Signature Series Numbers
    Go To Post #1
(01-02-2018, 07:43 AM)paravil Wrote: As the development of the SRK and the Solo have reached a point where very little in the way of change can be expected, I suggest that the next time we meet will be when the next offering appears. Hopefully one that is more to my liking!

I sincerely doubt it will be more to your liking. You are looking for some magical chariot that does not exist. Any intelligent manufacturer will strive to build a vehicle that appeals to the widest possible range of potential buyers - not just you. There's a good reason (several, probably) why your magical leaning trike is not on the market already and why nobody has a fleet of working road-legal near-production vehicles of this mythical leaning chariot and is offering test drives to journalists & civilians. You might as well hold out for a Moller Skycar or Elio.
    Go To Post #1
(01-02-2018, 07:43 AM)paravil Wrote: Maybe the difference between a critical evaluation and `trolling´ would need to be clarified. If uncritical devotion is all that can be tolerated, I´m sure you´re right. You prefer to be amongst yourselves and (very like the Taliban) a divergent outlook should then be banned. I have noticed this in all the bygone small vehicle websites. But, then again, neither the vehicles nor the websites still exist!

As the development of the SRK and the Solo have reached a point where very little in the way of change can be expected, I suggest that the next time we meet will be when the next offering appears. Hopefully one that is more to my liking!

Patrick, you are not a Troll, but perhaps provide overly critical evaluation of a vehicle you wouldn't buy.  I was called a Troll on ElioOwner's a few times perhaps because I was being overly critical of the lack progress on a vehicle I actually wanted to purchase.  I appreciate a variety of balanced viewpoints based on tangible evidence.......not assumption of what may or may not happen.  Arcimoto has followed through with their plans to date.......no reason to doubt their statements on enclosure panels and production schedules.  Very credible from my viewpoint after 10 years of following their progress. 

What I like most about this particular Forum is that Dale tolerates and encourages a variety of views, even though the most critical can become annoying to some members.  Old posts fade away over time and the latest news updates of tangible progress prevails and member views are proven right or wrong.

Go To Post #1
(01-02-2018, 06:52 PM)Rickb Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 07:43 AM)paravil Wrote: Maybe the difference between a critical evaluation and `trolling´ would need to be clarified. If uncritical devotion is all that can be tolerated, I´m sure you´re right. You prefer to be amongst yourselves and (very like the Taliban) a divergent outlook should then be banned. I have noticed this in all the bygone small vehicle websites. But, then again, neither the vehicles nor the websites still exist!

As the development of the SRK and the Solo have reached a point where very little in the way of change can be expected, I suggest that the next time we meet will be when the next offering appears. Hopefully one that is more to my liking!

Patrick, you are not a Troll, but perhaps provide overly critical evaluation of a vehicle you wouldn't buy.  I was called a Troll on ElioOwner's a few times perhaps because I was being overly critical of the lack progress on a vehicle I actually wanted to purchase.  I appreciate a variety of balanced viewpoints based on tangible evidence.......not assumption of what may or may not happen.  Arcimoto has followed through with their plans to date.......no reason to doubt their statements on enclosure panels and production schedules.  Very credible from my viewpoint after 10 years of following their progress. 

What I like most about this particular Forum is that Dale tolerates and encourages a variety of views, even though the most critical can become annoying to some members.  Old posts fade away over time and the latest news updates of tangible progress prevails and member views are proven right or wrong.

I don't care who likes the FUV and who does not. I don't care if Arcimoto saves the planet or not. I even don't care if they become General Motors or just stay a small company that has it's own following. I do care that I get one soon. I like so much about this vehicle and really like the people of the company. The FUV won't replace all my vehicles but it will be a blast for me to drive and that's what I care about. Oh yeah, I bet they sell a bunch more when I park it out front of where I work every day.
    Go To Post #1
Luckylu, I thought you cared that I liked and got a FUV! Sad

Go To Post #1
(12-30-2017, 05:07 PM)paravil Wrote:  European countries are often no larger than individual states in the US.

That statement doesn't mean much. Texas (NOT the largest state) is larger than every country totally within Europe (including the Ukraine). Delaware (NOT the smallest state) is significantly smaller than Belgium, Switzerland, and the Netherlands - even smaller than Cyprus (although it is larger than Luxembourg, but that isn't saying much).

U.S. states vary in size, just as European countries do. As an example, Spain (NOT the  largest European country)  is over 15x the size of Belgium (NOT the smallest European country).
    Go To Post #1
I care who likes the FUV.  I hope a lot of people do.  Skepticism is an understandable reaction to something new, and as a designer, I'm well aware of the difficulty of breaking conventions.  Arcimoto's perseverance should be lauded in the face of considerable challenges and I hope they succeed.  The FUV won't meet every need (what vehicle does), but the market seems ripe for the growing acceptance of alternative mobility vehicles.  With all the industry money being poured into EV and AV development, Arcimoto has carved out a tasty niche that just might gain more traction that some folks think.
    Go To Post #1
(01-02-2018, 11:47 PM)Rickb Wrote: Luckylu, I thought you cared that I liked and got a FUV! Sad

O.K. Your right but just you and me and that's it!
    Go To Post #1
(01-03-2018, 11:22 AM)luckylu Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 11:47 PM)Rickb Wrote: Luckylu, I thought you cared that I liked and got a FUV! Sad

O.K. Your right but just you and me and that's it!
Thanks. Smile  I laughed out loud!

Go To Post #1
Ya know, FUV *could* stand for "f**ked up vehicle" ....

I keyed, I keeeeeeeed. {In the voice of Triumph The Insult Comic Dog, of course!}

(That was a joke, folks)

Frankly, I can't wait for the SRKs to start rolling off the assembly line(s) in quantity. I hope to have an SRK for local travel, a 4-or-5 seater 100+ mile-range BEV for "the area" (and "for family" trips), and a 30+ mile-electric-range PHEV for real-short, as well as for long-distance travel (or when it rains and I leave the SRK in the garage).

Seriously folks, start making 100+ a week! (I *really* don't think they would have any problem selling 5200 a year for the next decade).
    Go To Post #1
Jimball, it is tiring to repreat endlessly that the technology necessary to maufacture a leaning, narrow vehicle exists and can be seen on the road (in Europe) on a daily basis. Scooters with this technology (tilting, two front wheels) are quite popular and all that is holding back the production of a fully enclosed vehicle is the present day international classification that limits the design to the existing, ludicrous three wheelers without an anclosure. Technical publications express the view that all attempts to change the international classification have been thwarted by the US auto industry with the argument that vehicles must remain stable while driving sideways along a steep incline! This is clearly designed to protect US SUV production.

I fully accept that you have every right to enjoy any new toy that you may choose. But please do not classify technology as "mythical" merely because it is (as yet) unknown in your neck of the woods.