Selling my FUV hauling trailer
    Go To Post #1
When I first got Goldie I, I didn’t think I would be driving much in the winter and the only storage space at the time was my small shop.  So I bought this enclosed trailer to use mostly for storing the FUV when I needed my shop space.  I have since built the “GoldieGarage” and we are selling our vehicle that could tow the loaded trailer.
So I’m selling this customized trailer.  It’s smallest sized enclosed cargo trailer that can fit an FUV.  6’ X 10’ with a V front.  It is a tight squeeze but it works.  

My customization excludes 1/4” diamond tread, wheel chocks for the front tires and tie down chocks for the rear.  I also installed full length E-Tracks on both sidewalls which adds to the utility of the trailer.  I added internal guides to “center” the wheels when backing out. Also included is a spare.  The loaded tongue weight is around 400 lbs so it takes a good sized vehicle to tow this.  
Trailer has less than 1,000 miles on it.

$3,000.00 Firm.

Throw in another 23 grand and I’ll include a Deliverator with the only full doors (soft) in the entire Arcimoto fleet. Along with a bunch of other custom goodies. (Then I can buy a flatbed/box cargo version)

Here is a link to a video of loading the Arcimoto into the trailer.

https://youtu.be/xthI9N7jcUc

[Image: 39-ADBAE6-C8-C7-404-D-A0-B6-6-B6-C31-AEBCE5.jpg]

[Image: 8-D3-F9-CEA-C52-A-44-C6-A5-C5-33-FC85-F2-AEF6.jpg]

[Image: 39-AC9678-ECCD-4-FDB-A623-82604-F62-C192.jpg]
    Go To Post #1
*REALLY* tempted… What's the gross trailer weight with FUV in it? (AKA: Will our Tesla tow it?)
    Go To Post #1
This summer we are getting rid of one car. I need to decide what we will replace with it. The decision depends on when or whether I can get an FUV. I wrote to customer service again and got no reply. In the past they just keep saying I will eventually be able to get one, but no specifics. I am about to give up and scratch it off the list.
    Go To Post #1
I am beginning to think that Arcimoto is mainly an investment scam. Produce a whole lot of publicity and a few units and a and get a whole lot of investment. I wrote them again about when I might be able to get an FUV. Still no reply.

If nobody else can produce a really effficient EV, I can. It will take a few thousand dollars and a lot of time. It will be based on a recumbent trike, with pedal drive to the rear wheel and hub motors in the front wheels. It will have a roll bar and a solar panel on top for a sun/rain shade. Being classed as a bicycle will eliminate most of the red tape. I would even offer the plans for free because I care more about the environment than about money. But I am coming to think I am all alone in that.
    Go To Post #1
(07-08-2021, 03:21 PM)DanCooper Wrote: I am beginning to think that Arcimoto is mainly an investment scam. Produce a whole lot of publicity and  a few units and a and get a whole lot of investment. I wrote them again about when I might be able to get an FUV. Still no reply.

If nobody else can produce a really effficient EV, I can. It will take a few thousand dollars and a lot of time. It will be based on a recumbent trike, with pedal drive to the rear wheel and hub motors in the front wheels. It will have a roll bar and a solar panel on top for a sun/rain shade. Being classed as a bicycle will eliminate most of the red tape. I would even offer the plans for free because I care more about the environment than about money. But I am coming to think I am all alone in that.

Before you reinvent the (three)  wheel (yes, pun intended) ...

Take a look at these "Velomobiles"  :

ELF : ...  https://organictransit.com/.  (I'd get "Wasabi Green ... Wink

PEBL :   ...  https://www.better.bike/models

Pedalist : ... https://www.virtuecycles.com/products/pedalist

(There are others under development). 

Due to motor vehicle laws, in order to classify as "bikes", the max non-pedal speed is limited to (I think) around 20 mph, (but it probably varies by state). So that is fine for shopping, school, visiting friends (or getting to a pub-trans travel hub) in a (say) 3-6 mile radius around your house, but for longer trips it just isn't very practical (IMHO).

They also seem a bit expensive to me. Extruded , recycled (recyclable) plastic shell around a metal-tube frame with some gears and a 100-300W electric hub motor shouldn't cost $10K. If they were $3K-$5K, I'd consider buying one. Sondors is selling a (traditional, 2-wheel) electric bike with 500-750W motor, with a 840 Wh battery for $1300 -> $1800. (Sondors.com). Which is just fine for a 10-mile range IF it isn't raining and IF it is just you an IF you don't need to drag home 5 bags of groceries.

