Arcimoto FAQ
    Go To Post #1
Out of curiosity, why would you tow a motorcycle trailer to go shopping in Joplin?
    Go To Post #1
(02-08-2018, 07:28 AM)SparkE Wrote: Out of curiosity, why would you tow a motorcycle trailer to go shopping in Joplin?

Extended cargo capacity.  The basic FUV, even with the rear clamshell, only has room for a couple of bags of groceries.  Joplin has a Sam's Club in addition to hundreds of retail stores that I do not have in my little home town.
    Go To Post #1
Oh - a "motorcycle trailer" is a trailer meant to be towed by a motorcycle, and NOT (as I assumed) a trailer to pull a motorcycle behind a vehicle. DOH!
    Go To Post #1
(02-08-2018, 05:52 PM)SparkE Wrote: Oh - a "motorcycle trailer" is a trailer meant to be towed by a motorcycle, and NOT (as I assumed) a trailer to pull a motorcycle behind a vehicle. DOH!

[Image: trailer0001.jpg]

I currently tow this behind my Honda Silverwing.
    Go To Post #1
(02-08-2018, 07:00 PM)jimball Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 05:52 PM)SparkE Wrote: Oh - a "motorcycle trailer" is a trailer meant to be towed by a motorcycle, and NOT (as I assumed) a trailer to pull a motorcycle behind a vehicle. DOH!

[Image: trailer0001.jpg]

I currently tow this behind my Honda Silverwing.
Any idea about how much that trailer weighs?

I am also looking at needing more storage on the FUV.   at times two of go to Costco and try to buy one of everything and at the moment I don't see doing that on the Arcimoto without more carrying capacity.
    Go To Post #1
I got it from Mini Trailer USA. 200lb empty.

https://minitrailerusa.com/shadow-trailer.htm
    Go To Post #1
There are a number of different brands of small, lightweight motorcycle trailers.  Some have molded fiberglass or plastic bodies to reduce the weight even further.  I've seen homemade ones where an auto rooftop cargo box is mated to a 40" x 48" Harbor Freight trailer frame.  The Shadow trailer I own has 14 cu ft. of cargo space, which is more than needed for just grocery shopping, but just right for all my camping gear.  One nice feature of the trailer is a place in front of the cargo box to attach an ice chest - definitely a plus when grocery shopping 35 miles from home.
[Image: lake0006.jpg]
    Go To Post #1
Nice rig!
    Go To Post #1
One reason for the FUV besides fun is to develop a lifestyle that will make a sustainable future possible. Another part of that will be to consume a lot less stuff. I can hardly ever envision a shopping trip that would more than fill the rear seat of an FUV. The main exception is construction supplies. That is what pickup trucks are for.
    Go To Post #1
(02-09-2018, 03:27 PM)DanCooper Wrote: One reason for the FUV besides fun is to develop a lifestyle that will make a sustainable future possible. Another part of that will be to consume a lot less stuff. I can hardly ever envision a shopping trip that would more than fill the rear seat of an FUV. The main exception is construction supplies. That is what pickup trucks are for.

I agree with your thinking. Our issue is if two people go shopping they tend to take up the seats so more space is needed for groceries.
I use our E-truck for hauling . Pic is 40 pieces of Hardy lap siding on 4' x12' pallet.-  600-700 lbs
[Image: Pick_me_up.jpg]