Signature Series Numbers
    Go To Post #1
(12-29-2017, 07:37 AM)paravil Wrote: Rick, thanks ... that´s the answer I was looking for. I wonder what was so difficult ....
You're welcome.......miscommunication and understanding about what's important to get a vehicle certified......an actual production ready vehicle to test and certify.  Arcimoto recently revealed that manufacturer compliant vehicle. It is USA manufacturer compliant.  Uncertain about worldwide compliance, but the plan for third party certification comes later.  

What's been difficult is designing, engineering, building multiple test vehicles, scheduling test drive events, making changes based on 1000s of road testing and component part bench testing miles, building a finalized production vehicle, securing funding through a successful Reg A+ funding round, a NASDAQ listing, and using funds to start tooling the recently acquired manufacturing plant for production scale.   Arcimoto has met those production milestones.  Patrick, I think you might agree to some positives?

Important Note:  The current hand assembled Signature FUVs are in fact registered and licensed in the owner's home States.  My selfish USA certification and compliance needs are covered when my reservation # rolls out.  I'm less concerned about the worldwide market. Smile

Go To Post #1
I would sure like to be a test driver also, especially if I could get delivery earlier. I can offer mountains, 15% grades, ice and snow from October to May, local speed limits from 20 mph to 80 mph, and not too much traffic. I would probably put studded snow tires on it for Winter - it worked wonders on the Subaru. I always start cautiously with a vehicle and test things one at a time to expand the envelope. For example, when there was that kerfuffle about the Prius going out of control at full throttle, I tested it and found 3 different ways to safely stop a Prius with the accelerator full in (and I don't believe the problem was real anyway).

Also, if I could get delivery in time for Sturgis (August 3-12), I would attend and show it off.
    Go To Post #1
Not sure if that's what they are looking for but to me it makes sense, plus if you made sure to get at least one registered in each state it would also help with state technicalities.
    Go To Post #1
(12-30-2017, 03:16 PM)Trik Wrote: Not sure if that's what they are looking for but to me it makes sense, plus if you made sure to get at least one registered in each state it would also help with state technicalities.

I would volunteer for the great state of Iowa !
    Go To Post #1
Rick, it´s all a matter of perspective! European countries are often no larger than individual states in the US. So vehicles need to be certified so that they can be sold, registered and insured throughout the Continent. We also have nationally registered exceptions, and people are very wary of them. Like my `special´ motorbike (a UK registered dirt tracker) that I can only sell if I send it back to the UK. That´s one reason why I prefer to wait for a major car or motorbike manufacturer to market something a bit more like what I really want. Just think of all those useless projects that we both used to chase in the past!
    Go To Post #1
(12-30-2017, 05:07 PM)paravil Wrote: Rick, it´s all a matter of perspective! European countries are often no larger than individual states in the US. So vehicles need to be certified so that they can be sold, registered and insured throughout the Continent. We also have nationally registered exceptions, and people are very wary of them. Like my `special´ motorbike (a UK registered dirt tracker) that I can only sell if I send it back to the UK. That´s one reason why I prefer to wait for a major car or motorbike manufacturer to market something a bit more like what I really want. Just think of all those useless projects that we both used to chase in the past!
Patrick, I couldn't register and license a motorcycle in the US if it didn't meet US Federal Motorcycle compliance Standards and wouldn't buy one that wasn't compliant/certified.  I can only assume the FUV will likely meet the EU's, but a short time will tell on that assumption.  Your point of waiting is logical, but those future "concepts" have to meet your certification requirements as well.  I'm too old to wait for the perfect 'enclosed' three wheeler.  

We have chased a number of concepts that turned to vaporware, but most or all didn't get to the driveable validated prototype stage of development let alone production.  Arcimoto is delivering production ready vehicles.  If the FUV meets your needs, and you would consider buying the FUV mobility scooter..........I don't see any reason why it wouldn't EU certify as the electric motorcycle it is.  It appears to be the safest motorcycle I've seen and has zero emissions.  If you wouldn't buy it.......it's a moot point. 

Patrick, I enjoy our Forum chats.  Hope we all get the rides of our choice.  Have a Happy New Year!

Go To Post #1
>> registered and insured throughout the Continent <<

At least Arcimoto doesn't have to deal with the steering wheel side for their certification ;-)

Beverly Howard
    Go To Post #1
After skimming through the EU certification requirements for Category L vehicles I don't see any issues for EU compliance of the Arcimoto FUV.  The FUV even conforms to the new more restrictive emission standards for motorcycles and appears to meet or exceed all the emissions and safety requirements.  

It seems that Arcimoto can submit a Certificate of Conformity providing for EU compliance validation and they are good to go!  The FUV will be the safest zero emission threewheeler on the EU roadways. Smile

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/E...32013R0168

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Go To Post #1
(12-30-2017, 02:47 PM)DanCooper Wrote: I would sure like to be a test driver also, especially if I could get delivery earlier. I can offer mountains, 15% grades, ice and snow from October to May, local speed limits from 20 mph to 80 mph, and not too much traffic. I would probably put studded snow tires on it for Winter - it worked wonders on the Subaru. I always start cautiously with a vehicle and test things one at a time to expand the envelope. For example, when there was that kerfuffle about the Prius going out of control at full throttle, I tested it and found 3 different ways to safely stop a Prius with the accelerator full in (and I don't believe the problem was real anyway).

Also, if I could get delivery in time for Sturgis (August 3-12), I would attend and show it off.

I would meet you in Sturgis.  The first annual Sturgis FUV Rally.

Go To Post #1
I'll offer to test pilot for longevity, in the ever-changing Massachusetts environment! If I get this new job, I'll be pulling about 480 miles a week, almost all highway. Of course, the wife will want it occasionally, and I'll kick and scream and pout and throw myself on the floor, and she'll laugh at me while she motors off, leaving me with the old boring Toyota.