SRK sightings!
    Go To Post #1
Patrick,  MY POINT WAS LESS IMPORTANT ONLY DURING THE SRKs DESIGN, ENGINEERING, AND PROTOYPING STAGES of development, not the finished product.  Arcimoto obviously focused on engineering the SRK's performance and handling.  The OPTIONAL enclosure panels are critically important in the final product but time and money spent in their design and fabrication only after the frame design was locked in (no changes) production ready.  Why fabricate enclosure panels when the frame size and specs may likely change (tweak) during testing?  

My preference is enclosed or the SRK has little value to me or the masses.  The masses need HEAT/AC in an enclosed climate controlled cabin!  It's why Arcimoto is focusing on 3 different enclosure options......hardshell, softcover, and deliverator.  Those buying the SRK as a fun three wheeler motorcycle don't have to pay for enclosure.  OPTIONS seem ideal from a marketing perspective.

Go To Post #1
Ok, Rick! We´ll just have to wait (although we´ve already done that) and see what comes of it.
    Go To Post #1
Keep in mind that enclosure is not an after thought.  It was an integral part of the SRK concept prototype build back in 2009.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_8355.JPG (Size: 95.8 KB / Downloads: 58)

Go To Post #1
Now where´d you get that, Rick????? A genuine sighting or just a Photoshop rendition? Ayway, not bad for a start: 2 POB, front wheel drive, acceptable speed & endurance ...... and e n c l o s e d!!!! I´m quite impressed
    Go To Post #1
It was the driveable SRK Generation 3 prototype (2009-10).  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DSFR556C_T...bVrSSiRJvA

The Gen 3 SRK has since evolved through 5 additional generation builds leading to the finalized Gen 8 Signature Series production SRK.

The SRK's evolution over nearly a decade of R&D:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Go To Post #1
Ok Rick ... I might have known ... so the "finalised" version still has no enclosure!
    Go To Post #1
Enclosure options are the easiest 'optional part' of the SRK's production model. Designing and engineering the SRK's platform to meet Performance and handling specifications was the key........wrapping that package.....will be a cakewalk. Technically, the SRK can go to production without the panels for those not interested in the option. Frohnmayer stated that we will see an enclosed Signature Series reveal........I have no reason to doubt him since he has a good track record on doing what he says.

The feature I like the most about the SRK is that it's Convertible......ride it open or enclosed.

Go To Post #1
Ahh that's the Gen 3 "Pulse". My understanding is that the Pulse has non-removable doors.

Creating doors that are both secure and easy to remove has got to be a major engoneering challenge, and Arcimoto has been extremely consistent about not revealin anything until it is 100% solid and ready for the average Joe to test out. I am not surprised it has taken them this long to get it to the "showing it off" stage.

I have a lot of faith that once they do have the enclosure done, it will be done right.
    Go To Post #1
My only point for showing the fully enclosed Gen 3 Pulse was to provide Patrick with solid evidence that Arcimoto's original vision included an enclosed cabin.   Also, that there was no urgency to engineer the Gen 8's panels until the frame and platform specs of the production model SRK Gen 8 ETC were locked in.  Arcimoto stated that the biggest engineering challenge with the enclosure options is the hinges.

(08-15-2017, 08:43 AM)paravil Wrote: Ok Rick ... I might have known ... so the "finalised"  version still has no enclosure!
I happen to think the finalized Signature Series does have enclosure...........we just haven't seen it yet.

Go To Post #1
I happen to disbelieve anything I haven´t seen yet. Anything else is a product of someone´s fertile imagination, Photoshop .... or some other useless FTRC idiocy. But it´s OK if you wish to live in a state of permanent happy expectation.

If enclosures were that easy to manufacture, they would have appeared by now. I´d quite like to know why Arcimoto, Tremolo and Twizy have not been able to fully enclose their products .... and why the fully enclosed Solo has not yet been certified (although it´s been quite long in the process and Electrameccanica promised us a quick and simple procedure).