New Category
    Go To Post #1
I added a new subject category. 'Upgrades and Options'. Enjoy!
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
A couple of ideas. I like the idea of a hand brake for regeneration and a separate hydraulic foot brake. I think the Prius gives up a bit of efficiency by having a smart braking system. This wouldn't affect most people much, but I go up and down a lot of hills, and it would be best to have direct control of it.

It would be nice to have an option of fenders with more clearance, to accommodate chains when needed. I have to climb a 15% grade to get home. I expect there is enough torque to do that - wouldn't have to go fast up the hill.
    Go To Post #1
I got to drive Blue up Skinner's Butte, a local hill that's fairly steep. Torque is no problem; I had trouble holding it back.
    Go To Post #1
Doors that shut tight with a `clunk´. .... and some news about the delivery version.
    Go To Post #1
I'd like to see a trailer hitch.  The SRK should be perfectly capable of towing a small motorcycle trailer, which would allow some serious grocery shopping trips and maybe even some camping trips to nearby lakes.
[Image: lake0006_zpscc3db958.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
Jim, that's a sweet getaway rig for two. Arcimoto did mention they were consideraing a hitch option.

Go To Post #1
(10-08-2016, 04:15 PM)jimball Wrote: I'd like to see a trailer hitch.  The SRK should be perfectly capable of towing a small motorcycle trailer, which would allow some serious grocery shopping trips and maybe even some camping trips to nearby lakes.
[Image: lake0006_zpscc3db958.jpg]
Chips and Beer!
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
A few more ideas I had, while riding my motorcycle in the colder weather.

A cabin heater isn't necessary. It would use a lot of energy, and be useless if the cabin isn't enclosed. What would make more sense would be to dress for the weather, with an electrically heated vest. I presume there is an 12V supply for lights and accessories. It should have at least 8A extra capacity for a couple of heated vests.

The fender mounting brackets should have two sets of holes - one for the normal 1 inch clearance, and one for additional clearance for chains. I often need chains to get up the last mile coming home. I don't need to go more than 15mph on that stretch.

A thermostatically controlled heater for the battery would help in cold weather, powered by AC when plugged in for charging.

A windshield wiper, if the Plexiglas windshield could take it without scratching.

All these things I could install myself, but it would be nice if they were available as standard or options.
    Go To Post #1
(10-10-2016, 05:34 PM)DanCooper Wrote: A few more ideas I had, while riding my motorcycle in the colder weather.

A cabin heater isn't necessary.  It would use a lot of energy, and be useless if the cabin isn't enclosed.  What would make more sense would be to dress for the weather, with an electrically heated vest.  I presume there is an 12V supply for lights and accessories.  It should have at least 8A extra capacity for a couple of heated vests.

The fender mounting brackets should have two sets of holes - one for the normal 1 inch clearance, and one for additional clearance for chains.  I often need chains to get up the last mile coming home.  I don't need to go more than 15mph on that stretch.

A thermostatically controlled heater for the battery would help in cold weather, powered by AC when plugged in for charging.

A windshield wiper, if the Plexiglas windshield could take it without scratching.

All these things I could install myself, but it would be nice if they were available as standard or options.
Dan, let me ask you.
These are all good ideas and  good questions.
Would you mind compiling them and sending them to Arcimoto?
They always answer within a short amount of time when I email them.
Mark himself responded to the last email I sent. The link is info@arcimoto.com

When I'm the only liaison on the site, it takes a lot of time that I should be using for other things.
If you'd rather not, I'll send them on, but you do a great job on questions we all would like answered.
Let me know. If you do compile and ask them, let Arcimoto know you'll be posting them here on the site.

I'd really like it if several of us could kind of share in contacting Arcimoto with our questions and suggestions.

What do you think?
    Go To Post #1
(10-10-2016, 05:34 PM)DanCooper Wrote: A few more ideas I had, while riding my motorcycle in the colder weather.

A cabin heater isn't necessary.  It would use a lot of energy, and be useless if the cabin isn't enclosed.  What would make more sense would be to dress for the weather, with an electrically heated vest.  I presume there is an 12V supply for lights and accessories.  It should have at least 8A extra capacity for a couple of heated vests.

The fender mounting brackets should have two sets of holes - one for the normal 1 inch clearance, and one for additional clearance for chains.  I often need chains to get up the last mile coming home.  I don't need to go more than 15mph on that stretch.

If memory serves, battery temperature regulation and a windshield wiper will be standard features.  But please correct me if I'm wrong.