SRK sightings!
    Go To Post #1
The black, red, and Gen 7 prototypes were out by the sidewalk when I drove by today. It was fun seeing one of the older prototypes; it has been a while.
    Go To Post #1
Aaaaand I passed the ETC on the road today! That's four prototypes in two days!
    Go To Post #1
Maybe you will pass the first Signature Series with hardshell enclosure panels tomorrow!

Go To Post #1
I´ d even be surprised to find the fittings for the enclosure panels on the frame!
    Go To Post #1
Patrick, if you get to the point of thinking about purchasing a real mobility scooter while waiting you might want to contact these guys! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5t_Yd76MnLU

Go To Post #1
Give it an enclosure, Rick .... and I´d be interested.
But seriously ..... why on earth haven´t the Arcimoto people been able to fit doors to their contraption? It can´t be all that difficult. I´m beginning to think that there must be some kind of international stipulation preventing doors being fitted to that class of three-wheeler. The Tremolo people mentioned having a similar problem with doors being available, but only if attached by the owner at a later date.
    Go To Post #1
Enclosure, roll over protection, and 3 airbags  Smile

According to Mark Frohnmayer the enclosure panels will be revealed along with the SRK Signature Series reveal.  I'm guessing as early as next week following Arcimoto's official Reg A+ IPO offering earmarked to fund the 2018 production schedule.  We are finally going to have closure on the mass production of a three wheeler commuter vehicle (SRK) that we can ride open or enclosed (convertible) pending an individual owner's 'climate change'.   The only box that remains unchecked on my list is tilt.

Go To Post #1
Tilt would make it possible to have a much narrower wheel base. It would also then be logical to have four wheels with the same wheel base front and back. This would be a completely different vehicle.

There´s still no reason why Arcimoto has developed the vehicle so far ..... without coming up with the least expensive part - the detachable enclosure panels.
    Go To Post #1
Impossible to meet USA Federal auto classification requirements as a four wheeler and if so raise cost of development and the msrp significantly.  The SRK is a motorcycle classified vehicle in the USA.  

The enclosure panel is the least expensive and least important part in the development process.  It was treated as the last part of the equation right up until the overall production model platform had been finalized.  Design and engineering specs finalized with the start of the SRK Signature Series builds and they have now designed the enclosure panel options to fit it in the most logical and economical process.  It would have been a waste of time and limited R&D funds to design and engineer enclosure panels early on.......only to change it later.  The renderings were adequate during R&D stages.  IMO.

Go To Post #1
Rick, the enclosure panels may well be less important if you regard the SRK merely as a `fun´ vehicle. If it is ever considered as the only solution to the urban congestion problem under diverse climatic conditions, the panels are of the utmost importance. I could get myself a Renault Twizy and then freeze and get thoroughly wet in winter, but then I´d be better off staying with my two bikes .... or ... I could start eating myself adipose and plonk my fat rear end into a Solo....