WooHoo! Arcimoto in KC this weekend!
    Go To Post #1
I have waited a long time to see one of these bad boys.  Won't let a little rain stop me.
    Go To Post #1
My wife and I test drove Arcimoto’s and toured the AMP on Thursday.  Our overall review of the marketing team members, the FUV, the activity, and progress being made at the AMP- - - - -WooHoo!

[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Leaving for KC in a few minutes! Light rain there, but that ain't stopping me. Big Grin I'll try to take lots of pictures.
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
(10-06-2018, 02:47 PM)jimball Wrote: Leaving for KC in a few minutes!  Light rain there, but that ain't stopping me. Big Grin I'll try to take lots of pictures.

This is exciting, enjoy and let us know how dry you and your passenger stay. Excitement builds and my ride is Monday.
Photo      Go To Post #1
(10-06-2018, 03:15 PM)ricschug Wrote: This is exciting, enjoy and let us know how dry you and your passenger stay. Excitement builds and my ride is Monday.

Back from Kansas City!  We missed the rain.  It rained overnight & early in the morning, but by the time the event kicked off, it was just a light mist - and that quit a little later.  The weather was quite cool in the mid-50s, but otherwise it was perfect.  We had the same three Signature series FUVs that were just in NYC a few days ago.
Believe it or not, I'm grinning from ear to ear in the pic below.  I don't know why my expression is so severe as my mood was the exact opposite!

[Image: 20181006_143614.jpg]

[Image: 20181006_132411.jpg]

[Image: 20181006_144036.jpg]

[Image: 20181006_140612.jpg]

Test drive impressions?  Pretty much in line with every other test drive review that's been posted.  That throttle is sensitive!  The acceleration is very brisk - and will probably lead to a few "stoplight drag races." Angel
The regen braking is spot-on.  Just remember to use the foot brake when stopping at traffic signs & lights and when parking.  The foot brake is the one thing I will need to relearn.  Although every other motorcycle I ever owned had a foot brake, my Honda Silverwing does not, so I'm out of the habit.
Although the weather was chilly, I was perfectly comfortable once moving.  At the lower speeds we were driving on the streets, I did not notice any wind.  Some people have complained about the low speed steering effort.  I already ride a motorcycle trike and did not notice it.  My wife enjoyed her passenger ride.  She felt almost no breeze either.  I'm thinking the fabric door option will be enough for us, especially with the heated grips & seats.  (awesome, btw.)

One more quick observation: One of the most fun things was standing around & chatting with other people who actually knew what an FUV was. Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
(10-06-2018, 11:42 PM)jimball Wrote: Back from Kansas City!  We missed the rain.  It rained overnight & early in the morning, but by the time the event kicked off, it was just a light mist - and that quit a little later.  The weather was quite cool in the mid-50s, but otherwise it was perfect.  We had the same three Signature series FUVs that were just in NYC a few days ago.
Believe it or not, I'm grinning from ear to ear in the pic below.  I don't know why my expression is so severe as my mood was the exact opposite!

[Image: 20181006_143614.jpg]

[Image: 20181006_132411.jpg]

[Image: 20181006_144036.jpg]

[Image: 20181006_140612.jpg]

Test drive impressions?  Pretty much in line with every other test drive review that's been posted.  That throttle is sensitive!  The acceleration is very brisk - and will probably lead to a few "stoplight drag races." Angel
The regen braking is spot-on.  Just remember to use the foot brake when stopping as traffic signs & lights and when parking.  The foot brake is the one thing I will need to relearn.  Although every other motorcycle I ever owned had a foot brake, my Honda Silverwing does not, so I'm out of the habit.
Although the weather was chilly, I was perfectly comfortable once moving.  At the lower speeds we were driving on the streets, I did not notice any wind.  Some people have complained about the low speed steering effort.  I already ride a motorcycle trike and did not notice it.  My wife enjoyed her passenger ride.  She felt almost no breeze either.  I'm thinking the fabric door option will be enough for us, especially with the heated grips & seats.  (awesome, btw.)

One more quick observation:  One of the most fun things was standing around & chatting with other people who actually knew what an FUV was. Big Grin

I agree with Jimball's overall assessment.  The only surprise was that we were told that the hard side door option would be permanent.  In other words, not removable.  Not sure why but I am going to go soft side option anyway so not a problem for me.  Great day even though the weather was not the best.  Thanks to the Arcimoto crew for giving us this wonderful opportunity.
[Image: 20181006_131528.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like gregbinahurry's post
    Go To Post #1
My favorite feature is or maybe was the ‘convertible’ hardshell enclosure option.  I’m hoping to take them off for open air rides on the nicest of days. 

Eric & Joe took my wife and I out as passengers on a couple of Betas.  They drove us out to a high elevation overlook park in Eugene.  The Vehicle handled the steep inclines with Little effort and plenty of power and acceleration to spare.  It was a breezy ride in the passenger seat, but overall comfortable enough on a nice day.  My wife and I drove the FUVs with Eric and Joe in the passenger seats on the trip back to the AMP.  After a short how to explanation and demo by Eric & Joe, we both felt comfortable driving and navigating the FUV through the relatively light City of Eugene traffic.  My wife was a little reluctant, at first, but decided to take advantage of the driving experience, and glad she did. Overall awesome experience thanks to Eric and Joe.

What amazed me was people’s reactions as we drove back. When we got to the overlook park a group asked to take photos and several times on the drive back, people shouted out what is it, can I buy one......along with many waves and thumbs up. The reactions may be a good indicator of early on market acceptance.

[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
I'm thinking the soft doors will work for me if they are removable. I'm envisioning something like the old Jeep CJ5 doors. Winters are generally mild here in the southeastern corner of Kansas. Blocking the wind on the colder days. and blocking the rain should go a long way toward making the FUV a 4-season vehicle for me.
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
(10-07-2018, 06:27 PM)jimball Wrote: I'm thinking the soft doors will work for me if they are removable.  I'm envisioning something like the old Jeep CJ5 doors.  Winters are generally mild here in the southeastern corner of Kansas.  Blocking the wind on the colder days. and blocking the rain should go a long way toward making the FUV a 4-season vehicle for me.

Removable doors is important to me so soft doors look like the answer, this is fine with me. Perhaps the hard doors are a bit heavy to be removable.
    Go To Post #1
Monday is our day and the weather in Boulder is supposed to be 50s and possible rain. I'm almost hoping it does rain! Hopefully my impressions will be a good as all of you.