Pictures & 'Smart Tint'
    Go To Post #1
Ever hear of glass bottom boats? Well...

Parking a problem? Maybe not...

Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Maybe tinting the upper glass wouldn't hurt?
    Go To Post #1
FUVs in the park!

An example of the meaning of the word, trust...

This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post
    Go To Post #1
Wow! The Orange FUV certainly stands out.
[+] 1 user Likes Buzzard Bait's post
    Go To Post #1
I am definitely going to talk to Arc, about this- i have had a vehicle with sun roof and I hated the sun blasting on me- Strong tinted or solid will be fine with me. Must be my baby blues are sensitive.
[+] 1 user Likes PAX's post
    Go To Post #1
The one feature I would like to see added is a sun visor, perhaps typical to those used in small planes.

Attached Files
.jpeg   58412771-7AAA-4831-BA5E-3464D9FEF745.jpeg (Size: 39.61 KB / Downloads: 101)

[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
(04-03-2018, 04:20 AM)PAX Wrote: I am definitely going to talk to Arc, about this- i have had a vehicle with sun roof and I hated the sun blasting on me- Strong tinted or solid will be fine with me. Must be my baby blues are sensitive.

If Arcimoto does not offer it, I plan to take mine down to the local auto glass shop and have them do the roof with the darkest mirrored tint film they have, and maybe a few inches wide stripe of a windshield tint along the top edge of the windshield.  The summer sun in Kansas cooks...
    Go To Post #1
In the Summer it should be OK with the sides open. If it is too bright there are sunglasses. I am thinking more motorcycle than car, and I like motorcycles more than cars.
    Go To Post #1
A member in chat last night suggested some kind of simple interior sliding 'pull screen' set up...
Giving you  both options of moon and stars at night and protection on hot sunny days.
It could actually be fitted into small runner grooves on the frame tubes...

Someone needs to figure out a design and material that would not end up flapping in the wind.
Maybe heavily tinted spring loaded rolled up vinyl similar to the visor material shown in Rick's picture?

No... wait. Too complicated. Scratch all that. We need the whole thing to be one giant transitions lens.
There actually is photochromic film for auto windows available out there. But it looks like it has serious limitations.

Something even more effective is 'Smart Tint' electrochromic film. DIY with your choice of seven colors.

http://www.SmartTint.com

If it would be possible for Arcimoto to be even cooler than they already are...
They could contract out their poly roof material to be infused with photochromatic dye.
OR... Have have their poly roof made in a 'Switchglass' sandwich configuration.

But the simplest and best solution would be for them to offer a factory 'Smart Tint' installation option.

Just turn the dial and make the canopy as opaque as you want whenever you want.
The thing that got me is that it's "dimmable".

Another important consideration is how long will it take...
For those beautiful FUV seats to deteriorate if they're left sitting in the direct sun?

Any one of these would get a lot of worldwide attention!
And make your FUV the coolest one in town.

Now THAT would work.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post
    Go To Post #1
Open air riding at night is one of my favorite things to do. I would definitely be against a permanent light-blocking solution.