Stock price
    Go To Post #1
I haven't seen it on good morning America, ABC news or anything like that yet. It's like, only sci Fi fans know about it. Once production catches up to the preorders and just a few good news reports it should sell like hot cakes. But not for 20k. I hope Arcimoto actually sells one for 11k. I'd like to buy one for a family member, not just myself. I don't want her to buy another used car I have to fix all the time. 😭
    Go To Post #1
They will sell cheaper, just as Tesla did.
    Go To Post #1
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bizjour...g.amp.html

Good price though
    Go To Post #1
I’ve asked on occasion what the scaled production ramp number needs to be to purchase supplier parts in volume to offer the targeted $11,900 FUV. No answer from the people who have put pencil to paper (?) regarding profitability. Frankly, the 4000 current reservation units should be adequate for volume discount purchasing power, but building one or two a day certainly doesn’t make it possible. Perhaps 2020 will be the year of the FUV.

Note: Mark’s FUV is the Flagship FUV NOT the Evergreen Edition. The $11,900 targeted (or $15K for that matter)base model should be the current Evergreen Edition painted (5 most popular colors), not vinyl color accent, with optional cost half or full doors. Offer 2 additional model options: a long range FUV and a fully Custom Shop FUV. It would streamline production and lower manufacturing cost rather than customizing every single order. Tesla Motors business model. IMO

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
(10-06-2019, 05:22 PM)Rickb Wrote: I’ve asked on occasion what the scaled production ramp number needs to be to purchase supplier parts in volume to offer the targeted $11,900 FUV.  No answer from the people who have put pencil to paper (?) regarding profitability.  Frankly, the 4000 current reservation units should be adequate for volume discount purchasing power, but building one or two a day certainly doesn’t make it possible.  Perhaps 2020 will be the year of the FUV.  

Note:  Mark’s FUV is the Flagship FUV NOT the Evergreen Edition.  The $11,900 targeted (or $15K for that matter)base model should be the current Evergreen Edition painted (5 most popular colors), not vinyl color accent, with optional cost half or full doors.  Offer 2 additional model options: a long range FUV and a fully Custom Shop FUV.  It would streamline production and lower manufacturing cost rather than  customizing every single order.  Tesla Motors business model. IMO
The painting is $2000 for 1 color and $3500 for 2 or more. I don’t think that’s feasible.
    Go To Post #1
Feasible if paint was the FUV standard. Like anything else, if all FUV’s were factory painted or body panels painted by the fabricator and shipped to the AMP for assembly, the painting cost would drop significantly from the overpriced $2K custom shop paint. I don’t like the vinyl (it looks cheap on a ‘Flagship’ vehicle; likely wear prematurely) and I’m not willing to pay an addional $2K, but will enjoy the ride regardless. I realize it’s not going to happen, unless there are issues with the vinyl over after a couple years of production.

Go To Post #1
(10-07-2019, 06:22 AM)Rickb Wrote: Feasible if paint was the FUV standard.  Like anything else, if all FUV’s were factory painted or body panels painted by the fabricator and shipped to the AMP for assembly, the painting cost would drop significantly from the overpriced $2K custom shop paint.  I don’t like the vinyl (it looks cheap on a ‘Flagship’ vehicle; likely wear prematurely) and I’m not willing to pay an addional $2K, but will enjoy the ride regardless.  I realize it’s not going to happen, unless there are issues with the vinyl over after a couple years of production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1eM1AtuUKA&list=PLaRuYYPxjXI0jYx_x10bXagUgmKXi7bSI&index=14&t=0s
[+] 1 user Likes harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
Custom shop painting individual vehicles expensive. OEM factory plastic painting line more affordable:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/oem-plast...dad-ahmadi

Go To Post #1
$2k for new un-assembled body parts seams a bit over priced because there is no disassembly or masking involved, just prep and paint.
[+] 1 user Likes ricschug's post
    Go To Post #1
ricschug, I agree. I don’t know Arcimoto’s custom shop painting process. Are they assembled, sent over to the custom paint shop or are the body panels painted at the Custom Shop prior to assembly, which seems most logical.

My point was that it would be by far cheaper to purchase painted body panels (five most popular colors) from the body panel manufacturer. Frankly, the base Black & Silver Colors obviously wouldn’t need to be painted so it’s 3 colors Red, White, & Blue! Seems patriotic. Smile Custom colors could still be an option for the owners that could care less about affordability.