A possible FUV heater?
    Go To Post #1
This might be a possibility:

[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
Could be the perfect cozy cabin solution in my on the mild side winter climate. However, a product with the name Mr. golf cart heater may reinforce the idea (of some) that the FUV is a high speed golf cart. Smile
I’m very interested in seeing specs and cost of the factory climate control option and more importantly hardshell enclosure.

Go To Post #1
(12-24-2018, 04:15 PM)Rickb Wrote: Could be the perfect cozy cabin solution in my on the mild side winter climate.  However, a product with the name Mr. golf cart heater may reinforce the idea (of some) that the FUV is a high speed golf cart.  Smile
I’m very interested in seeing specs and cost of the factory climate control option and more importantly hardshell enclosure.

I'm anxiously awaiting info about enclosures too - especially pricing.  I really want to see pricing on all options and accessories.  I hope to outfit my FUV with an extended range battery, tailbox & doors - soft or hard, whichever is cheaper.  I also want a trailer hitch.  I know they are experimenting with saddlebags, but no idea what they've done with that idea.  What I do not want is to end up with a $20k+ vehicle.  Not knowing is beginning to get to me.
    Go To Post #1
(12-24-2018, 04:32 PM)jimball Wrote: I'm anxiously awaiting info about enclosures too - especially pricing.  I really want to see pricing on all options and accessories.  I hope to outfit my FUV with an extended range battery, tailbox & doors - soft or hard, whichever is cheaper.  I also want a trailer hitch.  I know they are experimenting with saddlebags, but no idea what they've done with that idea.  What I do not want is to end up with a $20k+ vehicle.  Not knowing is beginning to get to me.
I saw the FUV with hardcase saddlebags during my AMP tour.  I was awed by what I saw, all the activity, and unfortunately didn’t take photos during the tour.  
Arcimoto has never posted daily progress reports during my decade of following their progress, but rather waited to report major milestone accomplishments.  I guess it will happen when it’s good and ready.  We should both cook something and or take a pill to calm down. Smile

Go To Post #1
(12-24-2018, 05:44 PM)Rickb Wrote:   We should both cook something and or take a pill to calm down. Smile

I could claim that all this is going to drive me to drink, but that would be a lie.  At this point it is just a short walk.
Rolleyes
    Go To Post #1
Hardcase saddlebags? That sounds interesting, and they might even be something I'll get (depending on various factors).

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming reveals.
    Go To Post #1
(12-24-2018, 09:49 PM)Kepesk Wrote: Hardcase saddlebags?  That sounds interesting, and they might even be something I'll get (depending on various factors).

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming reveals.
The hardcase saddlebags looked awesome and functional for a servicing business application for tools, parts, etc. paired with the rear deck cargo enclosure ........adequate storage for COSTCO runs as well.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Sounds perfect for me. Tools and parts are exactly what I'll need to carry regularly in my FUV.
    Go To Post #1
what I am thinking for heater. putting one in my E-truck to test it out - hopefully this link comes through
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-5KW-Air-Die...rk:23:pf:0

(12-28-2018, 04:07 AM)PAX Wrote: what I am thinking for heater.  putting one in my E-truck to test it out - hopefully this link comes through
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-5KW-Air-Die...rk:23:pf:0

Fossil fuels for heat are better than for motion.  I put a similar one on my boat - before these chinese copies appeared and it is really good but 10 times the cost of this one- and it sips fuel and really heats. This seems the best option unless there is a heat pump option available that i don't know about. And i bet cost for heat pump would be way above the diesel heater- to say nothing of the nasty environmental effects of the refrigerant gas.
Overkill for the FUV but a real option that saves battery..    When we turn the heater on in our 2017 LEAF the mileage really drops. Might put one of these in it.
    Go To Post #1
Since most trips will be short, and I may need all the storage space for shopping, I figure that preheating the cabin with a portable electric space heater should do the job. But I agree, fossil fuel for heating is much more efficient than making electricity from it or running an internal combustion engine. An FUV running on coal (coal-powered grid in my state) is still more efficient than a gasoline vehicle. I will add solar panels on the house to make it carbon-neutral.

Has anyone verified that they are still on track to produce 1000 units the first quarter of 2019, and that report of 185 units or whatever in 2019 was an error?
[+] 1 user Likes DanCooper's post