Arcimoto FAQ
    Go To Post #1
From the Arcimoto website...
"FAQ  The Arcimoto SRK Generation 8 electric vehicle is now available for reservation throughout the 50 United States as well as internationally."

The details are here...  Arcimoto FAQ Page
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
I see the SRK Owner's membership is growing to include our good friends at Arcimoto.

I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the SRK ETC Reveal........coming soon. The SRK is going to be one sweet and fun to drive three wheel commuter as confirmed by test drivers.  Since I am old and retired mine is targeted for pure fun and will be my first motorcycle purchase in my 53 years of driving.  My first car a '59 VW.  The SRK has potential to become as wildly crazy popular as the VW Bug, for the new city commuter age.

I saw a recent Arcimoto marketing video of the SRK zipping down a golf course fairway! Turf tire option for the SRK when used on the golf course?  Smile

Go To Post #1
I don't think the SRK belongs on a golf course because it is a roadworthy vehicle, and is capable of speeds that would not mix safely with golfers and golf carts. Also, the form of the SRK is reminiscent of a golf cart but functionally it is nothing like one. It is best to keep the public from getting them confused.

I am an engineer and I am always amusing myself by designing stuff. That is how I found Arcimoto. I drew up specifications for the perfect vehicle (for my needs) and then searched to find out if anyone was working on it. Arcimoto provides enough information that I can check many features of the design. I am very impressed. Like the Prius, they have done everything the way I would have done it.
    Go To Post #1
The SRK doesn't belong on the golf course and no golf course superintendent is going to allow it, but a very nice ride to the golf course.

I agree that the SRK is well designed, engineered, and checks nearly all the boxes for my needs with the hard shell enclosure panel option. I like the fact that I could ride open air on the nicest days. The Gen 8 was the breakthrough Prototype going from steering wheel to handlebar steering and shedding alot of vehicle weight. A smart Team with a smart business model.

Go To Post #1
I want to figure out which battery option I want. I made a spreadsheet which simulates the SRK power consumption as a function of speed, grade, and load. The first thing I found out is that there were no big surprises. The calculations, based on reasonable guesses for rolling resistance, drag coefficient, and drive train and battery efficiency, give plausible results. The specified ranges are achieved at 30 mph, a reasonable city average.

I will keep track of the trips I might use the SRK for, and calculate the battery capacity that would be required. So far, my round trip commute uses a bit less than half the range of the base battery pack, and a trip to the ski hill and back uses a bit more than half of the range of the base battery pack.

If anybody wants to run this for their own trip, divide the trip into segments and give the distance, speed, and grade for each, and I will run it through.
    Go To Post #1
If anyone is interested, the headroom on an FUV is 42" for driver and 41" for passenger, per Kyle at Arcimoto. I only asked because I'm long-torsoed, and have trouble fitting in to some vehicles.
    Go To Post #1
(06-27-2017, 10:25 PM)DanCooper Wrote: I want to figure out which battery option I want.  I made a spreadsheet which simulates the SRK power consumption as a function of speed, grade, and load.  The first thing I found out is that there were no big surprises.  The calculations, based on reasonable guesses for rolling resistance, drag coefficient, and drive train and battery efficiency, give plausible results.  The specified ranges are achieved at 30 mph, a reasonable city average.

I will keep track of the trips I might use the SRK for, and calculate the battery capacity that would be required.  So far, my round trip commute uses a bit less than half the range of the base battery pack, and a trip to the ski hill and back uses a bit more than half of the range of the base battery pack.

If anybody wants to run this for their own trip, divide the trip into segments and give the distance, speed, and grade for each, and I will run it through.

how much more for the long range pack?might as well go long....
    Go To Post #1
(02-07-2018, 03:20 PM)acentre Wrote: how much more for the long range pack?might as well go long....

I asked Arcimoto this question last year and was told approximately $3,000.00 for the upgrade.  It's an essential upgrade for me.  The major shopping hub for me is Joplin, Mo. 35 miles away.
    Go To Post #1
(02-07-2018, 08:20 PM)jimball Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 03:20 PM)acentre Wrote: how much more for the long range pack?might as well go long....

I asked Arcimoto this question last year and was told approximately $3,000.00 for the upgrade.  It's an essential upgrade for me.  The major shopping hub for me is Joplin, Mo. 35 miles away.
Would you feel comfortable with a base model 100 mile range?  My understanding is the new battery pack has upped the base model range from 70 to 100 miles.  Can anyone confirm that?

Go To Post #1
"Would you feel comfortable with a base model 100 mile range? My understanding is the new battery pack has upped the base model range from 70 to 100 miles. Can anyone confirm that? "

That gives me a little less safety margin, but should be doable - depending on what our actual current drain is with it carrying two old fat people and towing a motorcycle trailer.