Someone on the Evergreen list was contacted for color
    Go To Post #1
Crickets still....
Lord their communication is awful!
    Go To Post #1
I’m hoping for something definitive tomorrow.
I’ve been disappointed in the past but hope springs eternal.......well, at least till Friday!
[+] 2 users Like Mendojen's post
    Go To Post #1
I don’t even remember how long ago we gave them $5k, and it’s not like I’m worried they aren’t going to deliver, but for $5k I should be getting regular updates.
Shoot I ordered a pair of Beckett Simonon made to order dress shoes for like $159 recently, which take about 3 months to make. Every two weeks or so I get a lengthy email update with photos of the stage they are at, details on the materials, and employees, etc. Total overkill, but seriously knocking customer service out of the park.
Compare that to the communications we get when we forked over $5,000! Night and Day!

*excuse my complaining, I truly think we are only 2-4 weeks till their first delivery, I am merely complaining at how shit the communication is.... END RANT Wink
[+] 2 users Like DanPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
...........RANT CONTINUES where you left off...................oh I kid! The week isn’t over yet. Smile

Note: It’s unlike me to purchase a vehicle without kicking it’s actual tires, looking it over for obvious imperfections, taking it for a spin, making a lowball offer, make payment prior to delivery, or purchase a first year production model vehicle. What the heck happened!

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
(06-07-2019, 02:52 AM)Rickb Wrote: ...........RANT CONTINUES where you left off...................oh I kid! The week isn’t over yet. Smile

Note: It’s unlike me to purchase a vehicle without kicking it’s actual tires, looking it over for obvious imperfections, taking it for a spin, making a lowball offer, make payment prior to delivery, or purchase a first year production model vehicle. What the heck happened!
We’re crazy 😜
[+] 1 user Likes harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
LOL! The only logical explanation.

Go To Post #1
I suspect part of the communication issue is anchored to the fact that they are a public company.  With the fact that everyone posts every communication they get, forward looking commitments that get released can be construed as manipulating the market.  It seems like they are in the final throes of the production start, and they probably have a few start/stop issues resulting in a few reach outs, then silence.  This isn't unusual for a public company.  They have to be careful about appearing to manipulating the market.  A production start will result in a bump in the stock.

Conversely (and maybe ironically), if they were a private company, they could say anything they wanted, and have a rich dialog with the people waiting delivery.  

I am at the bottom of the Evergreen list and keen as everyone to see them get this underway.  But i don't expect to hear a peep until they literally fire up the line, or maybe pull the first one off...

Cheers,
Stephen
[+] 2 users Like FlipPNW's post
    Go To Post #1
Stephen, That’s excellent insight and I’m likely closer to the bottom of the list than you, but happy to be on the list. Smile I think a public company can legally make announcements providing they are factual, with follow through, and no FLS waiver attachments. I look forward to Mark’s start of production announcement standing next to the first Retail Evergreen to roll off the assembly line. Frankly, I thought this was it:

[Image: F9054-F64-F888-4-C57-8526-27-E68-DF3-F9-DB.jpg]

Go To Post #1
(06-07-2019, 02:52 AM)Rickb Wrote: Note:  It’s unlike me to purchase a vehicle without kicking it’s actual tires, looking it over for obvious imperfections, taking it for a spin, making a lowball offer, make payment prior to delivery, or purchase a first year production model vehicle.  What the heck happened!

Hell, I bought one of the second-gen Prius when they were still *REALLY* new. I went to a bunch of dealerships, got to test drive, loved it. Asked about buying "our wait list is about five to seven months at the moment, depending on color and option package."

Found the one dealership in town that had a pure "first come, first serve" model (although they did charge a markup over MSRP.) You'd tell them the colors and option packages you were interested in. When they got a shipment, each salesperson called everyone on their list - whoever got their first got it.  At the time, I was running a small business doing on-site services, so I was driving all over town all day. I had my scheduling person schedule me for appointments in the part of town that dealer was in, with longer-than-usual breaks between appointments.  Yup - got the call when I was about a mile away between appointments. Got there in no time flat.  

They had two that met our requirements. I walked up to the building, saw one out front, the sales guy met me. I asked "Where's the green one?" He scoffed and pointed to the one out front "This is the Tideland Pearl." (Yes, I had to just look up the name of the color just now.) In the brochure it had looked a mid-tone, almost mint green. In real life, it was what I call "gunmetal gray." A darker gray with only the slightest hint of green to it. It had the higher option package we were interested in. The other one that matched our requirements was blue ("Seaside Pearl") with the lower option package we would accept. We picked that one. The "green" one sold while we were signing the papers. 

While other dealerships had multi-month waits, it took us less than one week from deciding "we'll get a Prius" to driving it home.

I also decided then that we wouldn't buy another gas vehicle. Which was quite the commitment in 2004, when there were zero "consumer EVs" on the market. The EV1s were being crushed, the RAV4 EV and Ranger EV had both ceased production. Even the Tesla Roadster was still a few years away. We kinda-sorta lived up to that. Two years later, we inherited my mother-in-law's late '90s Subaru Forester, which we used to replace our other two vehicles - a compact hatchback and a full-size SUV. We figured while the Forester didn't get as good mileage as the compact, it was more convenient as a 4-door, and far safer; and got WAY better mileage than the SUV, while only being slightly less "utility." Then a couple years ago we bought an old used diesel pickup and a pickup camper - we had a major multi-week trip coming up, and buying the truck+camper plus campground charges was cheaper than staying in a hotel room for the same period where we were going. Last one was the purchase of a BMW i3 last year to replace the Prius.  Almost meets my "no gas" requirement - as it is the Range Extender model. Although in a year, we've only used the REx a handful of times. The last time was a month ago - done solely to use up the gas in the tank since it was 6 months old at that point. The road trip I used up the gas on could have been done on pure-EV with one charging stop no problem.

Ironically, (to bring it full circle) I would have lived up to my "next vehicle EV" commitment if Arcimoto had delivered on their original timetable; as my pickup and my i3 were both bought multiple years after making my Arcimoto reservation.
    Go To Post #1
Our 1997 Subaru was supposed to be our last gas car. I considered a Prius but decided against it due to added complications/parts of a gas engine plus electric motor, along with costing more and not penciling out for savings. We ended up getting another Sub in 2017, and that might not have been a bad decision as both all electric car sticker prices and charging stations are still not where I want them to be. I think the Arcimoto is a great “dip your toes into the water” vehicle - AKA gateway EV.