FUV hits Orlando
    Go To Post #1
[Image: fuv-orlando.jpg]

Finally got to experience it. 

Chatting with representatives while waiting...
Their goal is to leverage rental locations in Orlando and other major city's as shipping and maintenance locations. 
Everybody not living in Eugene will need support and delivery options so anyone leaving the queue in front of us will be opening up mfg slots for the rental locations.
I'm assured that nobody is getting bumped.
But this also means I'm moving another round of $$$ saved for the FUV to my mortgage.
Symbiotic really so its a win-win all the way around from my perspective.
Time only makes this better.
[+] 1 user Likes dmapes's post
    Go To Post #1
I also spoke in detail with them, They also indicated during the first year orders would be skipped in order to gain working capital to stay afloat. He said the first phase (2 months per phase) would be Oregon, California, and Washington State, Next Texas and Florida, the possibly New York and Arizona then all other of the 48 states. This is not a problem for me as we need to stay afloat.

The other things I do worry about is the 20KW will probably be standard because they have only been able to get 90 miles out if it not the 130 as predicted. Unknown if that will raise the base price. Additionally almost everything will be an option. heated seats, grips etc.

The battery configuration is smaller in size (nice) 2 10KW batteries for drive power and 1 12v motorcycle battery for lights, etc (est life on 10K batteries 1o years, on Standard motorcycle battery 3-4 years)
[+] 1 user Likes Flyby's post
    Go To Post #1
I was able to see and drive the FUV in Austin when it was on the Interstate 10 tour. When I was there, they had many people drop in without a reservation. I find it easy to believe your quote about the phases. Texas and Florida are good choices for a second phase specifically in Austin/San Antonio and Orlando. They are centrally located, tourist areas in high population states and can be regional repair and rental centers.
[+] 1 user Likes shome's post
    Go To Post #1
(11-14-2018, 12:25 PM)Flyby Wrote: {...} The other things I do worry about is the 20KW will probably be standard because they have only been able to get 90 miles out if it not the 130 as predicted.  Unknown if that will raise the base price.  Additionally almost everything will be an option. heated seats, grips etc.

The battery configuration is smaller in size (nice)  2 10KW batteries for drive power and 1 12v motorcycle battery for lights, etc (est life on 10K batteries 1o years, on Standard motorcycle battery 3-4 years)

90 miles on 20 kWh is pretty ... pathetic. Unless that is all at 60+ mph. My SparkEV (with a ~18.5 kWh pack) routinely got 110 miles (around town - the freeway range was about 85). So, (a) maybe they are protecting a greater fraction of the battery to prolong life (e.g., 20 kWh is the "theoretical max" when charged to full, and they don't allow use of the bottom 8% or top 12%, or something like that), or (b) they are measuring range at highway speed only, or {c} their software blows, or (d) the "drag coefficient" of the vehicle is horrid. Or maybe a combo of several of the previous.
    Go To Post #1
I agree with SparkE - the mileage should be a lot better. Some where I saw an estimating formula for EVs based on weight. By that formula the FUV should easily be at 120 miles with the 19.3KWH battery. It is more than "drag", I am talking non freeway miles. I really wonder about the twin motor set up. Tesla uses that sort of set up but Leaf doesn't.
    Go To Post #1
My analysis, based on a certain amount of guesswork, predicts the advertized range at 35 mph. Reasonable for a city vehicle. It really goes to heck at highway speeds. This is mostly due to aerodynamic drag. Doors should help a lot at higher speeds. Two motors should be as efficient as one motor. Maybe a bit better because of simpler gearboxes.
    Go To Post #1
Arcimoto engineers estimated range options at 70 and 130 miles.  I’m happy to wait until they gather all the testing data from the Sigs, Betas, Pilots and make the necessary upgrades/tweaks to know if their estimates are over or under on the final technical specifications page.

Obviously, range will vary based on options, the individual driver, the roadway/route/speed, and environmental driving conditions.

Go To Post #1
Let's not forget that the production model FUV will probably be lighter due to using molded plastic body panels instead of fiberglass. There was also some talk of making changes and tweaks to the frame, which would reduce weight. Doors plus a tail box will go a long way toward reducing drag at highway speed. I think that Arcimoto will come very close to hitting their projected mileage estimates.

Isn't it funny (ironic?) that city vs. highway mileage on the electric FUV is just the opposite of an ICE-powered vehicle?
(I completely understand why this is the case, but it still amuses me.)
    Go To Post #1
I recall Arcimoto stating they will shed 200# off the Sigs and Betas which I ass.u.me will reflect in the Pilots.  Enclosure panels and other options will add some of that weight back.  Looking forward to the final tech specs and placing my official pre-order.  Heck, My daily commute is to the coffee house.  The new coffee study test results indicate the more you drink the longer you live. ☕️

Go To Post #1
Adding some sort of plastic "fairing" to the front to allow air to "glide" around (instead of over / through ) the dual front sets of struts might make a significant difference to the drag coefficient at highway speeds (with contoured doors). It shouldn't make THAT much of a difference under 40 mpg (i.e., around town).