Signature Series Numbers
    Go To Post #1
Does anyone know how many SS vehicles Arcimoto has to make before they move to the next phase of production? Thanks.
    Go To Post #1
I recall earlier in the year mention of not more than 5 Signature Series @ $43K. What I am certain about is the mention of the ANTICIPATED 50 Pilot FUVs to be delivered early in 2018 to kick off delivery of the remainder of the Reservationist FUVs. Mention that the BFL is being installed earlier than expected leads me to believe they are on or even ahead of schedule. Anticipated..........I've been anticipating delivery of a SRK turned FUV for nearly a decade. Smile

Go To Post #1
I believe the number is 6 Sig Series, followed by a number of betas measured in the dozens (the planned number of betas has varied over time) and then straight into production.

One signature series was delivered at the factory grand opening a week and a half ago and three others were under wraps in various stages of construction.
    Go To Post #1
Great, thanks. Approximately 6 SS, 50 test fleet, then production ramp up. Have a great Thanksgiving.
    Go To Post #1
(11-23-2017, 04:51 PM)Kepesk Wrote: I believe the number is 6 Sig Series, followed by a number of betas measured in the dozens (the planned number of betas has varied over time) and then straight into production.

One signature series was delivered at the factory grand opening a week and a half ago and three others were under wraps in various stages of construction.

Correct on 6 - I am number 6.. Mark said they are hoping to have the 6 done this year.. The first two are (were for #0- Marks) being built at old shop and the next 4 at new ware house/ production facility..  He did mention that they will under go testing. I am not sure what that means as far as delivery time - or in my case pick up time.. I would love to be a part of the testing- real life testing in Eugene by the owners, seems like it would be beneficial for Arcimoto.
    Go To Post #1
It would be of some interest to people outside the U.S. to know how the first, pre-production SRKs are registered. Will they be category L5e? Will they get a final, valid registration as road legal vehicles? Or will it be some form of preliminary registratiion (like I now have for one of my bikes - that cannot be transferred?
    Go To Post #1
(11-29-2017, 09:20 AM)paravil Wrote: It would be of some interest to people outside the U.S. to know how the first, pre-production SRKs are registered. Will they be category L5e? Will they get a final, valid registration as road legal vehicles? Or will it be some form of preliminary registratiion (like I now have for one of my bikes - that cannot be transferred?
It will register and license as a motorcycle in the U.S..  Arcimoto designed and engineered the FUV to meet the certification requirements, but have plans to do third party certification testing.

The FUV platform looks to EU L5e classify.  Is there something regarding Arcimoto's platform that makes you uncertain that it would fit the L5e category definition?  Is there similar EU L5e compliance testing and certification  procedures?

Go To Post #1
(11-29-2017, 09:20 AM)paravil Wrote: It would be of some interest to people outside the U.S. to know how the first, pre-production SRKs are registered. Will they be category L5e? Will they get a final, valid registration as road legal vehicles? Or will it be some form of preliminary registratiion (like I now have for one of my bikes - that cannot be transferred?

As I understand- The first one- Marks is already licensed and insured in Oregon. He said it was easy.
This doesn't answer about outside US though it is a step forward
    Go To Post #1
(11-29-2017, 06:16 PM)PAX Wrote:

As I understand- The first one- Marks is already licensed and insured in Oregon. He said it was easy.
My understanding is that a vehicle requires a VIN#, has to be compliance tested and certified to register and license as a Federal requirement.  Your assumption is the FUV has been compliance tested, certified and registers as a motorcycle in all 50 States?

Go To Post #1
(11-29-2017, 11:56 PM)Rickb Wrote:
(11-29-2017, 06:16 PM)PAX Wrote:

My understanding is that a vehicle requires a VIN#, has to be compliance tested and certified to register and license as a Federal requirement.  Your assumption is the FUV has been compliance tested, certified and registers as a motorcycle in all 50 States?

I know nothing about compliance etc. I am just passing on what I was told by Mark in an e-mail.