Battery factory custom
    Go To Post #1
The 100 mile range for an urban commuter meets the vast majority needs. The 100+ mile round trip commuter’s problem could be resolved if they have access to charge at work for their commute home.

Go To Post #1
(12-17-2019, 06:28 PM)CharonPDX Wrote: Like with any EV, trying to go 'the exact range' is troublesome.  Sure, if your commute is in perfectly flat "city streets" with a maximum speed limit of 35 MPH and regular stops allowing for regenerative braking, in 68 degree clear weather, you could do 50 miles each way.

Hilly interstate freeway in sub-freezing temperatures? You'll be lucky to get 40 miles *TOTAL*.

Exactly.  Even with perfect weather and road conditions, Arcimoto indicates in their FAQs that traveling at highway speeds reduce's the FUV's range.   

"The FUV Evergreen’s top speed is 75 mph, with a range of 100 miles under average conditions. Driving at a high speed for an extended period will affect the range."

Now if your highway travel consists of a lot of stop and go, you might be able to better the range performance.  Clearly the regen braking is one of the key factors in achieving the 100 mi range.  The AM website does indicate as they grow they plan on offering (down the road) both a shorter and longer range battery options.
    Go To Post #1
Arcimoto Performance Specs:
[Image: EE1362-D3-BDEB-478-E-B3-E7-DEEEEC6-D5064.jpg]

Go To Post #1
Goldie II performance data:

[Image: Goldie-II-performance-Data.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
From my experience using % charged  is only a rough parameter. It drops faster at the bottom of the % on the vehicles I have used it on FUV and Leaf.  The big thing is how many KWH were used. I record KWH put into vehicle from my EVSE and get an accurate  Miles/KWH (which is how I use to do our ICE when filling it.)..   This includes the wasted % from the charger
    Go To Post #1
(12-18-2019, 04:08 AM)PAX Wrote: ... I record KWH put into vehicle from my EVSE and get an accurate  Miles/KWH (which is how I use to do our ICE when filling it.)...

That's a popular (and relatable) method when trying to measure or gauge the energy efficiency of a vehicle.  For an ICE we're used to measuring the miles traveled per gallon of gas used (MPG).  For a BEV, simply replace the energy source (gas) with electricity measured in kWh - miles traveled per kWh of electricity used (Mi/kWh).

https://www.inchcalculator.com/convert/m...watt-hour/
[+] 1 user Likes EyeOnFUV's post
    Go To Post #1
(12-17-2019, 11:30 PM)CreativeGuy Wrote: Goldie II performance data:

[Image: Goldie-II-performance-Data.jpg]

CreativeGuy, this is great info. More data like this and we all can get a good idea of the  'real' range of the Evergreens. I'm beginning to understand why all the concern folks have on range range . 100mi doesn't look very achievable base on this  data set. A quick crude calculation says that even if one uses 100% of the charge you would only get about 75mi of range. Of course this is a very small data set.
Thanks for posting this.
    Go To Post #1
I'm saying they need to section off a part of the factory for battery manufacturing. Stack the battery's and pump more antifreeze through it. Mark is probably looking at all these things but battery manufacturing in house would be ideal.

You can't compete with Tesla or Google self driving but you can out rang them by making it longer and more "weird" looking.
    Go To Post #1
The batteries are not cooled at all. They are sitting in goo. At this point it needs a heater more than a cooling system. The antifreeze, pump, and radiator is only used to keep the computer for the battery management system cool.
    Go To Post #1
Ok, I'm not looking at the fuv as a side vehicle. I look at it as a Tesla competition. Just like how Elon tricked the manufacturing of its pickup expense, Arcimoto has done it by going 3 wheel. It has a huge mechanical advantage that needs to dig in hard to flop all 4 wheel vehicles. Don't be so complacent with a short range when it has the opportunity to replace 4 wheels altogether.