Just got off the phone with Arcimoto!
    Go To Post #1
I took some of my charging questions to the source, and asked a couple of other questions and made a couple of suggestions.

Kyle was my contact person and very helpful.

1>  I will need a portable charging station to utilize the NEMA 14-50 RV outlets.

2> For home charging, the FUV comes with a 110v cable, but will have an adapter plug that allows it to plug into a home 220v outlet. He said they are looking at several ways to go about this.  Kyle thought this would provide "near Level 2 charging, but asked me to email him so he could verify with the electrical engineers.

3>  The doors should be revealed around the end of Q1/beginning of Q2 this spring! Cool

4> The trailer hitch I asked about last year is definitely going to be there, but they are waiting for the start of production to add it.  Kyle says it is a simple thing for them to do, so they are putting it off while they deal with everything else.

5> I asked if the handlebars would lock for security & safety like all other motorcycles.  I could hear the light bulb over his head firing up! Tongue   That feature had never occurred to them, but he realized that it would be a very valuable addition.

6>  I suggested they consider placing attachment points for one of the major motorcycle luggage companies saddlebag mounting hardware such as Givi.  Again, I heard the light bulb. Wink   All Arcimoto needs to do is make certain that there is a place to attach the hardware, or add it as an option.  They do not need to provide the actual mount or consider making their own luggage/saddlebags.

Kyle said he was going to bring up my suggestions at their next meeting.  I asked about delivery if I place a deposit when the sides are revealed in a couple of months.  Kyle said probably Q2, 2019, but hinted that maybe as soon as Q1, 2019.  I think I'm going to give myself a Valentines present and reserve mine this month.
    Go To Post #1
Kyle is always very helpful.  Good questions, good answers, and good suggestions.  The A Team actually listens to potential customers and will discuss your recommendations. Congrats on your Happy Valentine’s Day no risk FUV reservation.  It’s about time! Smile. It’s going to be a FUNctional ride.

Go To Post #1
Great questions!
    Go To Post #1
Kyle is pretty awesome.
    Go To Post #1
A steering lock is mandatory within the EU!
    Go To Post #1
(02-02-2018, 11:51 PM)jimball Wrote: I took some of my charging questions to the source, and asked a couple of other questions and made a couple of suggestions.

Kyle was my contact person and very helpful.

1>  I will need a portable charging station to utilize the NEMA 14-50 RV outlets.

2> For home charging, the FUV comes with a 110v cable, but will have an adapter plug that allows it to plug into a home 220v outlet. He said they are looking at several ways to go about this.  Kyle thought this would provide "near Level 2 charging, but asked me to email him so he could verify with the electrical engineers.

3>  The doors should be revealed around the end of Q1/beginning of Q2 this spring! Cool

4> The trailer hitch I asked about last year is definitely going to be there, but they are waiting for the start of production to add it.  Kyle says it is a simple thing for them to do, so they are putting it off while they deal with everything else.

5> I asked if the handlebars would lock for security & safety like all other motorcycles.  I could hear the light bulb over his head firing up! Tongue   That feature had never occurred to them, but he realized that it would be a very valuable addition.

6>  I suggested they consider placing attachment points for one of the major motorcycle luggage companies saddlebag mounting hardware such as Givi.  Again, I heard the light bulb. Wink   All Arcimoto needs to do is make certain that there is a place to attach the hardware, or add it as an option.  They do not need to provide the actual mount or consider making their own luggage/saddlebags.

Kyle said he was going to bring up my suggestions at their next meeting.  I asked about delivery if I place a deposit when the sides are revealed in a couple of months.  Kyle said probably Q2, 2019, but hinted that maybe as soon as Q1, 2019.  I think I'm going to give myself a Valentines present and reserve mine this month.

I thought the 1772 connector is standard? Is it 3.3 or 6.6KWH?
    Go To Post #1
(02-07-2018, 03:23 PM)acentre Wrote: I thought the 1772 connector is standard? Is it 3.3 or 6.6KWH?

It is.  The 110v/22ov cable is an additional charging method for home use - just not at level-2 capacity.  Most people do not have a level-2 charging station in their garage.  That's what the Amazon link I provided shows.  It converts a standard NEMA 14-15 50 amp receptacle into a level-2 charging station with a J1772 plug on the end of its charging cable.  My kitchen had an electric range installed at some time in the past.  I prefer gas, so do not use that NEMA 14-50 receptacle.  It's my intent to have an electrician disconnect it from my service panel and run a new 50 amp circuit over to the area of my garage where I intend to park the FUV.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071K874MG/_en...5730&psc=1
    Go To Post #1
(02-07-2018, 08:00 PM)jimball Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 03:23 PM)acentre Wrote: I thought the 1772 connector is standard? Is it 3.3 or 6.6KWH?

It is.  The 110v/22ov cable is an additional charging method for home use - just not at level-2 capacity.  Most people do not have a level-2 charging station in their garage.  That's what the Amazon link I provided shows.  It converts a standard NEMA 14-15 50 amp receptacle into a level-2 charging station with a J1772 plug on the end of its charging cable.  My kitchen had an electric range installed at some time in the past.  I prefer gas, so do not use that NEMA 14-50 receptacle.  It's my intent to have an electrician disconnect it from my service panel and run a new 50 amp circuit over to the area of my garage where I intend to park the FUV.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071K874MG/_en...5730&psc=1

That is an ev level 2 charger that is not hard wired. The onboard charger is 3.3KW as per Kyle. A 10kw battery would take 3 hrs to charge from 0, roughly, as there are other factors involve. A 6.6 would have cut the charge time in half.
    Go To Post #1
(02-08-2018, 03:01 AM)acentre Wrote: [quote pid='2341' dateline='1518017001']

That is an ev level 2 charger that is not hard wired. The onboard charger is 3.3KW as per Kyle. A 10kw battery would take 3 hrs to charge from 0, roughly, as there are other factors involve. A 6.6 would have cut the charge time in half.

[/quote]
That is correct.  My primary interest, as stated earlier in this thread, is for the ability to do level-2 recharging of the FUV from 50 amp NEMA 14-50 receptacles used at public & private campgrounds.  Having the power & speed of level 2 recharging at home is just a bonus.
    Go To Post #1
Regard charging- the critical thing for me about charging is what the charger can handle and what is best for the batteries. Overheating the batteries is not good. It will be interesting what Arcimoto has for BMS . Some BMS had temperature sensors. 
The super chargers only charge to 80% and then slow down.