Drove the Electra Meccanica Solo yesterday…
Shocked      Go To Post #1
It was…… Not good.

While the vehicle *looks* great - interior and exterior, and it theoretically drives more like a car than the FUV, the actual driving experience is "bad bordering on dangerous."

It has very poor acceleration, it has *DANGEROUSLY* poor braking, cornering is "meh," and the ride is *ROUGH*.

I was expecting a much smoother car-like ride than the Arcimoto, but it's so much worse than the FUV. It's like a race-tuned Miata, but with none of the tight steering and pedal response of a race-tuned vehicle. You felt every tiny bump in the parking lot the drive was in; I can't imagine going over a speed bump or a pothole. 

It's *REALLY* low to the ground - and visibility is bad. I would NOT want to drive it in traffic.

Acceleration and braking are so bad that my "Progressive Snapshot" app (which I forgot to pause) didn't register any rapid acceleration or hard braking events, even though I floored it and slammed on brakes full-force multiple times.
    Go To Post #1
Interesting ... how did you score a test drive? Are they actually really (finally) delivering Solos (vs. taking pre-order money and only making "test models").
    Go To Post #1
They claim they have started full production, and deliveries are starting next month.

They had a test drive event in a local mall parking lot. Had six vehicles on site for it - one inside the mall at the signup location, one "display" near their awning next to the test drive "track", and four for test drives.
    Go To Post #1
(03-21-2021, 07:12 PM)CharonPDX Wrote: It has very poor acceleration, it has *DANGEROUSLY* poor braking

Thanks! I had been wondering about when I would be able to test drive a Solo, now I know I don't need to bother! It sounds like the Solo is more like those tiny EVs in Asia and Europe, just with a higher max speed to be freeway legal.

I already think the off the line limitation in my Evergreen FUV is annoying, I wouldn't want to experience that at higher speeds.