Battery Upgrade price
    Go To Post #1
Any conjecture on the price of the battery upgrade?  The 70 mile range does not leave much breathing room on my 60 mile daily round trip.
    Go To Post #1
Welcome Sniffy, I asked the question on the Arcimoto Facebook page. I'll post if they reply. Do you have the option to plug in at work?

Go To Post #1
(05-20-2017, 02:13 AM)Rickb Wrote: Welcome Sniffy,  I asked the question on the Arcimoto Facebook page. I'll post if they reply.  Do you have the option to plug in at work?

Thanks, Rick!  I hadn't thought of the charging at work option.  Our parking lot has half a dozen charging stations.  Of about 300 or so cars, folks have been going electric at the rate of about one every two months.  The are Several Tesla's, a half dozen Nissan leafs, and a couple of BMW i3s.  Everyone is talking about the new Tesla Model 3.  I expect the garage will look very different in a year's time.
    Go To Post #1
Imagine what the work garage will look like in 10 years.

I've had a fascination with EVs for quite some time. I'm getting a garage stall or 2 ready for my first EV as well.

Go To Post #1
The A Team response:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
(05-23-2017, 04:58 PM)Rickb Wrote: The A Team response:

Thanks, Rick!  A bit stiff, but not too far from what I was expecting, which was around $2K.  I think a 70 mile range would actually be manageable for commuting, but the SRK seems like it would be a really fun vehicle to take on a day trip.  I'm 99% sure I'll spring for the beefed up battery, since it would extend the functionality of the trike more than the enclosed cabin would, in my opinion.
    Go To Post #1
I wonder what speed the specified ranges are based on? For me, 70 miles at mostly moderate speeds will be plenty for shopping and commuting. Local skiing and hiking are 15 miles round trip but there is a climb of 2000 feet. There are a few destinations of 48 to 116 miles round trip, at 80 mph. So I need to know a bit more about range as a function of speed and altitude gain before I decide which battery I want.
    Go To Post #1
How does speed affect battery life? My daily commute is 50 miles round trip, almost all at 60mph. 70 miles doesn't leave much breathing room, or does it leave any at all? Working at a government agency there is no chance of having a plug-in, everyone is too afraid that someone will feel like somebody is getting something unfairly paid for by the taxpayer. So I am limited to a need to be able to travel door to door.

John
    Go To Post #1
(10-28-2018, 08:08 PM)onebigelf Wrote: How does speed affect battery life?  My daily commute is 50 miles round trip, almost all at 60mph.  70 miles doesn't leave much breathing room, or does it leave any at all?  Working at a government agency there is no chance of having a plug-in, everyone is too afraid that someone will feel like somebody is getting something unfairly paid for by the taxpayer.  So I am limited to a need to be able to travel door to door.

John

Paying for a charge is not unreasonable and to be expected, so no freebies at taxpayer expense.  Commercial public charging stations are not free.  Approach your agency about the possibility of installing a couple.  Are there any other electric vehicle owners where you work?  If so, ask them about joining you to approach management.  A charging station in the employee parking lot or garage would benefit them as well.

this company is in the business of providing charging stations. (no endorsement - first one I found on Google) https://www.chargepoint.com/businesses/w...zEQAvD_BwE
    Go To Post #1
Speed does greatly affect range.   My understanding is that 35mph is probably the most optimal range/speed which in urban settings is right on target.  Hills are another factor.  Driving at 60 is of course no problem with the FUV. (I've had mine up to a hairs breath below 80)  I average around 35 miles per day , then I plug in so it's hard for me to judge what my total range at different speeds would be.

Cheers,
Steve