Is an AWD SRK possible?
    Go To Post #1
Rick ... it´s been an awful long time staying tuned. Think Arcimoto could have been somewhat more open on the subject!

... or maybe it´s just that we expect a different level over here. The Swiss are a case in point.
    Go To Post #1
(10-12-2017, 06:46 PM)paravil Wrote: Rick ... it´s been an awful long time staying tuned.  Think Arcimoto could have been somewhat more open on the subject!

... or maybe it´s just that we expect a different level over here. The Swiss are a case in point.
Patrick, Since the enclosure panels are optional, it would have been a waste of time and money to build panels for the Gen 8's until the SRK frame and platform specs were finalized.  The Team has tweaked the Gen 8 frame a couple of times prior to finalizing specs for the Current Signature Series builds.  Arcimoto is open on the subject as indicated by the Q&A on their facebook page.  We have a high level of expectation over here as well. My personal level of expectation is too high!  I expect to see enclosure panels and a lot of other cool stuff on the Signature Series reveal.

The engineers/designers have posted 2-3 CAD hardshell designs that have improved over time.  The enclosure panels are the easiest piece of the development puzzle.  Also, they have shown actual enclosed cabins on a couple of earlier prototypes.

Go To Post #1
So I´ll just have to get used to a different mentality ..... was I reaslly ever expected to believe that:

- Persu was ever going to do what their managemt stated?
- The Lit C-1 was just on the point of delivery; with parts already ordered and factory space filled with machinery?
- That Electrameccanica really meant their stated delivery date (several times over)? That Kroll ever seriously believed that we would believe him?
- That Arcimoto`s `renderings´ are little more than just one more illusion?

I wonder how the people I have done business with for so many years would have reacted, had they been confronted with this level of fiction, make believe and downright untruthfulness.
    Go To Post #1
Why do companies like this exist? Because people like us believe there is a better way. Not every company is going to find it. I held off on investing in Elio for reasons that didn't have words. I couldn't invest in Arcimoto fast enough. I'm not paying for doors, just the open frame model. If that's all I ever get, that will make me very happy. When doors become available, I will weigh the cost of that option. The only important step at this point is putting rubber on the road.
    Go To Post #1
Some vehicle startups exist only to market a concept to generate funds from people like us. Arcimoto exists because the founder and his team share a vision and believe there is a better way for people like us.

Go To Post #1
I would like to believe that most startups genuinely believe in their ability to provide a meaningful product, and generate a reasonable profit. I think Paul Elio had the right vision, but failed in implementation. Kroll, Sondors... all working on their version of the better way. Arcimoto's team is close to achieving theirs, but like paravil has pointed out, others have been close, only to close shop. We all want to see success in our favorite versions of the future. Patience and faith. And money. Did I mention money?
    Go To Post #1
(10-12-2017, 08:36 PM)paravil Wrote: So I´ll just have to get used to a different mentality ..... was I reaslly ever expected to believe that:

- Persu was ever going to do what their managemt stated?
- The Lit C-1 was just on the point of delivery; with parts already ordered and factory space filled with machinery?
- That Electrameccanica really meant their stated delivery date (several times over)? That Kroll ever seriously believed that we would believe him?
- That Arcimoto`s `renderings´  are little more than just one more illusion?

I wonder how the people I have done business with for so many years would have reacted, had they been confronted with this level of fiction, make believe and downright untruthfulness.
Never mind........no guarantees.

Go To Post #1
(10-13-2017, 01:06 AM)AnimalCage Wrote: I would like to believe that most startups genuinely believe in their ability to provide a meaningful product, and generate a reasonable profit.  I think Paul Elio had the right vision, but failed in implementation.  Kroll, Sondors...  all working on their version of the better way.  Arcimoto's team is close to achieving theirs, but like paravil has pointed out, others have been close, only to close shop.  We all want to see success in our favorite versions of the future.  Patience and faith.  And money.  Did I mention money?

Speaking of money, does anyone have an idea as to what the freight cost ( delivery charge ) will be?
    Go To Post #1
(10-13-2017, 02:32 AM)gregbinahurry Wrote: Speaking of money, does anyone have an idea as to what the freight cost ( delivery charge ) will be?

Since it's a motorcycle, I'm not sure if it'll be an average set fee similar to what car mfg and dealers do...
Or whether it will vary wildly depending on how far away from Eugene you are.
Anyone else with information or thoughts on that, chime in.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
This search result indicates the average shipping cost that we may expect to get an SRK delivered to our front door:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)