Ship & Store (Towing my FUV)
    Go To Post #1
Greetings,
I recently bought a 6' X 10' enclosed so that I have a way to haul Goldie to EV event beyond the driving range.  Also, since she generally resides in my little shop, I now have a place to keep her out of the weather if I need to use my shop.  It's a pretty tight squeeze to get in through the opening with only an extra inch on each side.  I couldn't get a larger trailer as it would have been too much for our Ford Escape to pull. When I put Goldie in there facing forward, I discovered that there was way too much weight on the tongue.  So when I use the trailer to tow her, I'll need to back in.
[Image: IMG_2672.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2674.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2673.jpg]
I'll be mounting a set of these tie downs.
[Image: Erickson_tie_down.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
I was wondering about tongue weight, given her 70/30 distribution. Are you able to measure your tongue weight with her going in backwards? Is there too much weight behind the axle? I was thinking about a 6 x 12 trailer to help with distribution.
    Go To Post #1
(10-08-2018, 02:07 AM)AnimalCage Wrote: I was wondering about tongue weight, given her 70/30 distribution.  Are you able to measure your tongue weight with her going in backwards?  Is there too much weight behind the axle?  I was thinking about a 6 x 12 trailer to help with distribution.

I have not yet been able to measure the weights.  I have a scale at work that goes to 400 lbs. I'll give this a try.  I would much prefer to have Goldie face forward into the trailer for transport as it's easier to maneuver into the trailer. but I think the only way I could do that is by moving the axle forward about a foot.  

Cheers,
    Go To Post #1
(10-08-2018, 04:24 PM)CreativeGuy Wrote: I have not yet been able to measure the weights.  I have a scale at work that goes to 400 lbs. I'll give this a try.  I would much prefer to have Goldie face forward into the trailer for transport as it's easier to maneuver into the trailer. but I think the only way I could do that is by moving the axle forward about a foot.  

Cheers,

I would try moving it back until you get the tongue weight you want. With luck you could still close the tail gate, if not maybe rebuild the gate area a bit. Put a bump out for the ass end of the FUV with a filler for when it is a ramp.

Tongue weight should be 9-15% of gross weight.   The 400 lbs scale will work. But the ultimate test is how it tows.
    Go To Post #1
(10-08-2018, 04:24 PM)CreativeGuy Wrote: I have not yet been able to measure the weights.  I have a scale at work that goes to 400 lbs. I'll give this a try.  I would much prefer to have Goldie face forward into the trailer for transport as it's easier to maneuver into the trailer. but I think the only way I could do that is by moving the axle forward about a foot.  

Cheers,

Hey Creative Guy.  I am looking at a trike trailer for my FUV and was wondering if you could give me a measurement from the outside of tire to outside of tire. The ramp width is only 59 1/2" even though the deck width is 63" so I am not sure if I can make it work.  Thanks in advance.
    Go To Post #1
(10-14-2018, 02:51 PM)gregbinahurry Wrote: Hey Creative Guy.  I am looking at a trike trailer for my FUV and was wondering if you could give me a measurement from the outside of tire to outside of tire. The ramp width is only 59 1/2" even though the deck width is 63" so I am not sure if I can make it work.  Thanks in advance.
The vehicle spec sheet (hard to find in Arcimoto's web site) says the track is 56.5". Track is usually measured center-to-center of the tires.
    Go To Post #1
Current specs, but better confirm with Arcimoto that the final Pilot Series specs didn’t change before you invest in a hauler.
[Image: 4-DE9-B2-E5-52-C2-41-DB-A461-660358-C3033-C.jpg]

Go To Post #1
Thanks guys.  I will definitely hold off on pulling the trigger until I know for sure.
[+] 1 user Likes gregbinahurry's post
    Go To Post #1
(10-14-2018, 07:33 PM)gregbinahurry Wrote: Thanks guys.  I will definitely hold off on pulling the trigger until I know for sure.
Nice Avatar! Greg, If you are in a hurry, A quick email question to Arcimoto would likely get you confirmation with in 24 hours.

Go To Post #1
Also, if by "trike trailer" you mean something to tow your FUV (rather than something you can tow WITH your FUV) - check with Arcimoto if they recommend towing it, and how.