Windshield material & windshield wipers
    Go To Post #1
I'm concerned as to why we haven't seen an SRK fitted with windshield wipers yet.   I suspect that Archimoto may have discovered that their windshield material (a hard plastic) cannot stand up to the harsh action of wiper blades + dust, grit and bugs being ground into the surface that will be normal operating conditions every time the wipers are used.  I do not know of any plastic that can take that abuse and not end up scratched all to hell in short order.  Custom formed safety glass is a hellaciously expensive proposition in the relatively limited quantities Archimoto would use for the first couple of years.
    Go To Post #1
There is a break between the windshield and the roof panel.  Perhaps they will specify different materials?  I posed the question on the Arc Facebook page.  Stay tuned. Smile

I'm concerned about the limited information in general.  Haven't seen and or heard much about the ETC build........I thought it was completed and or status of the Pilot fleet supposedly to be delivered in a month or 2 for road testing by the handful of early adopters.

Go To Post #1
The ETC is complete (and they've been making modifications to it; guess that's why they call it the "Engineering Test Chassis"). They keep saying the Signature Series is in the "build phase" but haven't offered specifics.
    Go To Post #1
(11-11-2016, 04:55 PM)Kepesk Wrote: The ETC is complete (and they've been making modifications to it; guess that's why they call it the "Engineering Test Chassis").  They keep saying the Signature Series is in the "build phase" but haven't offered specifics.

IIRC, you are practically next door to the factory.  Would you mind asking them about their progress with the windshield wiper?  The SRK must be a multi environment vehicle for me to keep considering it. Sun is easy.  Rain and snow, hot and cold - all are driving conditions I must be able to use the SRK in.  That also includes a need to defrost the windshield.  My Honda Trike is a great fair weather ride.  I need more.
    Go To Post #1
They've stated they will have a windshield wiper on multiple occasions. I believe them. They have also suggested that their current windshield material is not going to be what's on the production models. They're busy people; I don't really feel inclined to bug them about more specifics at this time. If they haven't answered the question by the time they hold their next event, I'll ask them.
    Go To Post #1
Another point to look out for on both the SRK and the Solo is the provision of THREE jacking points to lift the vehicle (without damaging the body panels) in order to change the small wheels.
    Go To Post #1
Mark F. has stated the windshield wiper and enclosure panels are in the engineering phase. It's logical now that the ETC Frame specs and the windshield design are locked in, that the wiper and enclosure panels are not to far off particularly if production is going to start on time. I ass.u.me the handful of SRK signature series at $43K will have functioning wipers.

Go To Post #1
Here's a nice shot of the clear windshield  extending back into the roof...

.jpg   srkroof.jpg (Size: 30.7 KB / Downloads: 17)
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
(11-12-2016, 08:44 AM)paravil Wrote: Another point to look out for on both the SRK and the Solo is the provision of THREE jacking points to lift the vehicle (without damaging the body panels) in order to change the small wheels.

The wheels are standard sized.  The pictures can be a bit deceptive on that point.

(11-13-2016, 04:03 AM)Rickb Wrote: Mark F.  has stated the windshield wiper and enclosure panels are in the engineering phase.  It's logical now that the ETC Frame specs and the windshield design are locked in, that the wiper and enclosure panels are not to far off particularly if production is going to start on time.  I ass.u.me the handful of SRK signature series at $43K will have functioning wipers.

They've said the sig series will definitely have wipers.