FUV Beta Series
    Go To Post #1
What’s your opinions of the required Center Headlight design on the Betas?  I would have preferred a less obtrusive, narrow LED Headlamp to better blend into the styling of the front end/grill assembly. Perhaps many designs were considered and this was the most feasible design and cost effective option.  EMV had a similar challenge in designing the required SOLO head light.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Go To Post #1
This may be an interim step to meet State motorcycle classification requirements. A more integrated design will probably show up in the production model is my bet.
    Go To Post #1
(08-25-2018, 10:10 PM)Rickb Wrote: What’s your opinions of the required Center Headlight design on the Betas?  I would have preferred a less obtrusive, narrow LED Headlamp to better blend into the styling of the front end/grill assembly. Perhaps many designs were considered and this was the most feasible design and cost effective option.  EMV had a similar challenge in designing the required SOLO head light.

Myself I want my headlights to be as wide and far apart as possible; its a safety thing. Folks often say that they didn't see the motorcycle (single/center headlight).
Maybe the lights are a poor attempt at driving lights?
    Go To Post #1
(08-25-2018, 10:35 PM)jimball Wrote: This may be an interim step to meet State motorcycle classification requirements.  A more integrated design will probably show up in the production model is my bet.

The Center headlight configuration was designed and engineered as a change to the Beta Fleet to meet the ‘federal’ motorcycle validation requirement.  I think it is what it is,  but hope for a less obtrusive and more stylish solution.

Go To Post #1
(08-25-2018, 11:04 PM)Rickb Wrote: The Center headlight configuration was designed and engineered as a change to the Beta Fleet to meet the ‘federal’ motorcycle validation requirement.  I think it is what it is,  but hope for a less obtrusive and more stylish solution.

I had completely forgot that there are federal requirements. Rolleyes
    Go To Post #1
Jimball is correct. A member of the A Team told me today that the protruding headlights are not the permanent solution.
[+] 1 user Likes Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
Thanks for verification of Jimball’s good sense!

Go To Post #1
(08-25-2018, 10:37 PM)ricschug Wrote: Myself I want my headlights to be as wide and far apart as possible; its a safety thing. Folks often say that they didn't see the motorcycle (single/center headlight).
Maybe the lights are a poor attempt at driving lights?

I sure agree with your thoughts- narrow seems dangerous on a wide vehicle. Maybe the requirement can be rewritten. i saw a 3 wheel gas one the other day and it had narrow spaced headlights and is about as wide as the FUV
    Go To Post #1
does anyone know what the feds specifically require? This would be a very stupid requirement but it wouldn't be the first stupid government requirement I've heard of. Lets hope that AM doesn't remove the existing two wider headlights in the process. That would be a serious mistake

Maybe AM will integrate a small LED light bar into that front panel, note I said integrate in not bolted on, and call it a third headlight. Guess it depends what the stupid requirement is. Hopefully AM is getting to the bottom of true requirement.
    Go To Post #1
(08-26-2018, 01:14 PM)ricschug Wrote: does anyone know what the feds specifically require? This would be a very stupid requirement but it wouldn't be the first stupid government requirement I've heard of. Lets hope that AM doesn't remove the existing two wider headlights in the process. That would be a serious mistake

Maybe AM will integrate a small LED light bar into that front panel, note I said integrate in not bolted on, and call it a third headlight. Guess it depends what the stupid requirement is. Hopefully AM is getting to the bottom of true requirement.
Federal NHTSA Motorcycle Manufacturing requirements to validate the FUV (Fun Utility Motorcycle).  Lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment page 35:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/DOT/NHTSA/Rulemaki...pkg002.pdf