New Category Arrangement
    Go To Post #1
(10-29-2018, 04:24 PM)Dan21 Wrote: "Parts and maintenance" is a different category from "drivetrain". When I see 'drivetrain" I look for batteries, controllers, motors, gearbox, halfshafts, controller software, etc. To capture both, "technical discussion" would in my opinion, do just fine.   Smile

I hadn't thought of "driving tips" but it makes good sense to have that somewhere. As an engineer, I am thinking about the differences from either 4-wheelers or motorcycles. With a 4-wheeler, you are concerned (consciously or not) about oversteer and understeer and how vehicle loading affects these. With a motorcycle, the tires do not scrub along the centerline yet we see motorcycle tires on the Arcimoto.

For example: Just how hard can you brake and steer at the same time? That's an area where the 2 up front (tadpole wheel arrangement) has a large safety advantage over a 2 in back tricycle.

Or maybe you can call it "nerd hangout"   Big Grin

I love the feedback.

What would you think of changing "FUV Drivetrain" to the more broad "Technical Discussion"?  I can add a description to clarify its purposes to include maintenance info and make it a catch-all for that stuff too, so that we can keep things simple.

"Driving Tips" seems to be a popular idea.  Let's add it in.
[+] 2 users Like Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
(10-30-2018, 04:25 PM)Kepesk Wrote: I love the feedback.

What would you think of changing "FUV Drivetrain" to the more broad "Technical Discussion"?  I can add a description to clarify its purposes to include maintenance info and make it a catch-all for that stuff too, so that we can keep things simple.

"Technical Discussion" works for me. Just my opinion.
    Go To Post #1
(10-30-2018, 04:25 PM)Kepesk Wrote: I love the feedback.

A clear description would be good for all categories so as to help keep them focused.
[+] 1 user Likes ricschug's post
    Go To Post #1
Okay here's what I think we've settled on:

General FUV Discusion - Unchanged
In the News - Unchanged
Events - Formerly "FUV Events"
Photos and Video - Unchanged
Driving Tips - New
Upgrades and Options - Unchanged
Technical Discussion - Formerly "FUV Powertrain"
Arcimoto Company and Stock - Formerly "FUV Stock"
Production and the AMP - Formerly "The AMP"
Purchase and Delivery - Merged categories "Delivery, Final Fees, and Incentives" and "Delivered FUVs"

If there are no other big suggestions or concerns, I'll set this up in the next couple of days.
[+] 2 users Like Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
Update compete. I also adjusted the forums into a little more logical order.