HyperChange Video
    Go To Post #1
Here's a video about Arcimoto from a financial perspective.

[+] 3 users Like Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
Great post!
    Go To Post #1
FWIW at the recent EV test drive day,

https://www.sdge.com/electric-vehicle-day-2018

it just hit me that just like an "investors" roadshow where its said,... 

Quote:"Arcimoto is 'catalyzing the shift towards a sustainable transportation system" 

www.proactiveinvestors.com/companies/stocktube/10589/arcimoto-is-catalyzing-the-shift-towards-a-sustainable-transportation-system--10589.html

what we have is essentially was battle for hearts, minds AND pocket book

anyway the EV drive event was set up so that you could select three vehicles to drive around a parking lot,... not much of a test drive actually, more like an opportunity to see how well an EV maneuvers in a crowded environment,... and using that metric, I'd say the FUV had the best all round ability to spot various obstacles

to make sure there was some kind of order in the queue, individuals were given a numbered ticket w/ a picture of the vehicle

I was able to keep my numbered ticket for the FUV, and that got me thinking there was a missed opportunity to do some advertising for potential buyers

Basically I was thinking next time there is test drive why not print up some postcard to give away to the crowd? I thought of this idea because at the EV event there were some old electric powered VWs

http://www.zelectricmotors.com

so why not pay homage to the original transportation vehicle upstart?? 

specifically found out back in the day VW had a "think small" ad champaign, and thought simple postcards based on an old ad champaign might be just the ticket to get the general public interested in a new type of people's EV

(see example PDF "postcard" I put together and posted on GoogleDocs to get an exact idea of what I have in mind)

www.TinyURL.com/ThinkFUV

... seems you can get postcards printed up at a pretty low per unit cost

https://www.vistaprint.com/marketing-mat.../postcards
    Go To Post #1
Think BIG!  Drive Small! Be Smart!  Have Fun!  Save Money!

My first car a ‘59 VW.  My first motorcycle a 2019 $FUV.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Pretty good video. at the end he makes a point that I have been asking myself. Who will buy it and what is the target market.  A small commuting vehicle is one big market but many things have to be upgraded and others addressed. some are simple like doors and secure storage area. but I also wonder about  some one with two kids who need to go to day care on way to work ( in WA as a motorcycle, kids under 5 or 6 can not ride on/in it) . There isn't room for two kids even if it was legal. There are already a few and there will soon be more small electric cars that will fill that niche. And with out doors and storage - as RED is at the moment- an enclosed vehicle is more comfortable and user friendly.  it is really fun to drive and we use it around town all the time. The Utility part needs a lot of work.   I took Susan to the train station last week and on way back I decided to stop at a hardware store to get somethings. I had not planned ahead and I did not bring anything to carry the items in the FUV,  fortunately they fit on the mini dash board in front of the steering shaft, Now we keep a cloth bag hanging on the rear of the front seat.  In my E-truck i would have just thrown the parts on the front seat.    a couple of weeks ago Susan had several places to go and needed to carry things that would be left in the vehicle at times, She took our old beater e-truck. And she likes driving the FUV and would have preferred it.

granted the FUV will not be right for every one but  I think AM needs to work on making it work for everyday people not just people who want another interesting vehicle as a toy or a holiday fun experience.
    Go To Post #1
Market acceptance  for a three wheeler commuter is still unproven.  You make interesting points based on personal experience.  Will the hardshell enclosure panels and or the rear storage Tail Box solve your issues with not being able to carry or securely store things in the vehicle?  The primary target market is likely the urban commuter market. Statistics indicate 75% of trips are solo and an additional 10% with one other person.  If one has kids to regularly drop off on their daily commute the Arcimoto is not functional.  The Arcimoto will be a supplement to my primary vehicle.  I will have to plan my day to determine which vehicle I choose to drive when heading out for the day.  Also, I anticipate limited use during the winter months in my 4 season climate.  I fully understand the Arcimoto is a motorcycle classed vehicle with a broader use than your typical motorcycle.  Arcimoto should meet the needs of a wide range of demographics and out sell Harley Davidson and or any other current motorcycle manufacturer.  Time will tell.

Does the rear seat back fold down on the Sig Series and or on the production model?

Go To Post #1
It definitely needs *something* like a "trunk", which doesn't have to be huge; it just has to lock and keep things out of site. A "replace rear seat with something" (removable seat and a "box" to take its place) would be nice.

But as it stands, it is fine for (maybe) 1-25% of the US population AS A SECOND VEHICLE. (which, IMO, is just fine).
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
No fold down seat Actually i was not really impressed with the fold down seat- as the seat back took up a lot of space- My wife gets more groceries in the back seat than the full down seat would allow. Doors and luggage box would be a good start to making it more of a utility vehicle. having a glove box, built in cubby holes would also be good. I know about the single drivers but remember that a lot of the run errands when heading home and have stuff to carry.

SparkE- as a second vehicle it will not meet the goal of AM of being a game changing vehicle.
[+] 2 users Like PAX's post
    Go To Post #1
My old mini-van (had it before the kids grew up) had *removable* seats that locked in place. I'd love a similar thing for the FUV - replace it with a locakable "cargo bin".
[+] 2 users Like SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
Maybe AM could consider your suggestion. A rail system on the battery box to allow a rear seat, or storage bin, or may other possibilities. MY Polaris ATV has a system like this that allows for different options/configurations of mounting things. This would probably require a bunch of crash and safety retesting so maybe this is down the road. Still a good idea.