Fuv is a better transport
    Go To Post #1
SparkE, You need to test drive both to make the performance, handling, and fun comparison. Bolt and Tesla owners may purchase the FUV as a supplement to their primary Evehicles for around town commutes. It’s not an either or scenario. Also, FUV should become more affordable ($11,900 target) as production scales. If they can scale production fast enough during their cash burn initial production rollout period.

Go To Post #1
Look how he is struggling with her in the way of that rifle. It's way easier shoot from the back of an FUV. Arcimoto didn't miss any boats, the Spark owners jumped the gun and Arcimoto undercut them all by removing a wheel and the steering wheel.

It looks hard on the back to remove Sparks tires. Ball joint repairs.
    Go To Post #1
Don't understand why ppl sign up to the FUV forum only to put it down and point out a used EV is cheaper and and better. Well same can be said for motorcycles, and yet ppl pay bug $ for them.
It's a different form of transport, if every one liked the same thing the world would be very boring.

Also as with Tesla's when they first came out they were very expensive, when Arcimoto can deliver the $11k version it'll be amazing (full doors a must in northern climates) but for that to happen they have to ramp up their production.

Currently I have 2 cars in my garage, 1 is a long range EV and the other is still a fart mobile, hoping to change that soon. There is no reason for an average family to have 2 full cars that are long range. As long as the second vehicle has enough range to do your daily commute, most ppl that still drive a fossil still don't understand that! every day you get up and your EV has full range again.

From a delivery business point of view, even the $20k version is a steal!
Electricity will cost pennies vs dollars, almost zero maintenance, squeeze through traffic !
For a pizza delivery what you pay for gas in a conventional fart mobile, will be the loan payment for FUV.

Can't wait to test drive it!

PS: I'm assuming that once there are full doors the higher speed will get much better millage as the aerodynamics should be much better.
    Go To Post #1
(02-23-2020, 03:01 AM)speedbump Wrote: Don't understand why ppl sign up to the FUV forum only to put it down and point out a used EV is cheaper and and better.  Well same can be said for motorcycles, and yet ppl pay bug $ for them.  
It's a different form of transport, if every one liked the same thing the world would be very boring.

Also as with Tesla's when they first came out they were very expensive, when Arcimoto can deliver the $11k version it'll be amazing (full doors a must in northern climates) but for that to happen they have to ramp up their production.

Currently I have 2 cars in my garage, 1 is a long range EV and the other is still a fart mobile, hoping to change that soon.  There is no reason for an average family to have 2 full cars that are long range.  As long as the second vehicle has enough range to do your daily commute, most ppl that still drive a fossil still don't understand that! every day you get up and your EV has full range again.

From a delivery business point of view, even the $20k version is a steal!  
Electricity will cost pennies vs dollars, almost zero maintenance, squeeze through traffic !
For a pizza delivery what you pay for gas in a conventional fart mobile, will be the loan payment for FUV.

Can't wait to test drive it!

PS: I'm assuming that once there are full doors the higher speed will get much better millage as the aerodynamics should be much better.
I don’t think full doors will get as much improvement in mileage at high speeds as you hope for. It is super tall (5’5”) and has the wheel sticking out from the body. The styling is not aerodynamic at all.
    Go To Post #1
Sadly, have to agree. I imagine full doors will add a bit of range at freeway speed, but not significantly better. Figure the 55 MPH will go from ~60 miles to ~70 miles, and the 70 MPH will go from ~35 miles to ~40 miles.
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
(02-24-2020, 09:53 PM)CharonPDX Wrote: Sadly, have to agree. I imagine full doors will add a bit of range at freeway speed, but not significantly better. Figure the 55 MPH will go from ~60 miles to ~70 miles, and the 70 MPH will go from ~35 miles to ~40 miles.

It will be more than that, the first passenger is protected by the windscreen, the seconds passenger seat along with the back of the FUV act as a parachute.  By putting a full door the aerodynamics will be drastically improved.

However the FUV's main purpose I believe is city carver, hence the lack of doors initially to simplify production.
[+] 2 users Like speedbump's post
    Go To Post #1
I will be happy to consider (after a test drive) the $11k FUV model. I just wasn't willing to wait 2 or 3 years before getting an EV. It will probably replace my Spark EV in several years ... after I buy a 250+ mile range EV with a fast charge that is actually FAST. Only Tesla (and *very* expensive niche electrics like Porche or Audi) can charge fast enough for long trips these days (in a reasonable amount of time). I want a long-range that will charge AT LEAST at 120 kW, for 15 min stops to add ~100 miles per stop. I'm still waiting. Maybe Volkswagen will have something soon.

I think I am .... peeved at all the delays by *all* the small start-ups : Arcimoto is better than most. Sondors has become a joke, as have Electra Meccanica, Ampere Motors, etc. Arcimoto is the only company that has really delivered in (some) quantity. I also hate to be a beta tester, i'll wait for the finished product (hopefully with a cooling/heating system for the battery pack).
    Go To Post #1
Same here. I'm waiting for the 11k. Covid19 really slowed things down.
    Go To Post #1
I found that we sometimes make a lot of short trips in a day, especially since my husband is now home but ends up going into work for projects and whatnot. Three times today so far and all destinations are under 4 miles away. Getting in the car, starting it up with a direct injection engine, only to drive 1 mile mile is ridiculous. With the Arcimoto you get in, wait for the ebrake, and off you go with much less guilt. He normally walks but it had been multiple times today already and it’s raining. What is amazing is that the spouse is a bit of a curmudgeon and thinks the Arcimoto is a toy. Yet there he is, willing to get in the thing for his short trips. We are borrowing Goldie and will be saying goodbye to her on Saturday 😢