New Category Arrangement
    Go To Post #1
Good afternoon!

I have been considering changing up the forum categories to make them a little more useful as more and more people start getting their hands on FUVs.  However, I don't want to do anything without running it past the other forum members, so please let me know what you think and throw in some suggestions, or let me know if the idea is terrible.  Here is what I'm thinking for the Arcimoto FUV section:

General FUV Discusion                 - Unchanged
In the News                                 - Unchanged
Events                                        - Formerly "FUV Events"
Photos and Video                        - Unchanged
Parts and Maintenance                 - Formerly "FUV Powertrain"
Upgrades and Options                 - Unchanged
Arcimoto Company and Stock     - Formerly "FUV Stock"
Production, and the AMP - Formerly "The AMP"
Purchase and Delivery                 - Merged categories "Delivery, Final Fees, and Incentives" and "Delivered FUVs"

I'm also considering taking the single topic in "Information and Resources" and just pinning it inside "General FUV Discussion" to eliminate that category.

What does everyone think?
[+] 1 user Likes Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
Looks like good changes. Simplified.
    Go To Post #1
Sounds great. Other EV forums I participate on have a forum area called "Technical Discussions" - that might be better than "Parts and Maintenance" or "FUV Powertrain".
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
Maybe "Tech, Repair, and Maintenance"?

The other idea I was thinking of was splitting it off into two sections, one for general info, purchasing, news, etc, and the other more technical section for production, maintenance, repair, etc. However, I think simpler is better, at least for now.
    Go To Post #1
I like this. Maybe sinplify it into even fewer categories. I do not browse by categories at all. I just read all the new posts, and if they were in fewer places or one place it would be easier.
[+] 1 user Likes DanCooper's post
    Go To Post #1
Sounds good. I do like the idea of 'Technical Discussions' as opposed to 'Parts and Maintenance'. Also perhaps a category for 'Driving Tips' would be good. As folks star to accessorize their FUVs maybe an 'Accessories' topic for down the road a bit.

Its hard to keep discussion groups like this organized; to many topics, to few topics, I've always leaned to more is better as long as you don't get too much overlap. You will probably never get agreement among the group so do what you think makes sense.
[+] 1 user Likes ricschug's post
    Go To Post #1
"Parts and maintenance" is a different category from "drivetrain". When I see 'drivetrain" I look for batteries, controllers, motors, gearbox, halfshafts, controller software, etc. To capture both, "technical discussion" would in my opinion, do just fine.   Smile

(10-29-2018, 01:41 PM)ricschug Wrote: Sounds good. I do like the idea of 'Technical Discussions' as opposed to 'Parts and Maintenance'. Also perhaps a category for 'Driving Tips' would be good. As folks star to accessorize their FUVs maybe an 'Accessories' topic for down the road a bit.
I hadn't thought of "driving tips" but it makes good sense to have that somewhere. As an engineer, I am thinking about the differences from either 4-wheelers or motorcycles. With a 4-wheeler, you are concerned (consciously or not) about oversteer and understeer and how vehicle loading affects these. With a motorcycle, the tires do not scrub along the centerline yet we see motorcycle tires on the Arcimoto.

For example: Just how hard can you brake and steer at the same time? That's an area where the 2 up front (tadpole wheel arrangement) has a large safety advantage over a 2 in back tricycle.

Or maybe you can call it "nerd hangout"   Big Grin
    Go To Post #1
[quote pid='3883' dateline='1540830242']

With a motorcycle, the tires do not scrub along the centerline yet we see motorcycle tires on the Arcimoto. 
[/quote]

The three FUVs I saw in Kansas City recently were equipped with automotive tires all around.  Motorcycle tires have a completely different profile and tread pattern. 

[Image: 20181006-143614.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
(10-29-2018, 07:38 PM)jimball Wrote: [quote pid='3883' dateline='1540830242']

With a motorcycle, the tires do not scrub along the centerline yet we see motorcycle tires on the Arcimoto. 

The three FUVs I saw in Kansas City recently were equipped with automotive tires all around.  Motorcycle tires have a completely different profile and tread pattern. 

[Image: 20181006-143614.jpg]
[/quote]
Oh good. Thanks for that. I know AM was working on the requirement for motorcycle tires. Car tires are by far the better choice for safety reasons.
    Go To Post #1
The FUV has car tires and they are certified for use on the FUV.   AM jumped through the hoops to get that done.