FUV EverGreen Series Reveal
    Go To Post #1
Why spend money on vehicle options you don’t need/want, particularly the half doors.......when full enclosure is more functional.  The wait may  be a short time longer to configure exactly what you need/want.  Plus, the evergreen adopters are the test pilots during the wait.  Q3-4 2019 would be a respectable delivery time for a base model with ‘choice’ of options.

Those are half doors. The full door option will require a detachable window.

Go To Post #1
I may buy into the logic of offering the fully optioned roll out $20K FUV and a slightly longer wait for the $11,900 base model.  I admit to being weak in the understanding department. Smile

[Image: 368-C57-C4-960-D-4422-92-A4-A2-E1-D2632710.jpg]

Go To Post #1
Decision is made.

[Image: FB-IMG-1549695785637.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
I deleted my post regarding your decision making process because I didn’t want to influence you in any way.  Congrats on your decision made, but you better sign some kind of agreement with your wife before the fun and utility begins, limiting the number of hours per week she can use it. Smile

FUV #297 is envious as hell!

Go To Post #1
Haha because of our disparate schedules, she gets to drive it all day every Friday. But she has preorder #3202, so eventually it will be moot.
    Go To Post #1
Have you decided how you are going to deal with the supplies? Will it have a fold down seat that you could secure a box to the folded down seat?
    Go To Post #1
Congrats, Jacob! It's a big pill to swallow now, but if you have any buyer's remorse now, I'm certain it will disappear once you've driven it the first 100 yards. Smile
    Go To Post #1
Storage should be fine. They're saying that the production tail box will be a little bigger than the prototype (enough to hold standard carry-on sized luggage), and there will be an anchor point that I can use to secure a locking storage box to the back seat if the tail box isn't enough. I'll have enough storage.
    Go To Post #1
I sense zero buyers remorse. Heck, Jacob will qualify for the minimum $2500 Oregon EV incentive program to help ease the out of pocket expense and own what I would consider a well optioned Collector Series Edition.  

Also, I expect the photo of Jacob taking delivery of his Evergreen Edition FUV from Mark Frohnmayer and crew will be used on a new and improved FUV Forum Header Page.   Smile

I was told during the AMP tour that the fold down seat feature revealed at the AMP Open House Event was scrapped because it really didn’t provide much if any added cargo space and may actually have taken up useable rear seat storage space.

Go To Post #1
I'm not too pissed by the "Evergreen Edition" announce ; they are simply taking a page out of Tesla's book : those who want to be the first will be obligated to buy the early models with all the bells and whistles, while they streamline production and bring costs down to be able to sell the "stripped down" version at a profit.

I'm also less anxious, since I finally broke down and bought a used EV a while ago, realizing that there was no way I was going to get one of these any time soon. So I am in no hurry, at the moment.
[+] 2 users Like SparkE's post