FUV EverGreen Series Reveal
    Go To Post #1
I cannot believe that all of our current leaders are so stupid as not to know the planet is in danger. Another hypothesis is that they want to kill us all so what is left will belong to them alone.

Rickb, I share your frustration. I think we should be careful talking about politics here, so as not to get divisive, but I think it is OK and necessary to talk about issues. Our leaders are blocking any action on climate change and other sustainability issues. They are dismantling progress that has been made in the past. A lot of people are going along with it, which is why Detroit is pulling out of the small car market. Arcimoto is swimming against the tide. I just hope there are enough mavericks who care about the future and who value fun over conspicuous consumption to create a viable market.
[+] 1 user Likes DanCooper's post
    Go To Post #1
DanCooper, Sorry I deleted my save the planet political issues post. It’s too late and I’m too old. Watch what they do, not what they say.......both your political leadership and our Arcimoto leadership.

I don’t think Arcimoto is swimming against the tides in their home State. The City of Eugene and the State of OR have and continue to be supportive of Arcimoto’s vision. Good for them and good for us!

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
I was recently contacted by someone at arcimoto to discuss color options. Not sure if that’s because I never selected a color and we are getting close to production, or if they are hoping to upsell the different options.

Has anyone else been contacted about this?

Things I learned: there are going to be a wide range of options, from the colors we see on the configuration, to special colorings like carbon fiber, two tone that changes in the light, near black that has flakes to make it shine/reflect etc, for a “minor” cost increase(few hundred). To full wraps to full on paint(up to $2k for that).

The special colors have me intrigued so I may make a day trip down to see options.
Thought I’d share!
[+] 1 user Likes DanPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
(07-26-2019, 05:32 PM)DanPDX Wrote: I was recently contacted by someone at arcimoto to discuss color options. Not sure if that’s because I never selected a color and we are getting close to production, or if they are hoping to upsell the different options.

Things I learned: there are going to be a wide range of options, from the colors we see on the configuration, to special colorings like carbon fiber, two tone that changes in the light, near black that has flakes to make it shine/reflect etc, for a “minor” cost increase(few hundred). To full wraps to full on paint(up to $2k for that).

The special colors have me intrigued so I may make a day trip down to see options.
Thought I’d share!

That is really exciting news especially the light sensitive options. But I guess none of it matters if we can't get one! Being in Colorado I'm feeling like I will ever get one.
    Go To Post #1
I just had a good exchange with the graphic designer about my custom design. Got a good set of first drafts (a dozen!) then gave some feedback, and he came up with a few new drafts, one of which is perfect.

Hopefully Jonathan doesn't spoil it on Facebook again! :-P (I went with more understated than the one he posted.)
    Go To Post #1
Awesome!
Have they given you a rough cost for your custom work?
    Go To Post #1
(07-27-2019, 04:24 AM)DanPDX Wrote: Awesome!
Have they given you a rough cost for your custom work?

Not yet.
    Go To Post #1
(07-26-2019, 05:32 PM)DanPDX Wrote: I was recently contacted by someone at arcimoto to discuss color options. Not sure if that’s because I never selected a color and we are getting close to production, or if they are hoping to upsell the different options.

Thought I’d share!
Did they call or email? How is it that you didn’t pick a color. If I remember, it seems it was required.
    Go To Post #1
If we want to get fancy the best option is no paint, no vinyl, take it to a local custom shop.
[+] 2 users Like DanCooper's post
    Go To Post #1
(07-28-2019, 04:58 PM)DanCooper Wrote: If we want to get fancy the best option is no paint, no vinyl, take it to a local custom shop.

I'm strongly considering that myself, if I ever get one. It sounds like AM may be working with some local custom shops which would be the best.