FUV EverGreen Series Reveal
    Go To Post #1
(05-28-2019, 07:46 PM)ricschug Wrote: I though that the extra green on the fenders looked really good, like it belonged there. Why would they remove it?
My guess is because that is not how it will be sold. They are aiming for minimal vinyl to cut time of production and costs. The Bellotti golf thing was May 10th. The Open House was May 11th so I’m pretty sure they added vinyl for the Golf tourney then removed it the next day for the open house. The only reason to do that is because what you saw at the open house is what you’ll get.
    Go To Post #1
I don’t think minimal vinyl and cut time is the issue since they offer 2 vinyl options. The Sport Color has far less vinyl than the Standard Color option, both the same cost. Also, solid black, no vinyl accent color, same price. Smile

[Image: A98-A94-C1-E838-4912-88-E6-F973-E59-B6-F2-A.jpg]

Go To Post #1
This is the vinyl color wrap I was looking for! More Color and the silver or black body color becomes the accent with color to the outside edge of the fender. Arcimoto should offer it as a standard option. Also, answers Kat’s question regarding the vinyl wrap covering the Cargo Box.

[Image: C2619021-E82-D-4987-B082-6-A76-C4145-A32.jpg]

Go To Post #1
(06-03-2019, 07:42 PM)Rickb Wrote: This is the vinyl color wrap I was looking for! More Color and the silver or black body color becomes the accent with color to the outside edge of the fender. Arcimoto should offer it as a standard option. Also, answers Kat’s question regarding the vinyl wrap covering the Cargo Box.

[Image: C2619021-E82-D-4987-B082-6-A76-C4145-A32.jpg]
Pretty sure that is a photoshop. I don't think you can vinyl wrap the back cargo box, it is rounded, has rough spots, and didn't seem smooth enough. At best they can wrap the side, maybe part of the back and the door? Fairly certain they will pay for that vinyl on the back (and front) and pay well. Plus that is the old version of the Arcimoto, a beta? The seats and headlight is the old style. More than likely they will look like the Hula.
    Go To Post #1
It is a photoshop. Pretty certain the Cargo Box can be wrapped. I’ve seen vinyl applied to some very severe auto body contours. Arcimoto wouldn’t photoshop FUV examples that would be impossible on FUVs. Recent FUV photoshopped images would likely be on the finalized Evergreen Edition with the integrated headlights. GOcar would be disappointed too.

Rough Spots, highly unlikely and unacceptable on the retail Evergreens. That would be an indicator that it’s not quite ready for production. They may need to tweak the assembly line process for production scale, but not the production ready Evergreen FUV. Same would apply to the California doors. If they still don’t fit by the assembly start time, then tweak them til they do......and send them later. I don’t believe Arcimoto would accept or send shoddy materials/workmanship on our Flagship FUVs. IMO

Go To Post #1
Oregon State U has one of those vacuum molders - i just saw an item that was formed from it the other day. It makes items with one smooth side and one bumpy side. And sometimes you have to plastic weld pieces together. The cargo box definitely has welding and rough spots. It is a cheap way to make plasic parts. Apparently vinyl doesn’t stick well to non super smooth surfaces so it will only last a few years, rather than 7 years if it were glass or smooth metal. That is why I don’t think they are eager to do vinyl all over. I just don’t think that type of plastic is conducive. Maybe if they used a more smooth and rigid material like fiberglass? The trunk is pretty flimsy.
    Go To Post #1
I didn’t detect flimsy on the Beta I test drove. I only hope the production model FUV and FUV options didn’t evolve to cheap. The functional Cargo Box will see some heavy use and take some beating so it needs to be solid, not flimsy. Arcimoto, say it isn’t so!

Go To Post #1
(06-04-2019, 02:42 PM)Rickb Wrote: I did’t detect flimsy on the Beta I test drove. I only hope the production model FUV and FUV options didn’t evolve to cheap. The functional Cargo Box will see some heavy use and take some beating so it needs to be solid, not flimsy. Arcimoto, say it isn’t so!
Sorry to say that cargo box is pretty flimsy. For us it doesn’t matter as it will do the job just fine. If the Arcimoto takes off, I can see a cottage industry that will upgrade panels, fenders, and cargo boxes in a carbon fiber or composite material that takes paint better.
    Go To Post #1
If Arcimoto’s thermoformed parts meets these quality standards (seems to take wear/tear, take paint and smooth enough for vinyl wrap) I’m fine with it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S8oSfr8zjhA

I hope my assumption regarding quality control is confirmed when I take delivery. In order for Arcimoto to take off........it needs to be quality out the starting gate.

Go To Post #1
anyone know what material the body parts are made of? Could it be ABS, because if so they are extremely tough and also flexible. Fiberglass has a tendency to crack over time as it is very rigid.