprised when an email shows up asking me to pick my FUV's color and send them $5k.   Smile
Well now we know for sure it was testing and light supplier. Oh, and rain/tornadoes.
    Go To Post #1
(06-12-2019, 08:45 AM)Dr_Jim Wrote: Just got an update letter from Arcimoto and indeed, there are testing issues - some of which (frame strength) appear to have been addressed, some are in work (headlight lamp recertifications), and one important test (braking distance & effectiveness) which has been pushed back to June 17th due to weather issues.

They're anticipating an initial run rate of two FUV's per day, so with luck the first 10 units may pop out in June, the next 30 could arrive before August, and after that they anticipate producing four FUV's per day through the rest of the 100 unit Evergreen run.

Mark also promised that "we will update you on our certification and production schedule, as well as anticipated delivery window." before July.

This is decent news, not perfect, but acceptable, given that they're moving from prototype to production which isn't exactly trivial.

Cheers
Jim
I’m curious as to how you know it’s the headlight lamp. The email only stated lamps (several?) of which there are many on the Arcimoto.
    Go To Post #1
The “dual alien death rays” were original headlights but were too far apart for certification. Because most states only allow up to 3 headlights they had to make those “not headlights.” I agree and think the new headlights in the middle are the ones that are suspect and they simply chose ones that don’t pass muster (probably aren’t intense enough or don’t throw light far enough ahead).
    Go To Post #1
The required manufacturer’s Validation testing FMVSS Certification that includes headlights and Lamps is Federal, nothing to with the States. Individual States regulate their Vehicle registration and licensing requirements only. In checking with the Idaho Transportation Deptartment to confirm that the Evergreen would Register and license with out issue, the only Idaho requirement is that the vehicle must display the FMVSS Motorcycle Certification Tag/VIN#.

I ass.u.med the Arcimoto engineers that specified the OEM headlight assembly would have validated it on Betas or Lab tested it prior to actually using it on the Evergreen to avoid this very kind of production delay. Matter of fact, I assumed all the validation testing was done on Betas, required changes made based on that testing, and then implemented on the production ready Meet the Evergreen. The final retesting and Official FMVSS certification would have been a walk in the park. Obviously, not the case.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
I’m getting away from FUV Forum and all the speculation until the Arcimoto is announced to be FMVSS Certified and production begins. I plan to provide any assistance I can to Arcimoto Joel in our efforts to get proposed legislation drafted and passed during Idaho’s 2020 Legislative Sesson to exempt the Arcimoto from Idaho’s current motorcycle endorsement an helmet requirements. Very good chance that will happen, paving the way for a viable Arcimoto Rentail Center franchise opportunity in Idaho’s key tourist destination cities like Coeur d’Alene (my neck of the woods) and Boise.

“Happy Trails to You”, playing softly in the background.

Until we meet again, maybe in person at the 1st Annual Arcimoto Motorcycle Rally. Smile

Rick

Go To Post #1
(06-12-2019, 10:06 PM)Rickb Wrote: I’m getting away from FUV Forum and all the speculation until the Arcimoto is announced to be FMVSS Certified and production begins.  I plan to provide any assistance I can to Arcimoto Joel in our efforts to get proposed legislation drafted and passed during Idaho’s 2020 Legislative Sesson to exempt the Arcimoto from Idaho’s current motorcycle endorsement an helmet requirements.  Very good chance that will happen, paving the way for a viable Arcimoto Rentail Center franchise opportunity in Idaho’s key tourist destination cities like Coeur d’Alene (my neck of the woods) and Boise.

“Happy Trails to You”,  playing softly in the background.

Until we meet again, maybe in person at the 1st Annual Arcimoto Motorcycle Rally. Smile

Rick

Best of Luck!
[+] 1 user Likes ricschug's post
    Go To Post #1
(06-12-2019, 08:26 PM)Rickb Wrote: The required manufacturer’s Validation testing FMVSS Certification that includes headlights and Lamps is Federal, nothing to with the States. Individual States regulate their Vehicle registration and licensing requirements only.   In checking with the Idaho Transportation Deptartment to confirm that the Evergreen would Register and license with out issue, the only Idaho requirement is that the vehicle must display the FMVSS Motorcycle Certification Tag/VIN#.

I ass.u.med the Arcimoto engineers that specified the OEM headlight assembly would have validated it on Betas or Lab tested it prior to actually using it on the Evergreen to avoid this very kind of production delay.  Matter of fact, I assumed all the validation testing was done on Betas, required changes made based on that testing, and then implemented on the production ready Meet the Evergreen.  The final retesting and Official FMVSS certification would have been a walk in the park.  Obviously, not the case.
It is federal headlight requirements but some states don’t require daytime lights and some states allow modulated lights. Not sure if passing/no passing affected any of these, I doubt it. The new headlight assembly was never on the betas. They did the tests in conjunction with pre-sales to move the project forward and show investors interest and get $500k in downpayments.

I would have preferred test be completed before sales but I understand their business perspective.
    Go To Post #1
The Arcimoto is a motorcycle. Daytime running lights should be standard practice regardless of whether the state requires it or not. More and More States are making it law. It’s a simple safety practice that allows motorcycles to be more highly visible to other drivers. The daytime running lights will be on when I’m driving my YELLOW Arcimoto and you will see me whether you want to or not.

Note: The bug eye lights were added to the Betas to meet the first round validation testing headlight spacing requirements. The integrated OEM headlamp assembly Arcimoto engineer’s specified for the production Arcimoto could have been tested on or off the FUV to verify they met the requirements before installing them into the Evergreen. The Arcimoto engineer’s know the exact requirements that need to be met before sending test vehicles to private testing facilities for validation.

Go To Post #1
Rick!