Trunk? With AC Vents
    Go To Post #1
Here's a look at an optional upgrade for the Arcimoto FUV.

Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
They confirmed on Instagram that the vent is for an air conditioner. Exciting!!!
    Go To Post #1
Air conditioning- really. I think the AC  would be more efficient if there were doors on the FUV.
    Go To Post #1
I guess the laser cannon got prioritized behind silly things like doors and trailer hitches.
[+] 1 user Likes AnimalCage's post
    Go To Post #1
Thanks for this post Dale, AM must be real tight on space in the front if they need to put the AC in the rear. If the options are AC or a Trunk guess I will not be ordering the AC as a trunk is far more important. Just thought I'd also mention that it does look really nice.
[+] 1 user Likes ricschug's post
    Go To Post #1
My guess- This is probably for the radiator hot air flow out  which interesting enough could be reversed to a heater in cooler weather. The radiator won't take up much space but there has to be a fan and that will need some space.  I agree that storage space is a big issue with these vehicles. What do you think the cost will be? 

I personally have a moral issue with the standard type of compressed refrigerant cooling and heating. These Freon  type refrigerants are super nasty contributors to the greenhouse effect that is heating our world. Sure- they are okay until they escape but escape they do. There are better options - one being CO2 refrigerant. In fact we heat our house and domestic water with a CO2 heat pump.  CO2 has a green house gas effect of 1 and the standard refrigerants are at 1000 or more.
    Go To Post #1
The cost of AC option on the Solo was $1k, but EMV stated awhile ago that it’s now standard equipment.

Perhaps the space above or below the honeycomb opening will be functional storage space.  Best to see a FUV configured with the AC option to determine how much storage space is lost.  We may be surprised how compact the AC Unit is needed to efficiently cool down the small cabin space.  I also assume there will be aftermarket soft/hardcase storage solutions.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
I for one don't see myself getting the AC option if the doors are as easily removable as has been suggested.

Besides, it doesn't seem likely to me that the AC option will be comparable with the folding seat option, and that I DO need.
    Go To Post #1
No AC requirement in my mild 4 season climate, but the candybutt I am requires a heated cabin.  I can’t imagine the AC option wouldn’t be compatible with the fold down seat.  Although, the AC appears to occupy valuable cargo space so perhaps it is an either/or scenario. Curious minds want to know.

Go To Post #1
The FUV isn't a car and I don't want a car. Heating and AC will shorten the range a lot and take up space. In a small vehicle I don't want to waste space. Heates seats and hand grips will be enough. To make it toastier I can put a space heater in the cabin while it is charging. Removable sides are enough for summer.