Backup Beep via MP3
    Go To Post #1
I decided that FUV Dave's truck beeper would be too loud for me. Instead, I decided to use an MP3 player hooked up to my factory bluetooth speakers with an aux cable. I had to remove the black glue that they filled the aux input port with, and I cannot have my phone paired to the bluetooth speakers (bluetooth overrides aux input). I finally installed it over the weekend along with my motorcycle dvr. I also needed to put a ground loop isolator in the aux cable to reduce noise.

I bought something very similar to smile.amazon.com/dp/B0983HGS37 (the exact one I bought last October is no longer listed on Amazon). It will auto play MP3s in a TF card to aux output upon power on.

I ran a cable from the backup light socket to the front to power a 12V socket. I also put it through a switch like FUV Dave's.

I took the backup sound from usa.nissannews.com/en-US/videos/video-91ee099994c923f1d9b2638880001d98-audio-reverse-pedestrian-warning-2020-nissan-leaf and made an MP3 file of it. If I get tired of it, I can always make a new MP3 as well.

Go To Post #1
(08-11-2021, 04:54 AM)Odi Wrote: I decided that FUV Dave's truck beeper would be too loud for me. Instead, I decided to use an MP3 player hooked up to my factory bluetooth speakers with an aux cable. I had to remove the black glue that they filled the aux input port with...

Wait, wait, wait...  There's an aux port hidden somewhere?  WHERE IS THIS?!??! </blink>

I just added an Apple CarPlay screen, which has an aux audio output, since it takes over Bluetooth audio from my phone, but I'd love to have that audio go to the speakers from the CarPlay screen.
    Go To Post #1
(10-25-2021, 11:20 PM)CharonPDX Wrote: Wait, wait, wait...  There's an aux port hidden somewhere?  WHERE IS THIS?!??! </blink>

I just added an Apple CarPlay screen, which has an aux audio output, since it takes over Bluetooth audio from my phone, but I'd love to have that audio go to the speakers from the CarPlay screen.

Yeah, I’d be interested, too.
    Go To Post #1
(10-25-2021, 11:20 PM)CharonPDX Wrote: Wait, wait, wait... There's an aux port hidden somewhere? WHERE IS THIS?!??!

(10-26-2021, 03:48 PM)harriska2 Wrote: Yeah, I’d be interested, too.

It's the bluetooth amp. The manual can be found at https://bossaudio.com/manual/MC420B_EN_UM_V2.PDF

Note they put in some black hot glue to seal the aux in and the R/W audio plugs, so I had to use some needle nose tweezers to pull out as much as I could, and then shove the 3.5mm in to dislodge whatever I couldn't pull out.

Also, bluetooth will override any physical connection, so you can't have your bluetooth paired (or in the case of a rally, other people's pairing can interrupt your aux in)

The amp is mounted vertically on the right side so the holes are facing down
    Go To Post #1
(11-17-2021, 05:16 AM)Odi Wrote: It's the bluetooth amp. The manual can be found at https://bossaudio.com/manual/MC420B_EN_UM_V2.PDF

Note they put in some black hot glue to seal the aux in and the R/W audio plugs, so I had to use some needle nose tweezers to pull out as much as I could, and then shove the 3.5mm in to dislodge whatever I couldn't pull out.

Also, bluetooth will override any physical connection, so you can't have your bluetooth paired (or in the case of a rally, other people's pairing can interrupt your aux in)

The amp is mounted vertically on the right side so the holes are facing down

I had someone pair their phone with my FUV speaker at a rally. He had his music blasting on my speakers, it was hilarious. I knew him so it wasn't annoying, just funny.