Is an AWD SRK possible?
    Go To Post #1
I'm certain there will be independent testing results after there are a few production vehicles available and on the road to test.  The latest news on the SRK's enclosure panels is "stay tuned", but the good news is waiting for the optional enclosure panels doesn't Slow down or impact the SRK's production schedule.......since they are optional.

Go To Post #1
They've suggested that the enclosures will be revealed with the Signature Series, so I would be surprised if they weren't available alongside production vehicles from the start
    Go To Post #1
(10-09-2017, 05:20 PM)Rickb Wrote: The most recent hardshell enclosure design looks ideal.  Uncertain about the soft shell appearance, but will serve the same function of providing enclosed cozy cabin comfort on those cold weather commutes.

Looks very like Arcimoto is plagued with the same set of regulations as Tremola.The transparent lower side panels are, I suppose, not really transparent. They are openings to let both driver and passenger put a foot down. This was the text I once quoted stipulating that a vehicle facing sideways on a steep gradient should not tip over. The passage was introduced to protect large North American cars from smaller, foreign imports.
    Go To Post #1
If its not a tilting vehicle, why would one need to put a foot down?
    Go To Post #1
To explain, I´d have to find the international classification again. Basically, there is a defined gradient on which the vehicle would have to stand (or move) sideways without tipping over. A heavy, wider vehicle would have no difficulty.The smaller and narrower the vehicle, the more likely it is to tip over. This regulation hinders trikes, scooters with two tilting front wheels and similar vehicles from being fully enclosed. Wihout a full enclosure (with the driver still able to put a foot down), it is then classed as a motorbike. So, the SRK (if totally enclosed) would have to prove that it was stable, standing or moving sideways to the gradient slope without tipping. The Solo, which is lower and wider would likely be able to pass (at a scrape). Although it has, as yet not passed certification. This regulation was initiated by the US to protect the local auto industry.
    Go To Post #1
Thanks for the explanation. I would certainly hope I never have to support a 1,000 lb SRK from tipping over with my leg.
    Go To Post #1
The SRK's 70/30 forward weight bias makes for a very nimble and stable ride.

Go To Post #1
If you´ve got a better explanation .....? It was the reason given when I enquired why the Tremola is depicted on their web site both with and without enclosure panels. I found the original regulation quoted on Phillip James´ Australian web site (but he has since reduced his site).

The Tango is advertised as being heavy enough, with a low CG making it stable on a gradient and is therefore fully enclosed. The French Twizy is only sold without side panels (they have to be putrchased as an after market item). Is there any other reason why the SRK has never been seen with enclosure panels? And would there be a market for it without?

Of course " I would certainly hope I never have to support a 1,000 lb SRK from tipping over with my leg." But that is not the point. I´ve helped quite a few bikers from under their heavy Harleys and BMWs. It´s not a question of IF a bike´ll tip over. The question is "When"!

My only hope is that the regulation`ll be dropped, enabling the Twizy, SRK and the Tremola to be fully enclosed (at least with removeable panels).
    Go To Post #1
paravil. I'm not saying that you haven't seen that EU regulation posted somewhere. However, a link would be nice.

First of all I need to see documentation of any similar US regulation. I've been all through the US standards and have not seen anything like this.
And Secondly, I find it very hard to believe that the SRK wouldn't pass such a test with it's wide stance and weight distribution.

We in the states do have the following standard but I believe it's for cars and trucks...

"Static Stability Factor
The rollover resistance rating is based on an at-rest laboratory measurement known
as the Static Stability Factor (SSF) that determines how “top-heavy” a vehicle is, and
 the results of a driving maneuver that tests whether a vehicle is vulnerable to tipping
 up on the road in a severe maneuver."

https://www.nhtsa.gov/ratings

Here are the US Federal Standards for compliance...
https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/.../subpart-B
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
The SRK doesn't require enclosure panels as a stable production three wheel motorcycle.  I would buy the SRK for seasonal commutes without enclosure panels, as do CanAM Spyder, Slingshot, and all other 2 and/or three wheeler motorcycle riders.

"Stay tuned" for the optional hard & soft shell SRK enclosure panel reveal.