Personally, I think that the future of public transportation is (well, IMO, *should be* ) heading towards "fuzzy bus route" bus routes and schedules. The "base" route is published, but the bus / shuttle can vary by (say) a 1/4 mile, or maybe up to 3/4 mile from the base to pick up passengers. Passengers would either go to a traditional "bus stop (minimal fare) OR would use a "uber/lyft" -type app on their smart phone to schedule a pickup off (but close to) the "base route" : FOR AN INCREASED FEE.  Travelers would (might) be directed to walk a short distance (would take maybe 3-5 minutes) so that multiple passengers could be picked up with one stop. And spots on the bus (and pickup locations) can be reserved in advance AND the further in advance you "reserve" a spot on the bus, the cheaper it is.

So, with this new model, end points would be fixed. Maybe train or tramway transit nodes AND high-value destinations, such as work hubs, shopping malls, shopping areas, movie/restaurant nodes, etc.
    Go To Post #1
(07-08-2021, 03:21 PM)DanCooper Wrote: I am beginning to think that Arcimoto is mainly an investment scam. Produce a whole lot of publicity and  a few units and a and get a whole lot of investment. I wrote them again about when I might be able to get an FUV. Still no reply.

Except… They are producing vehicles, and aren't actively soliciting new investment. Not like some other EV makers out there.

Yes, they've had production difficulties - but they are in production and delivering. Once they resolve their production woes and increase production rate, things will get better.
    Go To Post #1
I am simply glad that I didn't wait and bought a (very) small used EV 2.5 years ago. I am still waiting for a $12K SRK , and am looking forward to test driving one, and hopefully buying one. It is the perfect vehicle for mid- Calif weather (SF Bay area).
    Go To Post #1
For test driving, you can just head over to GoCars.
    Go To Post #1
I'll wait to test drive a model I would plan on buying - a $12K model (well, 12K-ish, at least). I see no reason to test drive a model that isn't what I would want to buy.

However, it is impossible to find any reference to renting an FUV on the www.gocartours.com website (for SF). I remember when they announced a couple of years ago (with great fanfare) a partnership, but that seems to have disappeared.
    Go To Post #1
(07-14-2021, 04:41 AM)SparkE Wrote: I am simply glad that I didn't wait and bought a (very) small used EV 2.5 years ago. I am still waiting for a $12K SRK , and am looking forward to test driving one, and hopefully buying one. It is the perfect vehicle for mid- Calif weather (SF Bay area).

I bought a 2015 Nissan LEAF for $12k after rebates in 2015 and it served me well for commuting to work. However, I sold it to Autonation for $9k in 2018 when the white sticker wasn't going to be extended, and I started taking public transport (takes longer but at least I get to read a book or watch some shows). Then my work decided to move from a 5 minute walk from light rail to a 30 minute walk in 2019, so I put my deposit in for an Evergreen so I can use the carpool lane again. I got my Evergreen in 2020 and have only used it for picking up takeouts and groceries so far.

The 2021 FUV qualifies for $2.25k rebates in California so that makes it $15.65k for one right now. From https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2...ead-Rebate

Code:
In California, 2021 Arcimoto FUVs also qualify for the $750 California Clean Vehicle Rebate Program. Combined with the $1,500 California Clean Fuel Reward, Californians can now save up to $2,250 off a new FUV. The California Clean Fuel Reward is available to anyone who resides in California and purchases a new FUV from Arcimoto.com

I live in Fremont and work in Sunnyvale (I will be back in the office in 1.5 weeks unless the delta variant delays it some more). You are welcome to test drive mine.

(07-17-2021, 07:33 PM)SparkE Wrote: I'll wait to test drive a model I would plan on buying - a $12K model (well, 12K-ish, at least). I see no reason to test drive a model that isn't what I would want to buy.

The $12k model was projected to have a shorter range (around 60-80 miles city?), while the current FUV has 100 miles city. I always thought I would buy the extended range model and figured it would cost an extra $2k. So you can wait for $14k in a couple years if Arcimoto can scale production or get one for $15.65k in less than 90 days (who knows how long funding for the California programs will last).

My co-worker, who bought a 2015 LEAF the week after I did, leased a new LEAF to avoid driving in the "plebeian" lanes; he was complaining how half of the time was wasted because of the pandemic, and even worse, now the express lanes are asking for half toll for a CAV sticker.

(07-08-2021, 03:21 PM)DanCooper Wrote: I wrote them again about when I might be able to get an FUV. Still no reply.

This slow expansion (CA, OR, WA, and recently FL) has its benefits. As the FUVs get driven in real world situations, Arcimoto has found at least half a dozen issues that needed to be addressed with recalls. Arcimoto has been picking up customer vehicles, bringing them back to the factory to address the recalls, and dropping them back off to customers at no charge. If sales had expanded too quickly, the service side would be much more costly. Arcimoto also recently trained a mobile service technician for Portland and another for Southern California. Florida probably reached critical mass for a dedicated service technician because of Arcimoto Key West.

To get this thread back on topic, you could buy the OP's trailer + deliverator. Drive to Oregon with your tow vehicle and bring both back to Wyoming. Then the OP can buy a flatbed version. But you would have to get it back to Eugene for any recalls.