Signature Series Numbers
    Go To Post #1
Reminds me.  I better start studying for Idahohoho's Motorcycle License Test.  I'll have to wait for delivery of my FUV before taking the required riding skills test. Smile  I don't mind the slight inconvenience of the MC licensing and testing requirement.  It will make me a safer rider.

Go To Post #1
So it´s still an unknown quantity whether full conformity testing has been accomplished, and to which international category standard! Are the same highly qualified engineers working on this (day and night) who are resoponsible for designing the door enclosures?
    Go To Post #1
(12-27-2017, 05:57 PM)paravil Wrote: So it´s still an unknown quantity whether full conformity testing has been accomplished, and to which international category standard! Are the same highly qualified engineers working on this (day and night) who are resoponsible for designing the door enclosures?
The FUV conforms to USA Motorcycle standards and the 2 Signature Series are registered, licensed, and on the road.  Registration and licensing was a simple process according to Mark Frohnmayer, CEO.  Check the finalized specs to see if they meet your EU vehicle classification standards and or requirements.  The FUV has to be considerably safer than your current motor bikes.  

The in-house Arcimoto Team Members currently working on wrapping up the finalized development specifications of the Soon to be revealed enclosure panels:  
Jim Jordan, Mechanical Design Genius
Diana Standish & Stephanie Moore-Fuller, Mechanical Engineers
Karan Shah, Mechanical Design Engineer

Go To Post #1
Rickb: Candy Wineberry Red - not blue. Wink I'll have to keep riding this until I get my FUV.
[Image: lake0006.jpg]
    Go To Post #1
(12-27-2017, 09:29 PM)jimball Wrote: Rickb: Candy Wineberry Red - not blue. Wink I'll have to keep riding this until I get my FUV.
[Image: lake0006.jpg]
That's funny!  I would have bet the farm on blue and lost.  Hey, I nailed the cooler color. Smile

Go To Post #1
The Consolidated Resolution on the Construction of Vehicles (R.E.3) is not a European ruling. It is the product of the World Forum for Harmonization of Vehicle Regulations. This enables world trade so that vehicles manufactured in any one country can be exported throughout the system. The US (and Canada) have signed up to this convention and vehicles manufactured in signatory countries must conform to these international regulations.

Of course exemptions may be permitted within any national market. But they would be irrelevant outside that market, and it is unlikely that any such product would ever be mass produced.

It is therefore of some interest to ascertain whether the SRK or the Solo have been registered and certified according to internationally accepted norms.
    Go To Post #1
Other than spreading negativism, why would you imply that they have not? Is there a history or pattern of American-made motorcycles NOT meeting these regulations since the US signed the agreement? The Arcimoto meets US requirements & regulations. There are NUMEROUS vehicles, two wheeled & 4, produced in other countries that are not legal to import into the US for highway use, so it seems to me that this is a paper dragon with no teeth.

(12-28-2017, 10:48 AM)paravil Wrote: The Consolidated Resolution on the Construction of Vehicles (R.E.3) is not a European ruling. It is the product of the World Forum for Harmonization of Vehicle Regulations. This enables world trade so that vehicles manufactured in any one country can be exported throughout the system. The US (and Canada) have signed up to this convention and vehicles manufactured in signatory countries must conform to these international regulations.

Of course exemptions may be permitted within any national market. But they would be irrelevant outside that market, and it is unlikely that any such product would ever be mass produced.

It is therefore of some interest to ascertain whether the SRK or the Solo have been registered and certified according to internationally accepted norms.
    Go To Post #1
Don´t know why the simple question as to which internationally recognised category does the vehicle comply, and whether registration has been completed should be regarded as "spreading negativism"!

Reminds me somewhat of North Korea.

PS

"From Arcimmoto's Facebook page...

"Yes, we accept international reservations.
We plan to deliver U.S. preorders first, in order to keep our logistics under control, but we expect to be delivering to the world market in 2018."
    Go To Post #1
(12-28-2017, 04:30 PM)paravil Wrote: Don´t know why the simple question as to which internationally recognised category does the vehicle comply, and whether registration has been completed should be regarded as "spreading negativism"!

Reminds me somewhat of North Korea.

PS

"From Arcimmoto's Facebook page...

"Yes, we accept international reservations.
We plan to deliver U.S. preorders first, in order to keep our logistics under control, but we expect to be delivering to the world market in 2018."
Patrick, beyond your "reminds me of North Korea" statement you're not so negative, but perhaps overly skeptical in the light of tangible progress.  Arcimoto is not Lit Motors or Australian Phil, but rather a qualified team dedicated to get their vision of a three wheeler EV to the mass market and making REAL progress........unlike the other startups we have jointly followed. If Arcimoto states they are building the vehicle for the worldwide market it will meet worldwide specifications as a three wheel motorcycle.  It's a freakin motorcycle.  Is it really that difficult to get a motorcycle shipped and licensed in your country? Can you buy and license a Harley Davidson Trike in Germany?  If so you should be able to buy and license a FUV.  The fact that it's electric should make it easier yet. 

Arcimoto has delivered 2 Signature Series vehicles to date.  The manufacturing plant is being tooled for production scale as we speak.  Let them get the damn thing delivered to the US market in 2018.  If it gains market acceptance and meets YOUR everyday needs and EU registration requirements.........buy one.  Arcimoto has stated they are planning to ship worldwide and close to revealing the enclosure OPTION.  They are credible to date in what they say and do and are funded. The FUV is currently manufacturer certified with plans to do third party certification after assembling a few more vehicles.  Arcimoto designers and engineers knew what the worldwide specs were from the git go and smart enough to design and engineer the SRK/FUV to meet those requirements. IMO

Go To Post #1
Patrick, You can register and license BMW motorcycles and scooters in your country why not the much safer Arcimoto FUV?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)