Testing update
    Go To Post #1
Only time will tell how long the paperwork takes. I don't know what sort of label of certification has to be attached to an FUV. Might be an etched metal plate rather than a sticker. Could be just a document you get a copy in your owner's manual for all I know. Mark did say that there would be an upcoming email/statement when production actually starts though, which indicates it has NOT started yet.
[+] 1 user Likes 4dthinker's post
    Go To Post #1
If all testing has been completed successfully then they probably could be building FUVs to completion, just not able to exit the factory (ship) until final documentation has been approved. Hopefully we will hear from Mark shortly.
    Go To Post #1
I was told that as soon as certification validation testing is successfully completed, Arcimoto engineer’s can release the certification tags. The tag on the FUV will likely be similar to the tag on the EMV SOLO and it is required to register and license the vehicle as a motorcycle in all States and likely required to insure the vehicle since it includes the VIN#.
[Image: C6-B8-E803-4-C56-494-C-95-AD-4-C94-ADA4-EFA5.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
My guess is 1-2 months to work through the certification process (paperwork). I’m basing this on the guess that they have no people with experience in working with the NHTSA. They are borrowing the Elio guy to do state by state changes for allowing the Arcimoto owners to drive without helmet or special endorsement. It seems that isn’t really making lots of change.
    Go To Post #1
Frankly, we shouldn’t have to speculate.

The Elio guy is working with the State’s politicians regarding required FUV’s MC endorsement/helmet exemption legislation. Arcimoto’s Engineering Team knows exactly what NHTSA requires......simply by reading the NHTSA Requirements For Motorcycle Manufacturer’s Manual.

Go To Post #1
At least the state of KS doesn't require a helmet if you're 18+ years old to ride a motorcycle.
[+] 1 user Likes 4dthinker's post
    Go To Post #1
(09-04-2019, 04:08 PM)Rickb Wrote: I was told that as soon as certification validation testing is successfully completed, Arcimoto engineer’s can release the certification tags.  The tag on the FUV will likely be similar to the tag on the EMV SOLO and it is required to register and license the vehicle as a motorcycle in all States and likely required to insure the vehicle since it includes the VIN#.
[Image: C6-B8-E803-4-C56-494-C-95-AD-4-C94-ADA4-EFA5.jpg]

That's "successfully completed, submitted and approved" Rick. Not just "successfully completed".
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post
    Go To Post #1
(09-07-2019, 05:35 AM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: That's "successfully completed, submitted and approved" Rick. Not just "successfully completed".

Yup. And therein lies the rub (or potential delays).
    Go To Post #1
I was told what I was told before I placed my Evergreen Edition order. I don’t think there’s much potential for additional rub following successful completion. The assembly line team could continue assembling FUV’s, eliminate the disassembly process that’s been going on for a few months, inventory those retail ready Evergreens, attach the tags immediately following whatever Arcimoto’s Regulatory Compliance Team is required to do to release them, and deliver buttloads of vehicles.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
I wonder if they might milk the whole "gathering all the results to submit for certification" process a bit to buy themselves time to finish the doors, based on what we saw on the white one a few weeks back I'd be ok with that. But it would probably no go over well if they announced that the doors are causing the delay.
Who knows.