Signature Series Numbers
    Go To Post #1
Again: yes, Rick! If they can issue the Certificate of conformity, it´d be ok. But then there´s the question of which category the SRK conforms to ..... and whether that category accepts enclosures (doors) etc. I understand (from my own experience) that it´not all that simple. Problems arise from the position of lights, seat belt attachments etc. etc. I do not accept that the present lack of doors on the SRK is merely a question of finding sufficient time to develop them as an afterthought. Renault still cannot tell me whether the flimsy, aftermarket `doors´ on their Twizy are legal or not. We´re in a period of transition and major manufacturers are clearly not willing to start production of their many prototypes until ... "the Commission has proposed simpler rules ...."

Yes, I accept that the SRK is the most positive development on the market right now. It´ll be many months (years?) until it can be imported (made?) in Europe. By then, I expect (hope) that a narrow, leaning, one (or two) seater EV will be available.
    Go To Post #1
Does somebody have a driveable production model narrow/leaning EV concept close to production ready,  funding, and tooled manufacturing facilities ready to roll out vehicles in a year or two, guaranteed to be EU compliant that I'm not aware of?  Danny Kim is still working on the C-1, maybe he will have an engineering breakthrough.    

https://newatlas.com/narrow-tilting-vehi...6/#gallery

Go To Post #1
That's what I like about Mark, he has a viable product ready for production, just needed help producing it and that really sets Arcimoto apart from most of the rest that I have seen.
    Go To Post #1
(12-31-2017, 05:59 PM)Trik Wrote: That's what I like about Mark, he has a viable product ready for production, just needed help producing it and that really sets Arcimoto apart from most of the rest that I have seen.
I agree!  If you mean Mark needed our funding help to get to production...........what's more admirable is that he didn't ask for public investor funding until he had a production model FUV ready to deliver.......and is a debt free company.  Also, asking for simple $100 refundable no risk reservations only to get indication of market potential.  

A visionary Team on a mission to make a difference by doing good things........not just make money.

Go To Post #1
Not a day passes without one of the major manufacturers coming up with their latest 4-wheeled, narrow, leaning urban vehicle. None of them could be registered under any existing internationally recognised category (e.g: Yamaha http://www.carscoops.com/2017/10/yamaha-...tween.html).

So, none are in the process of being manufactured at the present moment. That doesn´t mean that I have to give up my bikes for an SUV, or any oither vehicle that I don´t fancy! Global warming is in my favour. Then there´s public transport (quite good here in Europe). So I can just wait. The alternatives are NOT a brightly coloured, plastic bubble car with a single rear wheel drive ... or a tubular zimmer frame with no doors.
    Go To Post #1
(12-31-2017, 08:12 PM)paravil Wrote: Not a day passes without one of the major manufacturers coming up with their latest 4-wheeled, narrow, leaning urban vehicle. None of them could be registered under any existing internationally recognised category (e.g: Yamaha http://www.carscoops.com/2017/10/yamaha-...tween.html).

So, none are in the process of being manufactured at the present moment. That doesn´t mean that I have to give up my bikes for an SUV, or any oither vehicle that I don´t fancy! Global warming is in my favour. Then there´s public transport (quite good here in Europe). So I can just wait. The alternatives are NOT a brightly coloured, plastic bubble car with a single rear wheel drive ... or a tubular zimmer frame with no doors.
I'm not selling Arcimoto FUVs.  My posts are based on personal interest in the vehicle and Arcimoto's progress for chat with those that share an interest.  Nobody hopes your wait for a narrow tilter pans out more than me because I'll buy one too.  I simply decided to supplement my current SUV with an affordable enclosed FUV EV while I wait.  A narrow 3 or 4 wheeler tilter would likely carry a high MSRP and the tilt may be a negative for mass market acceptance.  You have implied interest in the Arcimoto FUV as a SRKOwners forum member,  so I ass.u.med you had a degree of interest in the Arcimoto FUV.  I was obviously mistaken.

Go To Post #1
"You have implied interest in the Arcimoto FUV as a SRKOwners forum member, so I ass.u.med you had a degree of interest in the Arcimoto FUV. I was obviously mistaken."

I´ve been interested in smaller urban vehicles ever since I bought my first Messerchmitt in the 1960s. I consider the SRK the best small vehicle available. But I don´t want one! My granddaughter is sorely disappointed that I don´t appreciate her new Smart either. I can see where future developments are leading and that´s where I want to go .... If I can´t have what I want, I can do without.
    Go To Post #1
(01-01-2018, 12:23 PM)paravil Wrote: "You have implied interest in the Arcimoto FUV as a SRKOwners forum member, so I ass.u.med you had a degree of interest in the Arcimoto FUV. I was obviously mistaken."

I´ve been interested in smaller urban vehicles ever since I bought my first Messerchmitt in the 1960s. I consider the SRK the best small vehicle available. But I don´t want one! My granddaughter is sorely disappointed that I don´t appreciate her new Smart either. I can see where future developments are leading and that´s where I want to go .... If I can´t have what I want, I can do without.

So, since we know you don't like it, don't want one, and have no intention of buying one, can we assume you are going to quit stirring the pot on this group and we have seen the last of your contrary old backside? It's New Years. A great New Year's resolution from you would be "I'm going to quit Trolling the SRK forums."
    Go To Post #1
Patrick your statement, "I consider the SRK the best small vehicle available"  rings true.  I understand if the FUV doesn't meet your personal needs.  If you have no intention of owning one there's no reason to be overly critical of the progress to date, or the delayed enclosure panel option reveal.  It sounds like your immediate transportation needs are met with your motor bikes and public transit.  If the FUV makes it to your market area, I suggest a test ride for the fun of it to Check out the sports car like performance and handling.  Smile

Go To Post #1
Maybe the difference between a critical evaluation and `trolling´ would need to be clarified. If uncritical devotion is all that can be tolerated, I´m sure you´re right. You prefer to be amongst yourselves and (very like the Taliban) a divergent outlook should then be banned. I have noticed this in all the bygone small vehicle websites. But, then again, neither the vehicles nor the websites still exist!

As the development of the SRK and the Solo have reached a point where very little in the way of change can be expected, I suggest that the next time we meet will be when the next offering appears. Hopefully one that is more to my liking!