Cancellation
    Go To Post #1
I like the idea of On/Off hardtop too. The most important thing now is to get to market. Refinements can be added later.
    Go To Post #1
I like that idea!  Hardtop convertible/tilter/AWD.......300+ mile range, 0-60mph in 2.9 seconds.......top speed 100+ mph.

I'll be happy accepting delivery on the base model SRK and hope it's well received by the driving public  and wildly successful.

Go To Post #1
Rick, medics recently informed me that science has as yet not been able to find a remedy for itching midge bites or the common cold. But Australian Phil could almost certainly come up with a 4WD convertible tilter with a top speed of over 100mph. Battery technology is of course still not up to 300 miles ....
    Go To Post #1
I tried to sell single-place ultralight flying machines for $13000. I thought the world would beat a path to my door. Instead I got a whole lot of inquires like "it is just what I want except this and that and the other thing". I think they were dreamers who didn't really want to fly - except the one who figured he could fly without lessons and went and killed himself in somebody else's ultralight. I never sold one.
    Go To Post #1
I once restored an old US Piper L4 (Cub). It took me two years and I was on the point of giving up on the load of red tape several times over. Just as I´d finished the `ultralight´ craze took on big time! Everyone wanted to fly without going through the traditional training and owning an aircraft without all the hassle. I am now reformed: won´t let any ultralight anywhere near my hangar and will not have anything to do with them - they´re lethal!

Maybe that´s why I am somewhat leary of too much empathy with new `revolutionary´ technological developements made by little known, backstreet workshops (LitC-1 and all those Carver derivatives)
    Go To Post #1
Ultralights aren't lethal. I believe that a weight-shift ultralight is just as safe as a light plane, if you have the basic training, give it a good preflight each time, and don't fly when conditions are not suitable (which means there are a lot of days when you don't fly). It is less demanding of pilot skills than an airplane. The lethal part is the idiots who want to cut all the corners and don't think they can learn anything from anyone.

I totally agree with you about the new "revolutionary" technological developments. That is what I like about the SRK. The concept is unique but the technology is totally proven.
    Go To Post #1
(08-03-2017, 06:31 PM)paravil Wrote: Rick, medics recently informed me that science has as yet not been able to find a remedy for itching midge bites or the common cold. But Australian Phil could almost certainly come up with a 4WD convertible tilter with a top speed of over 100mph. Battery technology is of course still not up to 300 miles ....
We both have been in hot pursuit of an enclosed tilter for a long time.  I definitely got an itch for a fun enclosed three wheeler........tilt or not, but Kim, Elio, and Aussie Phil are all dead to me.  

The Rx remedy for my itch is the SRK.

Go To Post #1
Actually, everything is a tradeoff. I could build an EV trike with a 300 mile range, much more easily than to build something with the capability of the SRK. But its cruising speed would be about 20 mph.
    Go To Post #1
So now the time has come to accept the sad truth .... that I´ll be in my mobility scoote by the time anything I really want appears on the market!

(... and both the SRK and the Tremola come pretty close to that image)
    Go To Post #1
(08-03-2017, 06:31 PM)paravil Wrote: Rick, medics recently informed me that science has as yet not been able to find a remedy for itching midge bites or the common cold. But Australian Phil could almost certainly come up with a 4WD convertible tilter with a top speed of over 100mph. Battery technology is of course still not up to 300 miles ....

When I was a kid, I was sick all the time. Colds, Swollen Glands, Flu...
In my adult life, I've had a regular count of right around two bad colds a year like clockwork.
Until 5 years ago. I started taking Zinc. 100mg daily (666%)MDR.

When I feel the slightest symptom of one coming on...
Slight tickle in the throat, excess sneezing, a little achy...
I immediately start taking 100mg every eight hours.
It knocks the cold right out before it can take hold.

I've only had one brief cold in those 5 years.
And that was because I was scheduled for blood work...
Felt that tickle in my throat, but didn't want to screw up the results.

By the time I got to my bottle of Zinc the next day it was too late. The cold had taken hold.
It was mild and lasted about three days instead of the two weeks which were the average duration of my previous bad colds.

I was taking a few supplements before I started taking the Zinc, but the Zinc was the key with the colds and flu. Just FYI.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.