Signature Series Numbers
    Go To Post #1
(12-28-2017, 04:30 PM)paravil Wrote: Don´t know why the simple question as to which internationally recognised category does the vehicle comply, and whether registration has been completed should be regarded as "spreading negativism"!

Reminds me somewhat of North Korea.

PS
"From Arcimmoto's Facebook page...

"Yes, we accept international reservations.
We plan to deliver U.S. preorders first, in order to keep our logistics under control, but we expect to be delivering to the world market in 2018."

Perhaps it has something to do with your constant criticism, questioning and complaining since the inception of the various SRK forums about everything to do with the way Arcimoto is proceeding. Maybe you are just a skeptical old biker. I dunno, but I've yet to see you say very much of anything positive about Arcimoto. Like Rickb said, can you purchase a Harley Davidson trike in Germany? How about a Canadian-made Can-Am Spider? Can you name a single currently available American-made highway legal vehicle (2, 3 or 4-wheeled) that does not meet those specifications and is banned from import to Germany? Not vaporware, but actual production vehicles available through a dealer network. The only one I can think of that the EU might not care for is the Polaris Slingshot, but I'm just guessing.

Addendum: Quick check, but even the Slingshot is available in Germany.
    Go To Post #1
Jimball, I´ve absolutely no idea .... but am quite sure thast ALL the US imported vehicles MUST conform to national and international conformity standars. And so I´d like to know whether the SRK (and the Solo) have passed their certification process. That´s all!

One of my British bikes only conforms to UK standards and has only a national UK acceptance certificate. It cannot be sold where I live (in Germany). Is that how the SRK is registered?

I´ve never trusted any uncritical adulation. Nothing is perfect and criticism is always to be preferred. If not acceptable, just ask the site organiser to scrub my membership. OK by me!

I´ve been through the same process with countless other small vehicle projects (now defunct). I´ve seen so many idealistic true believers who have all ultimately been disappointed (and who became VERY angry with any criticism). So I´m not really worrying
    Go To Post #1
>> delivered to the US market in 2018 <<

Hmmm...

I just noticed this at the bottom of the Arcimoto.com main page;

"Q1 2018, Wide Pilot Fleet Deployment and First Customer Deliveries"

Remember the Uber announcement?

Does that mean that deliveries to Uber, et. al, will happen before deliveries to preorder customers?

Beverly Howard
    Go To Post #1
Patrick, like I said all the others never came close to production. Arcimoto is delivering production ready vehicles and has the necessary funding to move forward. Give them a little time to work out the world wide market details while delivering reservationist vehicles in the USA. My question to you is, when the enclosure panels reveal and all conformity standards are met.......will you buy one?

Go To Post #1
(12-28-2017, 07:09 PM)paravil Wrote: I´ve been through the same process with countless other small vehicle projects (now defunct). I´ve seen so many idealistic true believers who have all ultimately been disappointed (and who became VERY angry with any criticism). So I´m not really worrying

I'm far from one of those true believers. I've yet to put up a deposit, and am unlikely to until I see production proceed a little farther along and ordinary citizens start receiving their vehicles. If they clear their reservations list, I'll be signing up. I do think that Arcimoto is much farther along that road than any of the others, and has a real product. It's just still in the one-at-a-time stage of production. It actually looks like Arcimoto is going to succeed. Whether or not succeeding in reaching production equals success in the marketplace remains to be seen. Why do you act like you doubt Arcimoto's statements that the trike will be available globally? Do you think they are too stupid to realize that there are regulations they need to meet? I find myself thinking that if the Arcimoto was available to purchase tomorrow in Germany, you would not buy it.
    Go To Post #1
(12-28-2017, 07:56 PM)bevhoward Wrote: >> delivered to the US market in 2018 <<

Hmmm...

I just noticed this at the bottom of the Arcimoto.com main page;

"Q1 2018, Wide Pilot Fleet Deployment and First Customer Deliveries"

Remember the Uber announcement?

Does that mean that deliveries to Uber, et. al, will happen before deliveries to preorder customers?

Beverly Howard

No.  Following delivery of the 6 Signature Series FUVs, the referenced Pilot Fleet is the first 50-100 FUVs that will go to a select few of early adopters willing to participate in the test and review program prior to starting production of the general reservationist FUV deliveries.  In case The A Team frequents this forum........I am available and interested in being a TEST PILOT!  Smile

Copy, frame, and hang this in your garage:

(12-28-2017, 07:09 PM)paravil Wrote: Jimball, I´ve absolutely no idea .... but am quite sure thast ALL the US imported vehicles MUST conform to national and international conformity standars. And so I´d like to know whether the SRK (and the Solo) have passed their certification process. That´s all!

One of my British bikes only conforms to UK standards and has only a national UK acceptance certificate. It cannot be sold where I live (in Germany). Is that how the SRK is registered?

I´ve never trusted any uncritical adulation. Nothing is perfect and criticism is always to be preferred. If not acceptable, just ask the site organiser to scrub my membership. OK by me!

I´ve been through the same process with countless other small vehicle projects (now defunct). I´ve seen so many idealistic true believers who have all ultimately been disappointed (and who became VERY angry with any criticism). So I´m not really worrying
Patrick, the simple answer to your question is no.  Arcimoto is currently manufacturer certified only with two vehicles registered and licensed in the USA.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_8270.JPG (Size: 19.07 KB / Downloads: 70)

Go To Post #1
>> In case The A Team frequents this forum........I am available and interested in being a TEST PILOT <<

As am I!

In addition to paying the "place in line" fee a day or so after first learning about the project, I participated in the ipo, not so much for the return but to help with the project. If and when the price gets back above the ipo price, that will simply be icing ;-)

Can you tell I am a fan? (Sometimes it's necessary to believe)
Beverly Howard
    Go To Post #1
(12-28-2017, 10:26 PM)bevhoward Wrote: >> In case The A Team frequents this forum........I am available and interested in being a TEST PILOT <<

As am I!

In addition to paying the "place in line" fee a day or so after first learning about the project, I participated in the ipo, not so much for the return but to help with the project.  If and when the price gets back above the ipo price, that will simply be icing ;-)

Can you tell I am a fan?  (Sometimes it's necessary to believe)
Beverly Howard
Yes I can.  I agree that it's sometimes necessary to believe, but I admit to believing only when there is progress and something (a tangible product) to believe in and more importantly having good reason to believe the people behind the product. I invested using the same logic. Something I couldn't do with any of the other three wheeler startup vehicle companies.

Go To Post #1
Rick, thanks ... that´s the answer I was looking for. I wonder what was so difficult ....
    Go To Post #1
Might not be a bad idea to find test pilots in all climates so you can see how the FUVs will perform in those conditions.

I'm up for and average of 46 miles a day 5 days a week in the humid south east Smile