Battery factory custom
    Go To Post #1
The Arci is not replacing the Tesla, but rather will be a supplement to the family Tesla Model S,3,X,Y.  IMO

[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
The FUV is simply too little, too late (IMO) to "take over" anything. Had it been out 2.5 years ago, it would have been "it" (there weren't many EVs over 85 miles available, and selling the FUV for $20K instead of $35K would have been a no-brainer.

I am afraid that the FUV suffered from "perfect is the enemy of 'good enough' ". It is great, but it isn't going to take the EV world by storm, as it could have 2-3 years ago. Now, its in the 3 wheeler niche market.
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
As an affordable three wheeler urban commuter EV, the FUV has the same chances of taking the world by storm as it had 10+ years ago or 2-3 years ago. The 4000+ reservation numbers have climbed, early reservationists are still eagerly awaiting delivery, and the earliest reservationists that have taken delivery are providing rave reviews. If you test drive the FUV, the FUV meets your needs as a supplement to your family car, and budget you will buy likely buy a FUV. The next 1-2 years will determine the acceptance of a three wheeler commuter electric motorcycle by the masses. Think big, Drive small, have Fun...........It’s never too late! Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
I think the FUV could definitely be an only vehicle for younger people currently forgoing owning a car at all. Many younger people don’t even have a license. And many younger people don’t have kids. I also see this as car sharing between a small group of people in a way that is not seen yet. Like a cross between flex cars and neighborhood video sharing group.
    Go To Post #1
Yes exactly sparkE. I believe as all battery tech climbs with time people will realize that the Fun utility vehicle, is more fun than self driving. But I seen on the "hypercharge" YouTube channel, a Tesla parallel parking. It had me on the fence believing of a driverless future. The way it parked.. but would that future kill many little cats and squash things or halt before not wanting to drive over an empty bag.. which will annoy the passengers. With time Tesla believes it can master sight. Plus with 5g zero latency soon apon us if can be convincing. Arcimoto has to battle the robots on market share by 3 wheel advantage
    Go To Post #1
I was specifically referring to the EV marketplace, where the FUV is just too late to "take over" anything. There are now new vehicles with ranges of 150-300 miles (and more on the way) for $30K - $40K.

2-3 years ago, you had to shell out over $60K for a Tesla to get that range, everything else was 65-120 miles of range - for approximately $30K. So a FUV for $13K (or $15K) would have sold like gangbusters. I love the FUV, and I was ready to buy one - two years ago (the orig gen 8). But I got tired of waiting.

Today, you can very easily find a used EV with 70-120 miles of range for under $12K. I did (I paid a tad over $8K for an EV with only 12K miles on it). Fiat500e, Spark EV, Nissan LEAF, VW e-golf, KIA Soul EV, Hyundai Ionic, ... They are out there, they seat 4 (or more), are 100% electric, no waiting, and you don't even have to pay extra for doors!! For somebody whose #1 motivator was "electric" (like me), the FUV missed the boat.

So now the FUV is the darling of a smaller niche market : the 3-wheeler crowd. Or "sports enthusiasts". Or lovers of the different purely for different's sake. Which is fine. But 2 years ago they had 10s of thousands (or maybe hundreds) who would have jumped at a FUV as a second "urban" vehicle - or a mid-range commuter - when there wasn't the current multitude of used, low-mileage EVs flooding the market.

I'll continue to check the FUV (and the Solo) after it/they go to full production mode, and (based on reviews and postings about comfort, ride, durability of battery, stability, etc from hundreds or thousands of owners) will decide whether to buy one or not. I do really like the FUV - I just got tired of waiting.

Oh, and the EV that I bought (and have been driving for almost a year now) has 400 lb feet of torque, from 0 mph. It also has a heated battery for cold climes, and a coolant system for the battery for hot climes. It also seems to have a longer range than the FUV (both on the freeway and in town), yet with a smaller battery capacity, based on anecdotal evidence posted on this forum. And I'm driving it now. Maybe I'll buy a used FUV in 4 or 5 years, and drop in replacement "4th gen" batteries for 200 miles of range. Wink
    Go To Post #1
At some point you will likely be able to get a used Evergreen for half price, too. Ours will cost $14,900 after rebates. If you don’t have money there is a big difference between a used $12k EV and a used $7k Evergreen. Startups take time. Just look at Tesla.
    Go To Post #1
Ok sparkE. I'm looking at it as an investor stand point more than an owner, driver. When the water rises all boats will float. Sooner or later the Arcimoto range will be 300. Once that happens the general public will have the option to buy an Arcimoto over any other 4 wheeler at a cheaper price. The orders will skyrocket. No one will want to taxi in a stinky Tesla self driver that drives like a student driver. Only drunks at 2am closing time.
    Go To Post #1
The FUV has the advantage of being one of the first three wheelers on the market and market acceptance has to be proven. The good sign for success is people like it when they drive it. The more EV/ICE choices on the market the better. If consumers were looking solely at price/affordability/function we would all be driving VW Beetles. The only other EV I have interest in is the Tesla Model X and it is out of my price range. So, still waiting on my FUV delivery and perhaps the cheaper Tesla Model Y as my AWD, climate controlled, range extender. Drive what You LIKE, LIKE what you drive........EV or ICE.........that fits your budget............... new or used. My personal issue/concern when it comes to waiting for anything is my old age, and oddly I chose to wait on the December delivery of my Evergreen. HAPPY HOLIDAYS and enjoy your rides in the New Year!

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
(12-21-2019, 02:50 PM)harriska2 Wrote: At some point you will likely be able to get a used Evergreen for half price, too. Ours will cost $14,900 after rebates. If you don’t have money there is a big difference between a used $12k EV and a used $7k Evergreen. Startups take time. Just look at Tesla.

- I paid $8K for my EV, not $12K (and there are a LOT of $8-9K EVs).

- Half price of an Evergreen would be closer to $10K

- I have my car NOW (and have had it for a year)

Several people seem to think I am knocking the FUV. That wasn't my intention - I think it's a great vehicle. However, I was replying to the "I'm not looking at the fuv as a side vehicle. I look at it as a Tesla competition" comment (in the post one or two before mine). It is one of the players in the EV marketplace, and I believe that it *could have* had a dominant role if introduced 2 years ago. At this point, it is playing to a niche market.

And the FUV is in no way Tesla competition.
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post