Drinking the Kool-Aid
    Go To Post #1
First off full disclosure, I'm a "FUV" long, or said another way "I've drank the kook-aid" because I believe humanity (as a whole) on various levels had made some pretty bad life-style choices

The question I have is,... are new "clean vehicles" designs (specifically Arcimoto) going to TURBO-kickstart car sharing? AND what of "FUV" stock?? 

To illustrate what I pondering (about some of my own environmental/economic concerns), check out of segment of an HBO VICE news documentary

Started thinking about that question after a going to a "Clean Car Expo" which offered a free look at low-emissions vehicles

www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/energy-green/sd-fi-cleancar-expo-20180305-story.html

FWIW seems the financial entertainment industry, agrees car sharing isn't just a passing fad,... CNBC Cramer "Ride-sharing is killing car sales—and it's only going to get worse" 

www.cnbc.com/video/2018/03/08/cramer-ride-sharing-is-killing-car-sales-and-its-going-to-get-worse.html
    Go To Post #1
(03-11-2018, 09:18 PM)ben Wrote: First off full disclosure, I'm a "FUV" long, or said another way "I've drank the kook-aid" because I believe humanity (as a whole) on various levels had made some pretty bad life-style choices

The question I have is,... are new "clean vehicles" designs (specifically Arcimoto) going to TURBO-kickstart car sharing? AND what of "FUV" stock?? 

To illustrate what I pondering (about some of my own environmental/economic concerns), check out of segment of an HBO VICE news documentary

Started thinking about that question after a going to a "Clean Car Expo" which offered a free look at low-emissions vehicles

www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/energy-green/sd-fi-cleancar-expo-20180305-story.html

FWIW seems the financial entertainment industry, agrees car sharing isn't just a passing fad,... CNBC Cramer "Ride-sharing is killing car sales—and it's only going to get worse" 

www.cnbc.com/video/2018/03/08/cramer-ride-sharing-is-killing-car-sales-and-its-going-to-get-worse.html
When it comes to your environmental and economic concerns, only one minuscule level of humanity has made some bad choices that seriously impacts the whole of humanity. 

“One hundred senators, 435 congressman, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices that equates to 545 human beings out of 300 Million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country”.   Charley Reese

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
(03-12-2018, 03:55 PM)Rickb Wrote: When it comes to your environmental and economic concerns, only one minuscule level of humanity has made some bad choices that seriously impacts the whole of humanity. 

“One hundred senators, 435 congressman, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices that equates to 545 human beings out of 300 Million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country”.   Charley Reese

huh,

only one minuscule level,... seriously impacts the whole of humanity?

aren't you forgetting about the contribution of local politicians and the associated bureaucracy??

then what of the profession most likely to be politicians???

according to google,... 

Of the 535 members of the 88th Congress, no less than 315 are lawyers. Sixty‐six of the 100 Senators have had legal training, as have 57 per cent, or 249, of those in the House.

speaking of lawyers,... typed in "arcimoto" and searched for "news" and found

Robbins Arroyo LLP: Arcimoto, Inc. (FUV) Misled Shareholders According to a Recently Filed Class Action

March 19, 2018 02:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time

SAN DIEGO & EUGENE, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Shareholder rights law firm Robbins Arroyo LLP announces that purchasers of Arcimoto, Inc. (NASDAQCM: FUV) have filed a class action complaint against the company's officers and directors for alleged misrepresentations and omissions made during the company's initial public offering ("IPO") on September 21, 2017. Arcimoto is attempting to make a three-wheeled electric vehicle.

Attorney Advertising. Past results do not guarantee a similar outcome.

www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180319006160/en/Robbins-Arroyo-LLP-Arcimoto-FUV-Misled-Shareholders

FWIW there is an interesting history of class-action lawyers (from my neck of the woods)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/12/business/12legal.html

https://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2010...y-light-1/

https://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2018...ctice-law/
    Go To Post #1
I saw that press release too and read through some of it. Its claims about Arcimoto don't seem to be all too connected to reality? I'm wondering if it's just a fishing exposition. Claim misrepresentation and see if something sticks.

Arcimoto's statements on investment risks in their circular were ridiculously thorough and they always preface any talk of progress and future plans with tons of caveats. I'm no lawyer but I just don't see that there's anything there.
[+] 1 user Likes Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
Good thing this didn’t happen to the Wright brothers!
    Go To Post #1
Ugh, we have too many lawyers in this country.
    Go To Post #1
(03-21-2018, 10:05 PM)Tightapex Wrote: Ugh, we have too many lawyers in this country.
And preachers.

What do you call a boatload of lawyers on a sinking ship in the middle of the ocean?

A good start...
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
Didn't happen to the Wright brothers? But it did. They spent years enbroiled in patent litigation, and became so embittered about America that they sent the original Flier to London and would not allow it to be displayed in America during their lifetimes. Historical detsils they don't teach in school.
[+] 1 user Likes DanCooper's post
    Go To Post #1
(03-21-2018, 02:44 PM)Kepesk Wrote: I saw that press release too and read through some of it.  Its claims about Arcimoto don't seem to be all too connected to reality?  I'm wondering if it's just a fishing exposition.  Claim misrepresentation and see if something sticks.

Arcimoto's statements on investment risks in their circular were ridiculously thorough and they always preface any talk of progress and future plans with tons of caveats.  I'm no lawyer but I just don't see that there's anything there.

again doing a "news" search,... found,...

This update showcases both the Company’s accomplishments since its September 21, 2017 debut on NASDAQ, and how it is moving expeditiously towards significant vehicle production.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20...AMP-Update

perhaps it was just serendipity, BUT IMHO think this FUV (FuckU Vulture-Lawyers) video 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRbF_8cCVy0

shows,...

Arcimoto [DID NOT] materially misled the investing public regarding its ability to deliver vehicles to paying customers and failed to disclose that commercial production was not feasible due to the company's inability to produce a safe, reliable, and properly working product 

[sarcasm ON]

PS FWIW

the "first" talking head in the FUV video, seem to be a pretty shifty old guy character,... who IMHO does not know $hit about business or investing!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Hambrecht

[sarcasm OFF]
    Go To Post #1
Sadly, too many people are simply willing to believe what they read about any subject matter without taking the time to fact check if it fits what they think.  It’s why our democracy is being jeopardized.  We need to “Make America Smart Again!”  America was already great and that swamp some people refer to, has turned into a cesspool.  

“Don’t believe everything you think.”  With that said, I believe most of what I think about Arcimoto and the FUV. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post