Single 100 mile battery option
    Go To Post #1
The battery range wasn't as good as predicted for both battery options, so they will only be offering the large battery for now, and the range estimate has been reduced from 130 miles to 100 miles. The good news is that the larger battery and the 100 mile range will be included in the base price. I think this is a big win for most future owners. They still have plans for an extended range battery that fits in the same space, but it's not something I would bet on. 100 mile range is great for me, and much better than the 70 mile range of the previous standard battery option. I'm very happy with this development, speaking for myself. I do know that some people need the 130 mile range or even more if it becomes available. I hope you have that option in the future and that it's field upgradable.

Another topic on the SRK/FUV Facebook page was future charging options beyond the 120VAC and 240VAC. Someone also suggested that the FUV could serve as an (emergency) power source, if they design that in. If they provide a way to do that, an FUV could be used to power up another FUV or even provide temporary 120VAC power for home or camper or work site use. Does anyone know if Arcimoto is considering any of these options?
[+] 1 user Likes davstewa's post
    Go To Post #1
The new and improved base model’s 100 mile range will reduce or eliminate range anxiety for the typical urban commuter demographic. However, I don’t know how it’s going to effect the targeted $11,900 msrp.  

Regardless, I now expect to see a fully optioned $15-20K FUV retail launch followed by the base model FUV offering sometime down the road, similar to the fully optioned $54K Tesla Model 3 reservation launch with the $35K Model 3 to be determined by production scale.

Go To Post #1
Considering I finally gave in and just bought an EV (car) with 85 miles of range (sorry but I just couldn't wait anymore) - the 100-mile-range FUV obviously would have met my needs/desires.
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
(01-19-2019, 07:50 PM)Rickb Wrote: The new and improved base model’s 100 mile range will reduce or eliminate range anxiety for the typical urban commuter demographic. However, I don’t know how it’s going to effect the targeted $11,900 msrp.  

Regardless, I now expect to see a fully optioned $15-20K FUV retail launch followed by the base model FUV offering sometime down the road, similar to the fully optioned $54K Tesla Model 3 reservation launch with the $35K Model 3 to be determined by production scale.

Yes, Tesla Model 3 is that way, but I don't think Arcimoto will be. There is a pretty long list of options in the specifications. I'm hoping I don't have to have everything to get an early one. I was assuming that all options will not be available for the first production run, and some options would be retrofit when available.

It's coming up pretty fast. I expect a non-refundable deposit will be next for the low numbers on the west coast. They will probably answer these and other questions at that time. I hope someone lets this forum know when it happens.
    Go To Post #1
(01-20-2019, 02:18 AM)davstewa Wrote: Yes, Tesla Model 3 is that way, but I don't think Arcimoto will be. There is a pretty long list of options in the specifications. I'm hoping I don't have to have everything to get an early one. I was assuming that all options will not be available for the first production run, and some options would be retrofit when available.

It's coming up pretty fast. I expect a non-refundable deposit will be next for the low numbers on the west coast. They will probably answer these and other questions at that time. I hope someone lets this forum know when it happens.
I didn't think so either and hope Arcimoto doesn’t disappoint.    My bet is Jacob will let us know immediately following Arcimoto's official roll out announcement.  I'm eager to order the base model with color, tail box, and hard shell enclosure options and I'll be good to fly the road. The hard shell enclosures will most likely be available at some later date.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Oh I'll post it. Unless someone beats me to it. Heck, the A Team is more than welcome to post it themselves. ?
[+] 1 user Likes Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
Yes, it would be cool if the Arcimoto Marketing Team had a ‘direct news feed’ to our FUV Forum. I recall Eric posting info periodically back in the early days of this forum.

Jacob, It’s my full time job to beat you to it! Smile

[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
(01-20-2019, 02:16 AM)SparkE Wrote: Considering I finally gave in and just bought an EV (car) with 85 miles of range (sorry but I just couldn't wait anymore) - the 100-mile-range FUV obviously would have met my needs/desires.

Leaf? what year?
    Go To Post #1
(01-20-2019, 02:16 AM)SparkE Wrote: Considering I finally gave in and just bought an EV (car) with 85 miles of range (sorry but I just couldn't wait anymore) - the 100-mile-range FUV obviously would have met my needs/desires.
SparkE, The good news is you met your immediate transportation  needs and can always purchase the FUV anytime down the road as a trade or a fun, open, and fair weather supplement to your Leaf(?) providing that option is practical and affordable.  Chime in periodically to let us know how you like the EV.  Best, Rick

Go To Post #1
I bought a Chevy Spark EV. it's "a sleeper" : 0-60 in about 7 seconds. Beaten by Tesla, Porche, BMW electrics. It is super hot off the line (400 lb-ft of torque); 0-30 times are pretty much 3 secs.

About the same 0-60 as BMW 320i.