Lots of driving today, many fun interactions.
    Go To Post #1
Bought something off Craigslist. Drove my FUV. I always wear my Arcimoto baseball cap when I drive it. Pulled up to the seller's house, parked on the curb, walked up his steps to the front door, knocked. Seller opened the door, saw my hat - "Oh, hey, an Arcimoto fan! Do you have an order for one? I have stock in them!"

Step to my side, so he can see my FUV parked at the curb behind me "Well, actually…"

First time I've seen a grown man (late 50s, early 60s) "squee!" so hard. "Can I...?.?" 

"Yeah, you can go take a look." 

Spent a good 15 minutes discussing Arcimoto with him. :-D

Did a second Cragislist-purchase-run later, and this person didn't have quite the same reaction, but knew what it was, and absolutely wanted to take pictures and ask questions to convince his spouse to get one. :-D

Had 9-10 people ask me about it while stopped in traffic. Got "beeps of support", thumbs-up, or similar from another dozenish people. Including a guy in a Ferrari California with the top down.
    Go To Post #1
This is what I miss the most ever since my FUV stopped charging! No one bats an eye at my Mazda 5...

But I am "squee!"ing so hard at my flight on Thursday to PDX so I can attend the stockholder meeting on Friday and the FUV Rally on Saturday! My FUV is fixed, but I asked them to hold it at AMP for an extra week and a half so I can participate.
    Go To Post #1
Hrm… I hadn't even thought about attending the meeting in person. I don't have any morning meetings on Friday…. I wonder how early I'd have to leave to get to AMP in my FUV? (112 miles, I'd need a charge stop in the middle… Avoiding highways to make it only ONE charge stop would take 3 hours, plus an hour for charging……. Yeah, not leaving home at 5 AM.)

Especially since I have a flight of my own every early Saturday morning - can't spend all of Friday driving to/from Eugene.
    Go To Post #1
Yeah, that's why I jumped on this opportunity to visit AMP while my FUV is there anyway. I would have to drive 11+ charging stops in order to try to make it from California to Eugene, so I paid for Darby shipping when I bought it. The stars just aligned (with a little shove from me) that my FUV is there for the FUV Rally.
    Go To Post #1
Had a couple more good ones the past week. Went to Home Depot to pick up online orders twice - the first time, when I parked in the "online pickup" parking spot and filled out the web form to say I was there, it asked for my parking spot and color/make/model of vehicle. I put in "funny little tricycle". The clerk brought my order out, but the manager came out, too and had to see what the funny description was all about - asked a bunch of questions.

Stopped by to pick up remaining part of order today, just put "silver Arcimoto" in, and the clerk (different one) asked a bunch of questions. A van parked in the spot next to me (belonging to a plumbing company) and the driver knew what it was! "Hey, that's an Arcimoto, isn't it! I'm invested in them!" Also asked a bunch of questions. :-D
    Go To Post #1
[Image: Flag-of-Cascadia.jpg]

Salute to Cascadia !!

{{ Hmmm. The image didn't upload for some strange reason ... Let's try again? }}

( OK, site doesn't grok .png OR .svg file formats .... jpeg is the charm  )
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
Yep, that flag is the inspiration for my FUV's design. When full hard doors are available, I'll get the tree coming "up out of" the blue/white/green pinstripe on the rear doors.
[Image: FUV-Evergreen-Cascadia-15.jpg]

Cascadia Complete
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
Charon, have you ever read "Ecotopia"? You might find it interesting. Parts of it were not that well written, but many of the concepts were interesting. Amazingly, although written in 1975, many of the things mentioned (at the time "science fiction", or "really out there" concepts) have become mainstream. (And I wish that more of the concepts HAD become main stream).

I stumbled across it as a teenager, not long after it was written (1975). I remember that the edition that I read was published by "Berkeley Free Press", but it was later picked up and sold by a main stream publishing house. You can probably find it (cheap, used) on Amazon, OR since (based on PDX) you could probably go grab a coffee and browse the stacks at Powell's and probably find it. (man, I love that bookstore - worth the trip to Portland from SF just to meander thru all those floors full of books).

anyhow, author is Ernest Callenbach. Have fun reading! (What else is there to do these days!)