The Fast Life partnership
    Go To Post #1
Arcimoto appears to have another partnership, this one with an outfit in Costa Rica. Check it out!

http://jmventuresllc.com/#wpforms-763
[+] 1 user Likes Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
(07-31-2018, 05:01 AM)Kepesk Wrote: Arcimoto appears to have another partnership, this one with an outfit in Costa Rica.  Check it out!

http://jmventuresllc.com/#wpforms-763

This should help the stock price. AM keeps looking more and more like a solid company, time to start shipping!!
    Go To Post #1
If you take a look at the FUV info tab at that site it mentions "additional Charging: Solar Roof Panel". I wonder about that. Perhaps you can get the energy for 1.67 miles per hour with a solar roof. If I am parked at work for a day I can recharge enough to drive home. I am assuming that a panel can generate 250W per hour and the Arcimoto will use 150W per mile. If priced at $500 or less it might be an interesting add-on.
    Go To Post #1
(07-31-2018, 02:23 PM)shome Wrote: If you take a look at the FUV info tab at that site it mentions "additional Charging: Solar Roof Panel".  I wonder about that.  Perhaps you can get the energy for 1.67 miles per hour with a solar roof.  If I am parked at work for a day I can recharge enough to drive home.  I am assuming that a panel can generate 250W per hour and the Arcimoto will use 150W per mile.  If priced at $500 or less it might be an interesting add-on.

In my area I count on @ 5 hrs a day of good sunlight so a 250w panel should get me about 8.3 miles if we assume the 150w/mile, guess it would depend on the cost but it doesn't seem like the best option for me.
    Go To Post #1
With my commute being 37.5 miles each way, 75 miles round trip needs the extended range battery for sure. An 8 mile bump in mileage would add to that safety net that gets me home with about 30-35% left in the battery.
    Go To Post #1
(07-31-2018, 03:40 PM)AnimalCage Wrote: With my commute being 37.5 miles each way, 75 miles round trip needs the extended range battery for sure.  An 8 mile bump in mileage would add to that safety net that gets me home with about 30-35% left in the battery.

In summer, yes. In winter, you'd be lucky to make it home (lower range due to cold batteries, and the heater running).

I would highly recommend trying to convince your work to allow you to charge there. Even worst case scenario (120V charging), you should be able to add 40 miles of range in an 8-hour work day. And all you would need is a 120V outdoor plug.
[+] 2 users Like SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
(07-31-2018, 04:37 PM)SparkE Wrote: In summer, yes. In winter, you'd be lucky to make it home (lower range due to cold batteries, and the heater running).

I would highly recommend trying to convince your work to allow you to charge there. Even worst case scenario (120V charging), you should be able to add 40 miles of range in an 8-hour work day. And all you would need is a 120V outdoor plug.

Agreed, my trip will be 23 miles one way, since I am self employed my intention is to install an outdoor plug (220V) and just continue to write off the use on my taxes Smile

At home I have 2kw of Solar panels and am in the process of adding more so at home it will be Sun power, just not roof mounted.
    Go To Post #1
(07-31-2018, 04:37 PM)SparkE Wrote: In summer, yes. In winter, you'd be lucky to make it home (lower range due to cold batteries, and the heater running).

Work has agreed to consider the option when I get my FUV. As far as winter, I have a Yukon and a Subaru, so I'm not dependent on the FUV during the cold weather.